• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

We have a great record vs Fulham and played our best of the season against them IMO
Arguably they are the best team we have beaten too …

we (imo) aren’t far away from being a top top side again (I’m having a good day)
It’s a new LCB and keeper that’s key
Everything else is nice to have

Stop conceding cheap goals and the team is 2 league places better off
I think the CCB is a much bigger problem than the LCB but agree otherwise.

He got Tottenham Hotspur to a champions league final. That’s Paul Daniels level magic right there :)

On a serious note, the “don’t go back” line gets trotted out a lot without challenge. Is it an absolute rule. Capello went back to Madrid and won La Liga. Mourinho went back to Chelsea and won the league. Granted neither reign was truly glorious but it can work.

Last time, a lot of us were bricking ourselves when the Madrid and United jobs came up in case he left. Well they’ve come up a few times since and he hasn’t gone there and they haven’t chased him. He’s one of the only managers we’ve had in my lifetime, along with Jol and maybe Venables, who I think has genuine affection for this club and has repeatedly voiced it.

Like I say, I’m behind Conte as long as he wants to be here. If that changes or has changed, bring Poch back.
David Moyes did far better at West Ham in his second spell. Just all depends on the circumstances. I guess it’s inevitable Poch returns at some point, people saying it’s too soon - is there ever going to be that perfect moment? It’s not like there are a load of obvious choices out there, unless Chelsea sack Potter between now and the end of the season. If not Poch I’d like us to be a bit more braver and look at someone who is proving themselves in the PL at a smaller club but playing good football. The current Brighton boss or Thomas Frank perhaps. I don’t know, but I think we’ve had enough of the ‘proven winners’ route and it’s shown that once you come to Spurs you don’t win no matter who you are. So might aswell make things fun and exciting again and see where that leads…..

Is it not good to have a few allies in the camp? Lieutenants to act as a bridge? He reportedly still regularly dines with both Lloris and Kane. That's got to be a positive, surely.

Maybe. I’d be more of the view that those boys are past doing what Poch needs. Would keep Harry if I could but not sure that will be an option for us.

Assuming that Conte is on his way out, would his second in line (Stellini?) be any good?
He does the occasional Presser, and might fancy becoming a number one. Worked for Jol.............

There's literally 6 members of his squad left - the 4 you name, plus Davies and Sanchez (Moura is going, Sessegnon had just arrived, Tanganga and Skipp were coming through the academy). That's about 20% then that have played under him before.

I'm thinking from more of the point of the bad press/fan reaction to him 'ditching' those that "failed" him first time around.
If he comes back he needs a clean sheet, no baggage. It will be difficult enough and the press will be all over him waiting for an opportunity to stick it to him, no point giving them a free hit.

Assuming that Conte is on his way out, would his second in line (Stellini?) be any good?
He does the occasional Presser, and might fancy becoming a number one. Worked for Jol.............
Think Jol was the first choice but fans wanted a 'name' so went for Santini.

Taking it all with a big grain of salt, but if he can't commit to us (and fair enough if the personal issues are the reason) then we can't commit to him and buying his players. In that case, immediate mutual termination is the best thing for Spurs.
No that’s called wishful thinking

It is normal Conte behaviour. If we are not winning, Conte is not happy. Same as last season. 4 wins in 10 is it? To Conte that is not a look he can live with. That is the true issue here. Start winning again, and suddenly the world is a better place. As with fans too.

As @Bedfordspurs says it is critical we bolster the 3rd worse defense in the league (is that correct?). I think we can get away with Lloris until the end of the season - I think he'll stabilse. But we need a new LCB - a lynchpin player who commands, and the team will build off. Not easy to bring in that player in Jan. There are only a handful of CBs that dominate defenses. But if we can sign a Gvardiol type, we could look a lot more secure at the back. The impact of such a signing could be huge. Leaking goals undermines everyone at a football club. It makes everything untenable. The rest of the squad is decent. The manager is decent (if moody), the club management structure is decent, and the facilities are good. Hopefully we're making good money. So we really need a standout signing at LCB to galvanise the club and create a bit more confidence on and off the field.

Last edited:
Back