• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Conte has never had success when not playing a creative CM. His previous CMs have all had players more creative than we have now.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
He didn’t have one at Chelsea unless kante or Matic count? Yes he had Favregas but didn’t start much 13 games
He didn’t play one at inter until late in his time there
Juve he inherited Pirlo
What did have at those clubs were capable wing backs who got goals and assists

We're 3rd in the league with one loss in 8 games.

We're fairly well placed to qualify in the CL.

We got CL last season when Conte took Nunos shambles in November and turned it around.

And yet, there's a lot of disgruntlement about. And it's not just on the interweb. Darke referenced it on commentary

We're a strange bunch sometimes.

Without a doubt and i could not agree more, i know some fans hate the saying " work in progress" but under Conte that is what is happening. We are not the finished articule but we have come so far since the debacle under Nunos and i can not believe that some fans can not see/agree with that. What is that old saying " Rome was not built in a day" and to turn us round from where we were before Conte came here was always going to take a massive change.

He didn’t have one at Chelsea unless kante or Matic count? Yes he had Favregas but didn’t start much 13 games
He didn’t play one at inter until late in his time there
Juve he inherited Pirlo
What did have at those clubs were capable wing backs who got goals and assists
Fabregas played 29 games that season. He was a very good creative option either from the start or from he bench. You can't pretend he didn't play his part because he did. So he had Pirlo and played him, so you can't he never had creative CM options, that is false. He's had them and used them at every club he's had success at.

Last edited:
Fabregas played 29 games that season. He was a very good creative option either from the start or from he bench. You can't pretend he didn't play his part because he did. So he had Pirlo and played him, so you can't he never had creative CM options, that is false. He's had them and used them at every club he's had success at.

He started a 1/3 of the games
And it’s worth looking at where he started too position wise.
He came in a lot for Pedro
So going from a winger to a CM
Here is a good article on his role there https://www.goal.com/en-gb/amp/news...under-antonio-conte/49bl3zd4iyhm1ckdx0zw61g2x
I’d say he has never recruited a creative CM
Eriksen was brought by the club because he was cheap
he inherited Pirlo (apparently they hated each other)
There any be someone else but I don’t know who

Fabregas... came in a lot for Pedro
So going from a winger to a CM
Precisely. If you want to play it that way.
Conte's teams needed a creative midfielder to link midfield to attack.
Conte didn't bring on a 3rd striker, he brought on a creative midfielder.

You just scoffed at people asking for a 3rd CM but you have to understand why they want that. Playing 3 of our 3 strikers from the start isn't working particularly well as they aren't combining well.
People are saying that we might gel better if we had someone to link midfield to attack, rather than having 3 strikers.

Hojbjerg and Bentancur could link better and do more, if they had Bissouma behind them.
And it means we would have a striker on the bench, ready to come on.

You just scoffed at people asking for a 3rd CM but you have to understand why they want that. Playing 3 of our 3 strikers from the start isn't working particularly well as they aren't combining well.
People are saying that we might gel better if we had someone to link midfield to attack, rather than having 3 strikers.

Hojbjerg and Bentancur could link better and do more, if they had Bissouma behind them.
I understand why people want one
What I’ve been saying is conte, to date doesn’t want one. He didn’t buy fatbregas and didn’t play him much… yet he is cited as one example of a creative CM he played… he did when the game was won I’d agree
Fans can what all they want but all that actually matters is what conte wants
He played 3-4-3 at Chelsea and won the league
He played 3-1-4-2 at inter for most of his time there IIRC. He could play that here TBF
And I fully agree you need options on the bench

Conte is the man, I don't think people question that TBH and everyone I speak to love what he did last season. I think where we are, yes its a work in progress, but also I think with the work in the summer people are waiting for that break out performance thats maybe yet to happen. Also many I go to games with and drink with are more than happy but they, like me have scratched our heads at lack of time for the newbies and this reluctance at times to change the team 2nd half, I think its fair TBH.

But all in all, happy

Conte is the man, I don't think people question that TBH and everyone I speak to love what he did last season. I think where we are, yes its a work in progress, but also I think with the work in the summer people are waiting for that break out performance thats maybe yet to happen. Also many I go to games with and drink with are more than happy but they, like me have scratched our heads at lack of time for the newbies and this reluctance at times to change the team 2nd half, I think its fair TBH.

But all in all, happy
His lack of use of the squad is scary imo
If he doesn’t trust the players he shouldn’t have let us buy them

Especially this season with the world Cup and five subs rule that everyone else is taking advantage of. Fatigue and injuries are inevitable and our recent signings won't be ready should they be called upon soon.

With Kulusevski out I can definitely see the point. But then again we might as well try to get a proper Kulusevski backup/competitor.

If we want more creativity deeper a better attacking RWB may be an even better solution.

The problem with a creative central midfielder is that most players we could sign would only rarely be an option for a midfield two. The defensive ability needed in those roles are very high and not many more creative midfielders can do that. The one's that can are expensive and difficult to get.

Still to be worth the trouble a creative midfielder that is more of an option for a three would have to be rather good. So probably a significant cost for a player that can/will only play a limited role.

I'd rather see us spend that money on someone that can offer more creativity in the starting lineup and regardless of what formation we play. RWB or AMR option. Still think Eriksen would have been good, could have played Kulusevski's role as well. Someone like that, sure would be good. But other solutions could be good too so I don't think we desperately need a creative midfielder.

Not sure on the source, but this would be a great statement and hopefully shut up the media who have him storming out every other week.

If it happens, Harry Kane to follow no doubt.

great if conte stays. i suspect he will commit if given full control of the team and transfers and its possible that we might still see a lot of change as the current team is far from his ideals yet.

According to ally gold we have the option to extend for a year. So not really under any pressure. Can be done while the world cup is on. Or even later.

Back