• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I'd rather have a guy like this than a guy like Conte. Someone whose work eclipses Conte, because he has won titles at a club that is financially much further behind Real and Barca than Spurs are behind City, Liverpool, United, and Chelsea. And knows how to compete on multiple fronts.

Head coach Simeone this week looked to take responsibility, saying: "All those bad aspects from Joao's performances mean I am doing even worse. All his frustrations are caused because I am not capable to give him everything he needs in order to explode that football talent he has."

In a separate interview this past December:
Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone has said he's responsible for the club's poor start to the season. "We had four players in the World Cup final [Antoine Griezmann, Rodrigo de Paul, Nahuel Molina and Angel Correa] and three of them played a lot," Simeone said in a news conference on Wednesday when questioned on his squad planning. "We have a good squad. Maybe who isn't doing what they should is the coach. They're the same as last season and similar to those who won the league ... It's the coach more than anything."

I mean, seriously, after reading such comments from an elite manager, fudge Conte.

So managers empower and uplift.
Some set out expectations and expect them to be executed.

We seem to be trying to go down the second route - but that only works with players that are already winners and solid.
We need a builder and an empowerer.

ENIC are blessed with a portfolio of companies. Surely a sideways 'promotion' of said individual to Lambert and Mitchell or wherever could be arranged if thats the deal breaker?

Levy has changed those roles before - Kelmsey after his Black Rock tainting and Barber to take on the chairman role in Canada (as an apprentice for Brighton)

How we miss Barber...

I've been quite vocal about Conte going, called for it since January.

That being said, this is a situation of his own making. I guarentee you if he had signed a contract back in January, hell even last week, people would have got behind him because they could see there is a future and direction under him.

The instability of not knowing is causing the issues, and that's down to Conte (and Levy). It was a risk having a 2 year contract anyway, or 18months or whatever, Levy clearly burned here and should learn his lesson, and as much as I want Conte gone now, if he turned around and signed a 2+ year extension today, i would still get behind him because there's clear direction.

Better ask the fanbase.

Yet we have the highest paid chairman and highest ticket prices in the league. You can't have it both ways.

If Daniel Levy gave himself the 6th/7th highest salary and charged the 6th/7th highest prices in the league, then you could accept that. It's funny how we pick which parts where paupers and which parts we're prince's at.

Yet we have the highest paid chairman and highest ticket prices in the league. You can't have it both ways.

If Daniel Levy gave himself the 6th/7th highest salary and charged the 6th/7th highest prices in the league, then you could accept that. It's funny how we pick which parts where paupers and which parts we're prince's at.

Levy isn't the highest paid Chairman in the league, on paper his cash salary might appear so, but that is completely ignoring the fact that most other chairman/boards get significant dividend payouts or are paid out of a separate "sports group"/"investment co". I'd argue he's probably easily behind United, City, Pool, Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, don't know if enough about the Scum, so actually 5th-7th is where it is.

We also don't have highest tickets, think that pleasure goes to the Scum and on that one, you can't constantly scream for buy this player at any price (e.g. Porro, how many "just pay the release clause" comments did we sit through), then ask for cheaper tickets ..

I've been quite vocal about Conte going, called for it since January.

That being said, this is a situation of his own making. I guarentee you if he had signed a contract back in January, hell even last week, people would have got behind him because they could see there is a future and direction under him.

The instability of not knowing is causing the issues, and that's down to Conte (and Levy). It was a risk having a 2 year contract anyway, or 18months or whatever, Levy clearly burned here and should learn his lesson, and as much as I want Conte gone now, if he turned around and signed a 2+ year extension today, i would still get behind him because there's clear direction.
The club have a year's option on the contract so could've extended by a year at any point. Conte has nothing to sign here and cannot sign any new contract without Spurs offering it to him.

