• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

A legacy of exciting football, uniting a fickle fanbase and taking us to places we didn’t dream possible.

I guess some people only define ‘legacy’ as winning cups and trophies…
Thats kind of what it means. You can’t have a legacy in football for being the nice guy who got us playing good football.

Hugo is a problem right now, his kicking has always been a problem but somehow it feels worse right now whenever they press, can’t make life as a defender easy but when you add that to the fact he is making more unforced errors then ever before I don’t think even playing 8 defenders would stop us conceding right now.

Maybe he will play himself back into some sort of form, not like Forster is going to be an improvement.

The injuries, as mentioned above, is also an issue. Not with the quantity but more the who..other then Kane, the players you don’t want to lose is Kulu, Romero, Bentacur and Sonny (normally) yet all these players have suffered this season not allowing us to play any form of consistent team with our best players.

Then we have form, Sonny has been great, albeit streaky, for a very long time and all players have a poor season from time to time but couple that with the injuries + Hugo and the picture starts to look different.

Ultimately Conte is right that this team needs a few seasons to be ready to compete, so as long as he is willing we should give him the time to do that - changing manager is not the automatic go to every time and only have to look at Arteta to understand why. In fact, most fans of that lot wanted him gone for the last 2 seasons as his tactics were inflexible, he wasn’t getting the best out of his players, couldn’t manage the characters (sound familiar anyone?)

I recall at the start of the season people saying we weren’t playing well and disagreed with them, but as the season has progressed IMO we have more points than we deserve.
What points do you think we’ve won that we didn’t deserve?

feels to me like when we’ve played really brick we’ve lost? We’ve also played poorly, way below our standards, but still been the better side in some games that we’ve won. Can’t think of too many points we’ve won we didn’t deserve? Point at Chelsea, point at west ham?

Thats kind of what it means. You can’t have a legacy in football for being the nice guy who got us playing good football.

So legacy is only based on winning things? So we can celebrate the times of Waddle and Klinsmann or look back at the qualities of Modric and Bale because the new found self entitlement of Spurs fans has spoken....you sound more and more like a Chelsea fan with every post

So legacy is only based on winning things? So we can celebrate the times of Waddle and Klinsmann or look back at the qualities of Modric and Bale because the new found self entitlement of Spurs fans has spoken....you sound more and more like a Chelsea fan with every post

I swear the online Spurs/no trophy banter/meme of the last ten years or so has conditioned our fanbase to not appreciate the good years we have had over that time

I'm so so so so sorry, mate. But we can have differing opinions on what legacy means. Obviously yours is right and everyone else's is wrong, but have another sip from your bitter cup and suck it up.

I swear the online Spurs/no trophy banter/meme of the last ten years or so has conditioned our fanbase to not appreciate the good years we have had over that time

People are so upset about not winning things they go to the extremes, throw their toys out and utter talk jive about people and players who have been nothing but great for our club. It's so Chels it's untrue

I don’t get how Saudi Sportswashing Machine get away with it given they’ve not won anything in the past 50 years, yet the label is always given to us

Back