• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Us not selling either Emerson or Doherty in order to get better I agree, but I don't honestly think we can conflate Spence with that, nor other youngsters. Sarr, Gill and Spence are not the reason we are not investing in areas, there are two other areas are play.......availability and the sheer wastage we have within the squad that needs shifting.

All on loan

Winks
Reggie
Ndombele
Rodon
Lo Celso

Thats 200m of players to clear

Additional

Sanchez?
Emerson?
Moura?
Japhet?

That lack of moving on the pap is still an issue on Enic, don't get me wrong, and its the main focus of any criticism I have.
It’s the biggest noose around our necks

I don’t think he did actually, he said he was sacked because fifth place was not good enough, not we were in fifth place. This on my opinion is correct, ENIC’s minimum target is fourth and the last three managers have been sacked for not being thought to be capable of achieving this. Poch and Nuno were sacked at a time when they thought fourth was achievable after a bad start. Mourinho obviously went south far further into the season
Exactly, I didn't even say we were 5th but @SpurMeUp just wants to focus on that but because he doesn't want to accept his hypocritical stance. It's cool, I see what he's doing. [emoji1787]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Well, AVB was sacked the season after setting our highest ever points total, despite having more points from the games played than in that record point scoring year.

Levy does go early at times, it can be argued that Jose's record didn't warrant the sack yet either.

No doubt. Levy is knee-jerk. But AVB wasn't doing well at the time. Mourinho was toast too. At at the time of their sacking, we were lower in the league. Levy acts quickly, and who can blame him, the stakes are high. Right now however, the most important thing is some stability. Keep Conte, keep Kane, and fill in the missing pieces. The most damaging thing are fans who want instant success. Palace 4 down, but their fans are still singing. No one whinging or booing.

No doubt. Levy is knee-jerk. But AVB wasn't doing well at the time. Mourinho was toast too. At at the time of their sacking, we were lower in the league. Levy acts quickly, and who can blame him, the stakes are high. Right now however, the most important thing is some stability. Keep Conte, keep Kane, and fill in the missing pieces. The most damaging thing are fans who want instant success. Palace 4 down, but their fans are still singing. No one whinging or booing.

weren't they singing for their chairman out or something most of the game?

What tonight shows is he could have and should have put more faith in the likes of Gil and Sarr
Sarr looks absolutely ready for this team and this league unlike Bissouma weirdly
It's annoying because we've known they have talent. Sarr in particular, I watched a lot of his loan last year he's good, potentially very bloody good. Yet Conte just hasn't been willing to blood him in. Gil likewise, I've liked him from the first minutes I've seen. I do think a different manager would have used him better.

It's annoying because we've known they have talent. Sarr in particular, I watched a lot of his loan last year he's good, potentially very bloody good. Yet Conte just hasn't been willing to blood him in. Gil likewise, I've liked him from the first minutes I've seen. I do think a different manager would have used him better.

100%
They can only learn by playing
Bissouma needs to work on his game here because we know how good he can be
But sarr today was like a rolls Royce against a side we don’t normally thrive against

True! I guess he was sacked as he was trying to land the England job - not because we were playing poorly.

performances had dropped, and we'd spaffed that massive lead to arsenal, which then cost us CL when Chelsea beat Bayern

(I may be compressing two seasons here)

100%
They can only learn by playing
Bissouma needs to work on his game here because we know how good he can be
But sarr today was like a rolls Royce against a side we don’t normally thrive against

they play football all day every day

if matches are still that key to development our training methods are not good enough

There is too much at stake now with league and CL money, clubs can't be out of the mix for long or they are toast. Its the name of the game now, if you do 5 years in a job now it feels like a Fergi stint. Chairman like Levy and Roman in the past also rely on fact you are almost guarantee a bounce which has been the case for most if not all our new gaffers....new voice and short term bounce, its the name of the game

Probably goes a long way to explain the likes of Kane staying, new manager, new optimism, bit of a slight of hand really, but it seems to work as Kane in particular seems to lap up a new voice telling him he is great

I think that is correct. But it also coincided with Arry's dalliance with the England manager job.

Chased the England job which led to him taking his eye off the ball and the result was our falling off the pace during the run in. Then tried to play hard ball with Levy over a new conttact once the England job went elsewhere.

performances had dropped, and we'd spaffed that massive lead to arsenal, which then cost us CL when Chelsea beat Bayern

You're not. We should have finished 3rd and ended up 4th. @SpurMeUp

He was sacked in paetr for the England situation but more so because like Baleforce mentions we should have finished 3rd and comfortably had a CL place. But Levy had higher standards for the results and the behaviour.

Like you said in your other post, Levy can be kneejerk yet you don't afford some of the fans the same right. Levy has created this environment. It's his bed and he happily lies in it.

They had, he’d also started talking total nonsense in his interviews, however all this happened AFTER he was hitching his skirt up for the England job. He totally took his eye off the Spurs job.

Chased the England job which led to him taking his eye off the ball and the result was our falling off the pace during the run in. Then tried to play hard ball with Levy over a new conttact once the England job went elsewhere.

Flirted with the England job right after we stood by him with his court case, tinkled Levy off no end. I remember when it happened and Arrys manager got the call infront of my mate who worked at Setanta.....Offered him a large sum of money to p1ss off

Flirted with the England job right after we stood by him with his court case, tinkled Levy off no end. I remember when it happened and Arrys manager got the call infront of my mate who worked at Setanta.....Offered him a large sum of money to p1ss off

Yeah had forgot about the court case that was a factor too no doubt.
Those were fun days on here :D

Back