• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Unbearable? For who? If people can't tolerate being told the truth, because that's what he did, then so be it. The players who can't tolerate it, are exactly the ones that should not be Spurs players. Conte only said what most of us fans have seen for years, and he's now the 3rd manager that has publicly stated it (Poch and Mourinho the other two, though in a slightly milder version). If the mentality and ambition of the club is going to change, this message must be repeated until we get it right.
But he keeps picking the same players week after week, i would understand if we had hit a bad patch and some home truths were in order but we have been brick all season and so have the same players.

I’d expect to see a very similar starting eleven in the next game, no point giving players a kick up the arse and demanding more if you don’t give them the chance to do it.

There was an article the other day saying it was Mason, not Stellini's idea to put Dier in CM against City. So he obviously understands the CM handicap thing.

If it's Mason against Everton, I'd maybe expect something like:

------------------------Lloris
Royal-------Romero---------Dier----------Davies
----------------Sarr---------Skipp
------Porro----------Kulusevski--------Son
----------------------Kane

That's assuming that Richarlison is still out.

I think he'll go more defensive FBs to smooth the transition back to a back 4. And Sarr over Hojbjerg for the quicker transitioning

But he keeps picking the same players week after week, i would understand if we had hit a bad patch and some home truths were in order but we have been brick all season and so have the same players.

there has been a lot of bad, but its not been all season, we have comfortably beaten both City and Chelsea recently

the wins against everton and palace were easy, and the reverse fixture against Southampton on opening day we murdered them

I'm not sure you even know what you're arguing for anymore.

That conte is not getting the most out of theteam and hasn't been for months.

If you have to rely on every shot you have on target going in. Against the worst team in the league. To get a draw. There is a problem.

Last edited:
There was an article the other day saying it was Mason, not Stellini's idea to put Dier in CM against City. So he obviously understands the CM handicap thing.

If it's Mason against Everton, I'd maybe expect something like:

------------------------Lloris
Royal-------Romero---------Dier----------Davies
----------------Sarr---------Skipp
------Porro----------Kulusevski--------Son
----------------------Kane

That's assuming that Richarlison is still out.

I think he'll go more defensive FBs to smooth the transition back to a back 4. And Sarr over Hojbjerg for the quicker transitioning

Dier wasn't a CM against City, he was an aggressive CB

nothing has happened tactically this season that Conte has not approved

there has been a lot of bad, but its not been all season, we have comfortably beaten both City and Chelsea recently

the wins against everton and palace were easy, and the reverse fixture against Southampton on opening day we murdered them

So we’ve played well in 5 matches? Great.

No. I think most people have missed the point. We dropped points. He is not happy. He wants a reaction. He wants the squad, the fans, the management to understand it is not acceptable - it is not acceptable. He wants to shake people up.

That is the point of kicking off. Do you sit back and accept mediocrity? Not if you are Conte. The detail and logic is not the point. If that is your focus, you're probably missing the point.

Yes Conte needs to combine this psychological shake-up with practical real initiatives - how the side can play better - but half of it is mentality. And he is seeking to address that first of all. After x months in charge it is hard to get people to perform at the top level. Things become mundane. You need a shake up and reset to gain attention and create an emergency to focus again sometimes. It needs complimenting with real coaching but it is a valid way to try to advance the side and alter the mentality.
On the face of it, this all makes sense.

If this was his intention then why has he gone to Italy and not turned up for training this week?

Ryan Mason has been taking training but you would think Conte would want to see a reaction from the players not on international duty at least

Unbearable? For who? If people can't tolerate being told the truth, because that's what he did, then so be it. The players who can't tolerate it, are exactly the ones that should not be Spurs players. Conte only said what most of us fans have seen for years, and he's now the 3rd manager that has publicly stated it (Poch and Mourinho the other two, though in a slightly milder version). If the mentality and ambition of the club is going to change, this message must be repeated until we get it right.

He's having a fit because the team that he's responsible for, and has been responsible for for well over a year, concedes two goals towards the end of the game. He has personally been in charge when we signed multiple of the players playing the game in question. To just shirk responsibility and blame it on the history of the club is juvenile at best. Sure, Enic doesn't have a fudging clue, but Conte is responsible for the team - instead of taking that responsibility he blames it on everyone and everything.

Sorting exit terms and replacement hopefully. We have a little bit of time because of the international break.

Imagine, for a moment that you're a manager in the game. That you're offered the chance to take a team, which is brimming with internationals, has arguably the best striker in the world in his position (arguably, not definitely), and all that is needed is to get the group playing in a way that will work to their strength, which is going forward.
You're a manager who has strict philosophies around behaviour and dedication to the job, high fitness expectations, but unlike the previous incumbent you are flexible to make a team function based in its strengths rather than imposing your approach in a team it wouldn't suit.

That would be sooooo exciting!

Imagine, for a moment that you're a manager in the game. That you're offered the chance to take a team, which is brimming with internationals, has arguably the best striker in the world in his position (arguably, not definitely), and all that is needed is to get the group playing in a way that will work to their strength, which is going forward.
You're a manager who has strict philosophies around behaviour and dedication to the job, high fitness expectations, but unlike the previous incumbent you are flexible to make a team function based in its strengths rather than imposing your approach in a team it wouldn't suit.

now imagine same team have a self implode button, don’t track back, lacks concentration/self belief to concede goals by mistake every single game. I would say welcome to Tottenham lol

Is he? Isnt he reportedly still in Italy, while Mason took training yesterday?

In general though i think this delay just means a permanent incoming, rather than a caretaker
Yep, that would make sense. There might be a fight over his compensation / potential bonus payments too.

I really hope we get someone permanent in ASAP.

Exactly right, that’s why I don’t buy any of the doom and gloom about “we’re in crisis no manager will want to take the job.”

We remain a very big club and just about any manager with even a bit of an ego (literally all of them) would jump at the chance.

Back