• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Interesting from conte.

"I think when we play with three strikers.....
"Honestly, at the start, I had some doubts about the balance to put three strikers like Richy, Harry and Sonny
Do you think Conte is a big enough man to step back and realise that we were sterile today until we went to 2 up top.
Releasing Bentancur and Hojbjerg (via bringing on Bissouma) was the key today. It allowed us to play COMPLETELY differently, front foot, in control, positive.

But will Conte admit that an injury to Richie forced Conte to reassess? Let's hope the penny dropped.

Do you think Conte is a big enough man to step back and realise that we were sterile today until we went to 2 up top.
Releasing Bentancur and Hojbjerg (via bringing on Bissouma) was the key today. It allowed us to play COMPLETELY differently, front foot, in control, positive.

But will Conte admit that an injury to Richie forced Conte to reassess? Let's hope the penny dropped.

The post you quoted was saying he wasn't sure about using the 3. So going from the 3 to the 2 was him going back to his original thoughts.

We are better as a 3-5-2 and I hope he has his Chelseaesq come to Jesus moment without the player revolution haha

3-5-2 or 3-4-3 with kulu is fine
Richy is an issue as his touch isn’t good to play wide right but he is ok left and centre
No kulu … 3-5-2 with pressing wing backs and CMs
Helped that Bissouma came in and did everything right

Yes, we've not seen anywhere near the same number of mistakes at the back under Conte.

The mistakes are there but his system covers them. Plus we don’t just try to get ahead and then pull every player behind the ball and stop trying to attack.

I love Mourinho and rate him as one of the greatest managers of all time. But if anyone thinks Conte’s Spurs are like Mourinho’s, they aren’t paying attention.

The mistakes are there but his system covers them. Plus we don’t just try to get ahead and then pull every player behind the ball and stop trying to attack.

I love Mourinho and rate him as one of the greatest managers of all time. But if anyone thinks Conte’s Spurs are like Mourinho’s, they aren’t paying attention.

I disagree, we’d give terrible goals away routinely under Jose.

I think it’s a very similar plan, this is the evolution of where Jose was heading, Conte has had that extra squad improvement Jose said we needed, and had the massive boost of Dier beating his illness.

If anything Conte uses a more defensive line up as we now have two holding MF’s whereas Jose would only use one.

Credit to Conte for getting us to where we are, and to the players who have improved, but Jose put some of these foundations in.

I think it’s a very similar plan, this is the evolution of where Jose was heading, Conte has had that extra squad improvement Jose said we needed, and had the massive boost of Dier beating his illness.

If anything Conte uses a more defensive line up as we now have two holding MF’s whereas Jose would only use one.

Credit to Conte for getting us to where we are, and to the players who have improved, but Jose put some of these foundations in.
Disagree. Jose played low block pretty much every game. Conte mixed it up a bit more with mid block and the odd bit of situational pressing. Conte also gets both full backs a lot higher.

What foundation did Jose put in? You watch the Palace game or the Wolves game under Jose and you see the difference with Conte. In both of those games, we got ahead and we packed the defence and offered absolutely no threat. We drew both 1-1.

You watch, say, the Liverpool game where they beat us 1-0. Jose effectively played a back 6 until the last 20 minutes.

There is little of no similarity to how we play now. Conte has a system. Jose had bodies behind the ball and relied on moments of brilliance from our forwards.

Anyone else notice that todays game was actually Contes 38th league game in charge of Spurs?

So a full league season, that has yielded 24 wins, 7 draws, 7 defeats and 79 points.

This is absolutely fantastic. Remember the state, we were in when he took over from Nuno. We were an absolute mess in those last games of his reign.

And this season; 23 points from 10 games. Best start to a season since 1963.

The football might not always be the most entertaining, but no Spurs fans can question the results.

Disagree. Jose played low block pretty much every game. Conte mixed it up a bit more with mid block and the odd bit of situational pressing. Conte also gets both full backs a lot higher.

With literally sometimes no intent to get forward. Fulham, Brighton and someone else in close proximity and we had one shot or something, it was utterly turgid and negative.

Back