• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Grim isn’t it
We want a right wing back and a winger but they can’t fix Hugo for example
Just this I have Hugo down as conceding avoidable goals as follows
  1. 2 vs city (near post and dumb dive out)
  2. 1 vs arsenal as he threw it in his net
  3. 1 vs. Villa
That’s 4 goals in 10 conceded post World Cup.

Di Marzio from sky sports Italia said the following
I can tell you with certainty is that Antonio Conte will leave Tottenham at the end of the season. There was no spark, his contract is expiring and the club has not asked him for a renewal.

The club does not like the frequent jibes. Conte wants players to win, while the club prefers to trade, the feeling with the club has not clicked. His family, among other things, has remained in Italy.”

Anyone no if he is itk or is it sky sports crap

Di Marzio from sky sports Italia said the following
I can tell you with certainty is that Antonio Conte will leave Tottenham at the end of the season. There was no spark, his contract is expiring and the club has not asked him for a renewal.

The club does not like the frequent jibes. Conte wants players to win, while the club prefers to trade, the feeling with the club has not clicked. His family, among other things, has remained in Italy.”

Anyone no if he is itk or is it sky sports crap

Since been toned down a bit, saying it's just their feeling that he will leave in the summer and the for now all that has happened is that Conte has asked for a pause in contract talks whilst he concentrates on the team.
Conte-Tottenham: the situation around the manager's future (gianlucadimarzio.com)

Doesn't mean the original assessment was wrong, but maybe not quite as definite as was put across.
Possibly Conte himself has asked for the correction.

It's true but I'm not sure that's the best way to handle the 'problem'. I can't think of a single manager who turned things around once everybody knew - or thought they knew - he was leaving. The most famous example might be Redknapp but even Bobby Robson couldn't finish what was to be his last season at Saudi Sportswashing Machine once he announced his retirement and he enjoyed something of a cult following back then.

That may be sad but that's human nature. Most people can't give that extra 1% when they know the guy in charge won't be there to punish them in a few months. Mergins are so thin these days in elite football that this 1% makes all the difference. Full credit to him if he proves me wrong. I really hope he does but I strongly feel signing a three-year deal would to a lot more for his players than any time he's going to spend on the training pitch with them.

It's true but I'm not sure that's the best way to handle the 'problem'. I can't think of a single manager who turned things around once everybody knew - or thought they knew - he was leaving. The most famous example might be Redknapp but even Bobby Robson couldn't finish what was to be his last season at Saudi Sportswashing Machine once he announced his retirement and he enjoyed something of a cult following back then.

That may be sad but that's human nature. Most people can't give that extra 1% when they know the guy in charge won't be there to punish them in a few months. Mergins are so thin these days in elite football that this 1% makes all the difference. Full credit to him if he proves me wrong. I really hope he does but I strongly feel signing a three-year deal would to a lot more for his players than any time he's going to spend on the training pitch with them.
Indeed. It is really dangerous having a man in charge who everybody knows is going. The club is in the worst possible situation at the moment. How does the DoF make signings when he doesn't know who will be managing the team next? We've already wasted a lot of valuable money signing players like Gill and Royal who better suit systems that the current manager doesn't play. Additionally any players that we go after may well think twice about joining when they know there will be a new manager in charge next season who might not want them/have a style of play that suits them.

A further problem now is that we're close to the end of the window. Even if the club acts to remove Conte now, it doesn't really give a new manager any reasonable amount of time to assess the squad and work out what positions he needs to fill. I think we'll probably now be forced to limp along to the end of the season without any new signings and hope for the last Europa spot or to avoid the Europa Conference League so that we can have next season without European football. If Conte sulks at getting no new players (as I suspect he will) then perhaps somebody like Tuchel would be prepared to come in and do a 6 month caretaker type thing as a kind of on the job interview and then (depending on transfer budget etc next summer) both THFC and Tuchel can decide on whether they are right for each other to continue.

As much of a brickshow as it is, you're never as far away in football as you think in the bad times and never as untouchable as you think in the good times. Look at Liverpool and United this season compared to last.

It's not inconceivable that Poch comes back or someone similar comes in, signs a goalkeeper, centre back and maybe an attacker and we end up with something like:

----------------------------------GK--------------------------

Spence----------Romero---------------CB----------------------Udogie/Sess

---------------------Bissouma/PEH------------Bentancur

Kulu-------------------------Kane-----------------------------Son/New Player

-----------------------------Richarlison--------------------------

And suddenly we're playing on the front foot and taking it to teams with Poch getting a tune out of the likes of Spence, Sessegnon and Bissouma who are all talented lads.

It's the hope that makes me get up in the morning and kills me ever so slowly...

As much of a brickshow as it is, you're never as far away in football as you think in the bad times and never as untouchable as you think in the good times. Look at Liverpool and United this season compared to last.

It's not inconceivable that Poch comes back or someone similar comes in, signs a goalkeeper, centre back and maybe an attacker and we end up with something like:

And suddenly we're playing on the front foot and taking it to teams with Poch getting a tune out of the likes of Spence, Sessegnon and Bissouma who are all talented lads.

It's the hope that makes me get up in the morning and kills me ever so slowly...

Yep, amidst the doom and gloom we need to remember that we’ve got some excellent players and still have a lot to play for this season, 6 pts off 3rd/4th and still in 2 Cups, one being the biggest prize of all.

Let's hope so; i guess how we play tonight (regardless of the result) will tell us a lot...

What happens in the transfer market will tell us more, along with what Conte does and says come February.

Unless the players down tools I don't think the performance tonight will tell us much other than what we already know.

Yes, I agree with that. Similar to my post above about our main problem being a manager who insists on playing a back 3 despite not having decent wingbacks, rather than picking a formation which suits the players available

Back