• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

My Season Tickets cost £60 each per game (give or take). I was paying £45 a game in the old East Stand behind a pillar in 2000-01

I know the facts point to being the most expensive (top end) season tickets but as far as I am concerned the value now 22 years later far surpass what I was paying. The tickets also trend under inflation from the last 20 odd years

you touch yourself you makes your choice

This, why bitch about prices IF you are willing to pay them.

Mate, Glazers get more, you think Werner at Pool (who is worth $700M) gets less? you think Khaldoon Al Mubarak at City earns less?

And fyi .. the prices on statistica are wrong, can't tell if applies to all, but just be aware (can prove it)
Again, if you have to stoop to the Glaziers to find a comparison then you know you're struggling. If the owning groups of Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project are paying high salaries/bonuses to them that is up to them. I would have no issue with ENIC paying Levy any amount they see fit.

Again, if you have to stoop to the Glaziers to find a comparison then you know you're struggling. If the owning groups of Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project are paying high salaries/bonuses to them that is up to them. I would have no issue with ENIC paying Levy any amount they see fit.

No, I'm not struggling, the point made was ->

- Levy was earning the most of ANY chairman, which regardless of if you think Glaziers is stooping, I have named at least 4 that arguably earn more
- We have the highest ticket prices, repeatedly the Scum have had that title, again huge gap possible in average/median/top, so I'd be willing to concede even if I know from looking at the stat data that it is wrong.

This is why conversations are difficult here, it's not good enough that people think Levy/ENIC are not doing a good job
- People (are you are often there too) have to "prove" that Levy/ENIC are doing the worse job of ANY club, while earning the MOST money and on and on.

It's just disingenuous
- You are welcome to believe they suck, that we can/should do better, but the need to make them the worse ever when clearly by no metric is that true is tiring.

e.g. I think Conte is a failure at Spurs (by lots of measures), I don't need to make it Conte was the worse manager we have ever had in 20/50/100 years to make my point.

This, why bitch about prices IF you are willing to pay them.

Of course it is a choice but for a lot of people it is difficult to justify with other household outgoings. Also - and to my mind very critical - there are a lot of ST holders who also buy for their children. So buying two or three STs. Hike the prices and that becomes harder to afford yet they are exactly the fans that we want coming through. This year it has to be another freeze or a very minimal increase for adults at most. Anything else is not reading the room and taking the p1ss.

I've been quite vocal about Conte going, called for it since January.

That being said, this is a situation of his own making. I guarentee you if he had signed a contract back in January, hell even last week, people would have got behind him because they could see there is a future and direction under him.

The instability of not knowing is causing the issues, and that's down to Conte (and Levy). It was a risk having a 2 year contract anyway, or 18months or whatever, Levy clearly burned here and should learn his lesson, and as much as I want Conte gone now, if he turned around and signed a 2+ year extension today, i would still get behind him because there's clear direction.

I wouldn’t. I wanted him out since before the World Cup. I’ve been far from impressed by him. I wanted to take to liking him as a manager but there were just too many elements that didn’t sit well with me. Im desperately hoping that this marks the end of Levy wanting managers with rigid structures, who can only work with their choice of players, and who blame everyone else but themselves far too often.

Of course it is a choice but for a lot of people it is difficult to justify with other household outgoings. Also - and to my mind very critical - there are a lot of ST holders who also buy for their children. So buying two or three STs. Hike the prices and that becomes harder to afford yet they are exactly the fans that we want coming through. This year it has to be another freeze or a very minimal increase for adults at most. Anything else is not reading the room and taking the p1ss.

You make good points and i do not disagree really, however a lot of folks i know spend fortunes on eating out, eurodance records,the latest gadgets etc etc and they all do that by choice. Buying a S/T or anything really is a choice and no one has to pay the price. We all want things cheaper in life but that is not the case. Personally speaking i would rather pay for what i want and if that is a S/T so be it and i would be a fool if i complain about how much it costs me.

I know friends who think nothing of spending loads on dosh on eating out, going for overpriced watches etc,etc. as i say its all about yer p ays yer mo ney and takes your choice.

Last edited:
No, I'm not struggling, the point made was ->

- Levy was earning the most of ANY chairman, which regardless of if you think Glaziers is stooping, I have named at least 4 that arguably earn more
- We have the highest ticket prices, repeatedly the Scum have had that title, again huge gap possible in average/median/top, so I'd be willing to concede even if I know from looking at the stat data that it is wrong.

This is why conversations are difficult here, it's not good enough that people think Levy/ENIC are not doing a good job
- People (are you are often there too) have to "prove" that Levy/ENIC are doing the worse job of ANY club, while earning the MOST money and on and on.

