• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Who is saying this? Not an official club statement.

It's a clarifying statement from DiMarzio. Basically what they said about Conte definitely leaving in the summer is in fact no more than their interpretation of the situation from his comments about assessing his future, being away from his family etc.
(Although it is a fair interpretation to make, but they put it forward as if they knew it to be already decided).

I wholeheartedly echo this. Bring him back!

I actually thought his reaction was part of the reason we folded in that final. He was blubbering. What we needed at that point was a celebration by all means but a coach who said “great tonight. Love it but it’s a semi final and we have a final to win. That’s the only priority now.”

His reign had sort of gone to brick at that stage too, performances in the league were woeful.

I’m absolutely behind Conte but if the story is true, I’d bin him now. Get Poch back in on a decent contract. But remember, a project manager won’t do anything Conte and Jose haven’t done. He’d need backing to clear out the old guard (Hugo, Sonny, Dier and Harry will also likely go) in the summer.

Id absolutely love to welcome Poch back. The feel good vibe around the stadium would be incredible.

He’s magic you know…

I actually thought his reaction was part of the reason we folded in that final. He was blubbering. What we needed at that point was a celebration by all means but a coach who said “great tonight. Love it but it’s a semi final and we have a final to win. That’s the only priority now.”

His reign had sort of gone to brick at that stage too, performances in the league were woeful.

I’m absolutely behind Conte but if the story is true, I’d bin him now. Get Poch back in on a decent contract. But remember, a project manager won’t do anything Conte and Jose haven’t done. He’d need backing to clear out the old guard (Hugo, Sonny, Dier and Harry will also likely go) in the summer.

Id absolutely love to welcome Poch back. The feel good vibe around the stadium would be incredible.

He’s magic you know…
Hes not magic
But he ain’t conte
I’d love him back

Hes not magic
But he ain’t conte
I’d love him back

He got Tottenham Hotspur to a champions league final. That’s Paul Daniels level magic right there :)

On a serious note, the “don’t go back” line gets trotted out a lot without challenge. Is it an absolute rule. Capello went back to Madrid and won La Liga. Mourinho went back to Chelsea and won the league. Granted neither reign was truly glorious but it can work.

Last time, a lot of us were bricking ourselves when the Madrid and United jobs came up in case he left. Well they’ve come up a few times since and he hasn’t gone there and they haven’t chased him. He’s one of the only managers we’ve had in my lifetime, along with Jol and maybe Venables, who I think has genuine affection for this club and has repeatedly voiced it.

Like I say, I’m behind Conte as long as he wants to be here. If that changes or has changed, bring Poch back.

He got Tottenham Hotspur to a champions league final. That’s Paul Daniels level magic right there :)

On a serious note, the “don’t go back” line gets trotted out a lot without challenge. Is it an absolute rule. Capello went back to Madrid and won La Liga. Mourinho went back to Chelsea and won the league. Granted neither reign was truly glorious but it can work.

Last time, a lot of us were bricking ourselves when the Madrid and United jobs came up in case he left. Well they’ve come up a few times since and he hasn’t gone there and they haven’t chased him. He’s one of the only managers we’ve had in my lifetime, along with Jol and maybe Venables, who I think has genuine affection for this club and has repeatedly voiced it.

Like I say, I’m behind Conte as long as he wants to be here. If that changes or has changed, bring Poch back.
I’d bin conte in a heartbeat now
He is doing what I said he would do even before we brought him in
Sulking and not making the necessary changes
His personal circumstances now also create a level of distractions
Poch is spurs. That’s probably why he won’t win things with us. But he United the team and the fans which is key to anything progressive

At some point are we not gonna need to buy 1 or 2 homegrown players!? I mean if Kane does leave, people think Dier, Davies, Doherty need upgrading etc then we haven't really got many left have we? If we bring in Zaniolo, Porro, Udogie, A new CB like Ndicka then can we survive with Skipp, Devine, Scarlett on the bench?

Bringing back Poch and providing him with the backing he didn't have in his first stint with us would be a very interesting proposition indeed. I want a manager that develops players and that he does. With our increased financial muscle he will also be able to plug the holes where there isn't a player to develop. Arguably, this could see us succeeding sooner than with a manager like Conte, who primarily wants the finished article. It'll be much more difficult to get 11 finished articles than get 6 and develop within a year or two the other 5.

