• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

So with the same team and formation can we expect to beat Emirates Marketing Project away?
Yup. The way we play should shut them down, but there's the x factor in Haaland. I would expect Conte to come up with a plan to keep him quiet, however. And they're pretty prone to conceding on the counter, so we will likely get 1 or 2 on the board. So beating them at their digs wouldn't be a surprise.

Yup. The way we play should shut them down, but there's the x factor in Haaland. I would expect Conte to come up with a plan to keep him quiet, however. And they're pretty prone to conceding on the counter, so we will likely get 1 or 2 on the board. So beating them at their digs wouldn't be a surprise.

Romero Vs Haaland!!
Can Haaland be put off by the dark arts?!
I get the sense his weakness is temperament - if his really "frustrated" by the opposition in a certain way, I think he can be wound up.
A lot harder now VAR exists.

Haalands temperament is outstanding IMO
His frustrating comes when you’d top the service to him
Our key will he block the service
Didn't he sent off and in trouble for reacting?
I may be misremembering that.

Edit - can't figure anything. Guess I'm wrong. He's just super human. fudge.

His passing isn’t great generally. It’s why we need him on the end of them

Absolutely.
Maddison would be a fine fit, I think Conte will push Paratici for Zaniolo in Jan (albeit I am not sure of his passing but he fits the other 'profile' left-footer off the right and a unit) but yes, Sonny needs to be on the end of things...

Absolutely.
Maddison would be a fine fit, I think Conte will push Paratici for Zaniolo in Jan (albeit I am not sure of his passing but he fits the other 'profile' left-footer off the right and a unit) but yes, Sonny needs to be on the end of things...

Next summer maddison would be in the last year of his contract. Possibly be a lot cheaper than the £70m this summer.

Absolutely.
Zaniolo would be outstanding on the right, right now
Maddison would be too though

He’ll be trolling the fan base if he starts Sess and Perisic on Saturday. Only way I can see any progress on the right side is if Moura regains fitness.

We're 3rd in the league with one loss in 8 games.

We're fairly well placed to qualify in the CL.

We got CL last season when Conte took Nunos shambles in November and turned it around.

And yet, there's a lot of disgruntlement about. And it's not just on the interweb. Darke referenced it on commentary

We're a strange bunch sometimes.
We can now win games even when the front 3 aren't playing well. That's a big step up from last season. Get the 3 working again and we'll see big improvements.

We got CL last season when Conte took Nunos shambles in November and turned it around.

And yet, there's a lot of disgruntlement about. And it's not just on the interweb. Darke referenced it on commentary

I don't think people are really displeased with us, i think its because they see arsenal doing well.
Swop arsenal and Liverpool league positions, which most would have expected at the start of the season, and no one would be moaning.
When they fall away things will return to normal.

Fully behind the manger. Everyone including Conte knows we didn't play effectively in the last two games. We didn't win ffs. We haven't scored from open play in the last 2 and we miss Moura and Kulu especially. The WBs need to be potent, and Kane and Son look shagged already. But despite all that, we are still getting results. For me, the key lies in the back 5. Son, Kane, Kulu, Hojbjerg and Bentancur are all quality players. They should start because they give everything and have the technical ability. Dier likewise. It is the remaining 4 in the back 5 that we need to see more from. The WBs are yet to hit their stride fully. Romero is just getting back after his injury, but I thought he looked sharper tonight. Lenglet is finding his feet and is worthy of the place. Royal is improving, but so slowly you'd barely notice.

As we are light in attack I'd personally consider

Royal Romero Dier Lenglet Sessengon
Bentancur Bissouma Hojbjerg
Son Kane​

Sessegnon has the fitness now, and I'd back him to click into place with some goals and assists. He's ready imo. Perisic offers so much more from dead balls though, so it is a hard one for Conte. For me the younger guy is what we need in this busy spell. Perisic will contribute more off the bench. Bissouma has to play! I'd love Kane and Son to focus more on attacking the goal - movement and finishing - and less on creating. With 3 in the middle maybe they could. Royal is getting better, and with time will start to contribute. But I don't know how long we will wait. It could take him years! There is promise there, do you stick knowing his defensive ability and athleticism is impressive, or twist and undermine the defense? Kulu for me could slot in at RWB, and we'd instantly have more creativity. Moura is an option (only as a sub really when chasing a game) and Spence looks like he should get sub appearances at the least. And then there is Doherty too. The key for me is getting these WBs and CBs playing well. If they are, the midfield is bolstered, the attacks are more potent, and we'd add that extra 10% we are missing currently. We are almost there with a lot of our play, but there is something missing still. Conte knows that. And he will address.

Last edited:

The media have been talking about conte out since he joined as have certain fans. Just something we'll have to get used to.

Nagelsmann couldn't play his high pressing style without replacing several of our starting 11 players. IMO including Kane, Son, quite possibly Dier and Perisic.

So not only big steps back in terms of our rebuild, going from one or two missing pieces in our starting 11 to several. Also probably having to replace our one true superstar in Kane and one of the best players at the club over the last decade(s) in Son.

I think Conte is perfect for the current moment at the club. He's already had several pieces of his jigsaw brought in. Changing style soon would make things a lot harder imo.
Possibly, though the number of unused and players and those not used to their potential (son furthest forward etc.) feels like we could play better in a different style.

Can you be absolutely sure Conte isn't staying? All I'm saying is that I don't and should the worst case happen Levy shouldn't be caught with his pants down. Good coaches are in short supply and we should not be resorting to Mason. It reeks of poor leadership and management.

We've played more convincing under Conte with Son up front and Kane assisting. Perisic's inclusion has resulted in worse football quality and goal scoring opportunities.

Richy up front has not made our attack more efficient or effective relative to the weakened midfield that some how falls to Son to cover.

Stats wise, possession and goal scoring opportunities are down, will be interesting if this new effective football can keep us top 3... I doubt but happy to wait the season to be proven wrong.

Gut feel we if don't attack enough how do we expect to have enough practice to be efficient?

We've played more convincing under Conte with Son up front and Kane assisting. Perisic's inclusion has resulted in worse football quality and goal scoring opportunities.

Richy up front has not made our attack more efficient or effective relative to the weakened midfield that some how falls to Son to cover.

Stats wise, possession and goal scoring opportunities are down, will be interesting if this new effective football can keep us top 3... I doubt but happy to wait the season to be proven wrong.

Gut feel we if don't attack enough how do we expect to have enough practice to be efficient?

To me the obvious answer is Kulusevski. When he plays he does more of the link job, freeing some space for Kane to do his thing when dropping deep. Giving us a threat from the right both wide and cutting inside unlike Richarlison. Kulusevski also gets more out of Emerson.

Not sure why Kulusevski didn't start before his injury. Certainly hope he'll be back fit and in the starting lineup soon.

Back