Levy isn't the highest paid Chairman in the league, on paper his cash salary might appear so, but that is completely ignoring the fact that most other chairman/boards get significant dividend payouts or are paid out of a separate "sports group"/"investment co". I'd argue he's probably easily behind United, City, Pool, Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, don't know if enough about the Scum, so actually 5th-7th is where it is.

We also don't have highest tickets, think that pleasure goes to the Scum and on that one, you can't constantly scream for buy this player at any price (e.g. Porro, how many "just pay the release clause" comments did we sit through), then ask for cheaper tickets ..
Levy is the highest paid director in the league. Levy is paid for his work at THFC. Dividends paid to owners are a completely different thing, and don't actually happen at many clubs at all, I think mainly just Man Utd and if we have to stoop as low as the Glaziers to try to find somebody we'd prefer to have Levy as CEO instead of then that is no endorsement of Daniel Levy at all.

highest price STs: https://www.statista.com/statistics...ranked-by-most-expensive-season-ticket-price/ (and Arsenal get their first 7 Cup games across all competitions included in the price of their ST as well).

Levy is the highest paid director in the league. Levy is paid for his work at THFC. Dividends paid to owners are a completely different thing, and don't actually happen at many clubs at all, I think mainly just Man Utd and if we have to stoop as low as the Glaziers to try to find somebody we'd prefer to have Levy as CEO instead of then that is no endorsement of Daniel Levy at all.

highest price STs: https://www.statista.com/statistics...ranked-by-most-expensive-season-ticket-price/ (and Arsenal get their first 7 Cup games across all competitions included in the price of their ST as well).

Not from next season.

Not from next season.
Down to 3 Cup games next season for them (and doesn't include Carabao Cup that they sell very cheap tickets for, so they'll get 2 CL group games for free and perhaps even 3 depending on FA Cup draws). That's the equivalent of over £200 on top of the top ST price at Spurs.

My Season Tickets cost £60 each per game (give or take). I was paying £45 a game in the old East Stand behind a pillar in 2000-01

I know the facts point to being the most expensive (top end) season tickets but as far as I am concerned the value now 22 years later far surpass what I was paying. The tickets also trend under inflation from the last 20 odd years

you touch yourself you makes your choice

Last edited:

Mate, Glazers get more, you think Werner at Pool (who is worth $700M) gets less? you think Khaldoon Al Mubarak at City earns less?

And fyi .. the prices on statistica are wrong, can't tell if applies to all, but just be aware (can prove it)

Mate, Glazers get more, you think Werner at Pool (who is worth $700M) gets less? you think Khaldoon Al Mubarak at City earns less?

And fyi .. the prices on statistica are wrong, can't tell if applies to all, but just be aware (can prove it)

Not getting involved in the main arguments, just I thought I read somewhere that Karen Brady was now on 2.5m a year and given massive bonuses AND dividends, I mean she earns every penny that old lush bag

Arsenal used to pay 3 million each year to one of Kroenke's companies for "strategic and advisory services".

The club have a year's option on the contract so could've extended by a year at any point. Conte has nothing to sign here and cannot sign any new contract without Spurs offering it to him.
As far as a manager goes, no club is not going to unilaterally do something like that, even though it has the option to do so, without coming to some agreement with the manager.

What we don't know is when the club approached Conte about the extension whether he gave all indications that he really wasn't interested. That would definitely turn the club off. We also don't know what Conte promised the club when he was hired. He could have said "I need some established players, but I will also integrate some youth." The club seeing that he was doing no such thing and even went so far as to not play "club signings" may have thought twice about extending the contract of a manager that was not delivering on his promises. The club may have also gotten feedback that Conte's methods, coupled with the turgid football and the inconsistency, were demotivating for the players and figured it wasn't worth it to continue with him unless there was some uptick in performances and results.

The bottom line is that there are a ton of reasons that we are not aware of why the club didn't trigger the extension. And why it may have not triggered the extension, even if Conte said "I'm all in." (which it doesn't appear by his public comments that he ever did)

Back