If there is another manager out there in his mould, then I'd be all for that too. But whomever it is, he should be one that gets the best out of what he has while he is developing/buying better players. No whining that he system won't work if there aren't 11 world class players.

At some point are we not gonna need to buy 1 or 2 homegrown players!? I mean if Kane does leave, people think Dier, Davies, Doherty need upgrading etc then we haven't really got many left have we? If we bring in Zaniolo, Porro, Udogie, A new CB like Ndicka then can we survive with Skipp, Devine, Scarlett on the bench?
Dier isn’t HG and Doherty isnt either I believe
But I think it is an issue
I wonder if we will move for maguire … yeah I know not everyone’s cup of tea

Bringing back Poch and providing him with the backing he didn't have in his first stint with us would be a very interesting proposition indeed. I want a manager that develops players and that he does. With our increased financial muscle he will also be able to plug the holes where there isn't a player to develop. Arguably, this could see us succeeding sooner than with a manager like Conte, who primarily wants the finished article. It'll be much more difficult to get 11 finished articles than get 6 and develop within a year or two the other 5.

If there is another manager out there in his mould, then I'd be all for that too. But whomever it is, he should be one that gets the best out of what he has while he is developing/buying better players. No whining that he system won't work if there aren't 11 world class players.
Hey the signings we brought for him before are all still here
He can develop them too ;);)

I'm a huge advocate of the never go back rule, but every rule is made to be broken and if ever there was a case for breaking it poch is it.
But i still feel it's too early. If hugo, dier, son and kane leave in the summer then yes, but not before. There is to many remnants of the squad left.

Dier isn’t HG and Doherty isnt either I believe
But I think it is an issue
I wonder if we will move for maguire … yeah I know not everyone’s cup of tea

Yeah I couldn't remember about those two, I suppose Raya or Pickford could be 1 homegrown spot. Although I have seen links to an AZ Alkmaar keeper and also Jan Oblak recently so doesn't seemed to be a front runner yet. Maddison could be a good Poch signing. GHod knows what is gonna happen, I'll feel much better if we can beat Fulham and close that gap tomorrow though

Yeah I couldn't remember about those two, I suppose Raya or Pickford could be 1 homegrown spot. Although I have seen links to an AZ Alkmaar keeper and also Jan Oblak recently so doesn't seemed to be a front runner yet. Maddison could be a good Poch signing. GHod knows what is gonna happen, I'll feel much better if we can beat Fulham and close that gap tomorrow though
We have a great record vs Fulham and played our best of the season against them IMO
Arguably they are the best team we have beaten too …

we (imo) aren’t far away from being a top top side again (I’m having a good day)
It’s a new LCB and keeper that’s key
Everything else is nice to have

Stop conceding cheap goals and the team is 2 league places better off

Dier is (a waste of) an overseas player.

Maybe Ronnie Edwards as our second CB signing? Dean Henderson as GK?

I'm a huge advocate of the never go back rule, but every rule is made to be broken and if ever there was a case for breaking it poch is it.
But i still feel it's too early. If hugo, dier, son and kane leave in the summer then yes, but not before. There is too many remnants of the squad left.

That’s true. They have to be gone or we are asking him to be absolutely ruthless when he comes back. Those boys will not work with Poch this time around.

We have a great record vs Fulham and played our best of the season against them IMO
Arguably they are the best team we have beaten too …

we (imo) aren’t far away from being a top top side again (I’m having a good day)
It’s a new LCB and keeper that’s key
Everything else is nice to have

Stop conceding cheap goals and the team is 2 league places better off

Yep, Bentancur and Kulusevski back along with maybe Richarlison replacing Son (If we are lucky) and we will always create enough chances to put one or two away. You would assume we can't keep giving away poor goals every game... ;)

But i still feel it's too early. If hugo, dier, son and kane leave in the summer then yes, but not before. There is to many remnants of the squad left.

There's literally 6 members of his squad left - the 4 you name, plus Davies and Sanchez (Moura is going, Sessegnon had just arrived, Tanganga and Skipp were coming through the academy). That's about 20% then that have played under him before.

That’s true. They have to be gone or we are asking him to be absolutely ruthless when he comes back. Those boys will not work with Poch this time around.

Is it not good to have a few allies in the camp? Lieutenants to act as a bridge? He reportedly still regularly dines with both Lloris and Kane. That's got to be a positive, surely.

Back