It's just disingenuous
- You are welcome to believe they suck, that we can/should do better, but the need to make them the worse ever when clearly by no metric is that true is tiring.

e.g. I think Conte is a failure at Spurs (by lots of measures), I don't need to make it Conte was the worse manager we have ever had in 20/50/100 years to make my point.
Levy may also earn more (we have no idea whether he also takes a salary from ENIC for example, just as we don’t know what the owning organisations of Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool pay to their owners). I don’t think ENIC are doing the worst job of any club owners, far from it, I think they’ve made more money out of Spurs than any other club owners have other than the Glaziers and probably for the least investment as well.

Conte is probably our third or fourth BEST manager under ENIC after Poch, Redknapp and (perhaps) Jol. So far he’s got us to a league finish that is better than par last season and has a fighting chance of doing so again th is season.

Levy may also earn more (we have no idea whether he also takes a salary from ENIC for example, just as we don’t know what the owning organisations of Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool pay to their owners). I don’t think ENIC are doing the worst job of any club owners, far from it, I think they’ve made more money out of Spurs than any other club owners have other than the Glaziers and probably for the least investment as well.

Conte is probably our third or fourth BEST manager under ENIC after Poch, Redknapp and (perhaps) Jol. So far he’s got us to a league finish that is better than par last season and has a fighting chance of doing so again th is season.
Unless there is a payment to Enic from the club?? what, if anything Enic pay him has no bearing on the club surely? If Enic decide to pay him a separate salary that's up to them, doesn't bother me

Has Enic or anyone taken anything out of the club yet bar their wage, which is published? They will take a HUGE profit when the clubs sold but as of yet there is nothing that I have seen that suggests an early dividend?

I'm sure others know better

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I really don't want Conte to be sacked now, especially if only for a caretaker to the end of the season. I want to see if there is any reaction from the players, or if most of them are fudging snowflakes.
I'd also like Conte to be, as Højbjerg said, more specific, and be straight and upfront on whether he's committed to continue, and what's required to improve.

I really don't want Conte to be sacked now, especially if only for a caretaker to the end of the season. I want to see if there is any reaction from the players, or if most of them are fudging snowflakes.
I'd also like Conte to be, as Højbjerg said, more specific, and be straight and upfront on whether he's committed to continue, and what's required to improve.

I'd be interested to see who he drops as he obviously has had enough of certain players and we should see wholesale changes next game, shouldn't we?

Damn, he is still here, how disappointing.

It's alright, we've still got this

img_20230310_030235-jpg.15253

Unless there is a payment to Enic from the club?? what, if anything Enic pay him has no bearing on the club surely? If Enic decide to pay him a separate salary that's up to them, doesn't bother me

Has Enic or anyone taken anything out of the club yet bar their wage, which is published? They will take a HUGE profit when the clubs sold but as of yet there is nothing that I have seen that suggests an early dividend?

I'm sure others know better

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

That isn't Finney's argument it's what Raziel was claiming for owners and CEOs of our rival clubs.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Why would there be a reaction if he's gone in 2 months? Now if he got a new contract they might think fudge!

That isn't Finney's argument it's what Raziel was claiming for owners and CEOs of our rival clubs.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I was referring to the point made about him maybe getting a second salary from Enic which may boost his overall salary.

I'd be interested to see who he drops as he obviously has had enough of certain players and we should see wholesale changes next game, shouldn't we?

No. I think most people have missed the point. We dropped points. He is not happy. He wants a reaction. He wants the squad, the fans, the management to understand it is not acceptable - it is not acceptable. He wants to shake people up.

That is the point of kicking off. Do you sit back and accept mediocrity? Not if you are Conte. The detail and logic is not the point. If that is your focus, you're probably missing the point.

Yes Conte needs to combine this psychological shake-up with practical real initiatives - how the side can play better - but half of it is mentality. And he is seeking to address that first of all. After x months in charge it is hard to get people to perform at the top level. Things become mundane. You need a shake up and reset to gain attention and create an emergency to focus again sometimes. It needs complimenting with real coaching but it is a valid way to try to advance the side and alter the mentality.

If we're just going to put Mason in charge if we sack him, we might as well stick with him until summer. But it might become unbearable.

If we're just going to put Mason in charge if we sack him, we might as well stick with him until summer. But it might become unbearable.

The choice will be who has the most chance of getting top 4. Has conte lost the playersand the plot. The last 10 games he's been there for it's won 3, drawn 2, lost 5.

Back