• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Will be fascinating to see whether Conte realises that he has a couple other players in his squad, like Sarr and Skipp, which he wasnt aware of before

performances had dropped, and we'd spaffed that massive lead to arsenal, which then cost us CL when Chelsea beat Bayern

(I may be compressing two seasons here)
No, you’ve got it right…. It was the season when Harry told Levy in January that we had a chance of winning the league and wanted two good additional players to give us a chance of doing so… Levy delivered Nelson and Saha. That was the time I realised that we’d never, ever have a chance of winning the league under Levy’s stewardship.

Will be fascinating to see whether Conte realises that he has a couple other players in his squad, like Sarr and Skipp, which he wasnt aware of before

He was forced in to playing Eriksen because of injuries at Inter and never looked back so there's a chance

No, you’ve got it right…. It was the season when Harry told Levy in January that we had a chance of winning the league and wanted two good additional players to give us a chance of doing so… Levy delivered Nelson and Saha.
Bloody hell I forgot about that. fudging shambles that was.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

There is too much at stake now with league and CL money, clubs can't be out of the mix for long or they are toast. Its the name of the game now, if you do 5 years in a job now it feels like a Fergi stint. Chairman like Levy and Roman in the past also rely on fact you are almost guarantee a bounce which has been the case for most if not all our new gaffers....new voice and short term bounce, its the name of the game

Probably goes a long way to explain the likes of Kane staying, new manager, new optimism, bit of a slight of hand really, but it seems to work as Kane in particular seems to lap up a new voice telling him he is great

Yet right now we need stability. We need to accept that to go forwards, there will be times when we have to reset. No one seems to have noticed, but we are not as defensive as we used to be under Conte. The change in setup has seen us ship goals, until today. But it's a path we have to follow. We needed to become more balanced. We're still not good enough in possession, but Conte is working on it.

Yeah had forgot about the court case that was a factor too no doubt.
Those were fun days on here :D

I got called a troll and lynched when I announced on here Redknapp was getting sacked on the 21st May (Just went through my DMS haha), sacked on the 13th June....

Happier days haha

No, you’ve got it right…. It was the season when Harry told Levy in January that we had a chance of winning the league and wanted two good additional players to give us a chance of doing so… Levy delivered Nelson and Saha.
Yea Redknapp suggested buying peak Aguero from Emirates Marketing Project didn’t he?! Lol

edit Tevez sorry, just seen others correctly mentioning it. Still equally laughable!

Yet right now we need stability. We need to accept that to go forwards, there will be times when we have to reset. No one seems to have noticed, but we are not as defensive as we used to be under Conte. The change in setup has seen us ship goals, until today. But it's a path we have to follow. We needed to become more balanced. We're still not good enough in possession, but Conte is working on it.

No I agree if Conte agrees, as proven tonight, that there is validity in youth and a squad....he is on a hiding here at Spurs if he doesn't

Redknapp literally finished 4th and was sacked. [emoji23]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
He was sacked because of his behavior, nothing to do with where we finished. Levy supported him during his trial and at other times, but Redknapp didn't show one bit of loyalty and was more interested in the England job than doing the job he had. As soon as he didn't get the job he showed zero class with trying to force Levy to give him a new contract and this was when Levy's mother had just passed away. If he had've shown any respect towards the club and Levy he wouldn't have been sacked.

Yea Redknapp suggested buying peak Aguero from Emirates Marketing Project didn’t he?! Lol

Tevez iirc on loan but we already had 1 prem loan so it wasn't an option anyway.

Cahill had agreed to join Chelsea in the summer so similarly not an option

Cor all the old arguments come flooding back - wheres KD and Africanspurs?

I am actually, just not a very high level one

its 2023, anything can be simulated, that's how we train soldiers, doctors, pilots, football is the richest business on earth with much lower stakes
Can’t simulate pressure
And you can’t simulate fans

He was sacked because of his behavior, nothing to do with where we finished. Levy supported him during his trial and at other times, but Redknapp didn't show one bit of loyalty and was more interested in the England job than doing the job he had. As soon as he didn't get the job he showed zero class with trying to force Levy to give him a new contract and this was when Levy's mother had just passed away. If he had've shown any respect towards the club and Levy he wouldn't have been sacked.

And there was also a belief that they stood by him when there was probably some truth in the case against him as the murmurs were, they don't come after you with that force unless there is a case to answer....was felt it was a risk backing him

Chased the England job which led to him taking his eye off the ball and the result was our falling off the pace during the run in. Then tried to play hard ball with Levy over a new conttact once the England job went elsewhere.

Add to this fine summary the fact we had it back in our hands with two games to go. Win both and finish 3rd. We went to Villa, drew, and left Defoe on the bench. Scandalous! Final straw was Harry contract-begging as the Levy family sat shiva.

He should’ve been given a new contract. He had broken the glass ceiling of getting us to the CL and consistently overachieved compared to the level of spend on transfers and wages. Levy instead cut off his nose to spite his face giving us the awful AVB and his mind numbling football.

Back