• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

A quarter of the way in to the sesson yet 3 points off 5th having played City, Arsenal & Liverpool away (iirc) and having our first signings in 2 years injured/unavailable bar a Ndombele for 3 or 4 games.

Fully justified

See that's how i remember the fixtures as well but its never mentioned and i have begun to wonder.
All that is ever mentioned is the Brighton game, which was horrific, but I think at least some of that game was down to the horrific injury to Lloris.

See that's how i remember the fixtures as well but its never mentioned and i have begun to wonder.
All that is ever mentioned is the Brighton game, which was horrific, but I think at least some of that game was down to the horrific injury to Lloris.

Don't get me wrong we were playing poorly - but no worse than what we've seen for large spells since, but there are plenty of mitigating circumstances there and evennif there wasn't he had earned enough credit to see the season out at the very least.

When has 3 points off 5th been a thing? We were 14th in the real league table. I wasn't a fan of Poch being sacked. But he was tired emotionally. At the time I thought a season break was the best thing. He just seemed to lack some motivation after the CL loss.

But in hindsight, LeCelco and Ndombele are probably the real reason for Poch's demise. 100m odd, Poch's signings, but gave Poch zilch. Would love to see Poch back at Spurs one day.

so would I, but that's a whole different thing

points totals are a useful metric when comparing two teams made up of mostly the same players
If you finish in 4th place then you are the 4th best team over 38 games, if you finish in 5th place then you are the 5th best team, and so on…. Doesn’t matter how many points you do/don’t have.

When has 3 points off 5th been a thing? We were 14th in the real league table. I wasn't a fan of Poch being sacked. But he was tired emotionally. At the time I thought a season break was the best thing. He just seemed to lack some motivation after the CL loss.

But in hindsight, LeCelco and Ndombele are probably the real reason for Poch's demise. 100m odd, Poch's signings, but gave Poch zilch. Would love to see Poch back at Spurs one day.
Weren’t they mostly injured/unfit for him?

Weren’t they mostly injured/unfit for him?

Nodombele wasn't 'ready'. Le Celco got injured yes. Who knows Poch would have got a tune out of them eventually. He made worse players look decent. But when Levy had backed him with a £60m signing on 200k a week, only Poch could carry the can for that, no?

Don't get me wrong we were playing poorly - but no worse than what we've seen for large spells since, but there are plenty of mitigating circumstances there and evennif there wasn't he had earned enough credit to see the season out at the very least.

We did have spells of good play though most of it looked really disjointed, some players seemed to be worried about the place in the rebuild. The Eriksen situation was also a big factor to my mind, he was a shadow of his former self, that must of affected some them.

We did have spells of good play though most of it looked really disjointed, some players seemed to be worried about the place in the rebuild. The Eriksen situation was also a big factor to my mind, he was a shadow of his former self, that must of affected some them.

Yes players the manager wanted moved on were still there (making difficult decisions quote i believe is widely accepted to mean Toby & Eriksen?)

Yes players the manager wanted moved on were still there (making difficult decisions quote i believe is widely accepted to mean Toby & Eriksen?)
The manager wanted moved on…. Really
Eriksen wanted to leave us
Toby was happy either way
I don’t ever remember a spurs manager wanting them shifted

Yeah, but once the players had their heads elsewhere then the manager wanted them moved on asap - as with Walker

he might have wanted to, but nobody showed any interest in buying them* and we couldn't afford to just release them

*to make a reasonable bid at least

The Eriksen one is totally down to levy imho, he wanted out, we had always known he would move on, he'd been a fantastic servant for us, we should have respected that and did all we could to facilitate it.
But levy didn't want to lose him and put him in a very uncomfortable position, i think it affected Eriksen big time.

Yeah, but once the players had their heads elsewhere then the manager wanted them moved on asap - the club had different ideas
Can’t say I ever heard that
I do know the club wanted rid of rose and Poch had him drinking tea with him after training in his office

The Eriksen one is totally down to levy imho, he wanted out, we had always known he would move on, he'd been a fantastic servant for us, we should have respected that and did all we could to facilitate it.
But levy didn't want to lose him and put him in a very uncomfortable position, i think it affected Eriksen big time.

until Inter there weren't any bids though right, United made noises but didn't make an offer

Toby's release clause was famously a double decker and a yorkie but nobody moved on that either

It's annoying because we've known they have talent. Sarr in particular, I watched a lot of his loan last year he's good, potentially very bloody good. Yet Conte just hasn't been willing to blood him in. Gil likewise, I've liked him from the first minutes I've seen. I do think a different manager would have used him better.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Well let's just hope this gives our injury woes a silver lining

Last edited:
Yeah, but once the players had their heads elsewhere then the manager wanted them moved on asap - as with Walker

Eriksen always said he wanted to try different cultures and that he wouldn't stick around forever.
Love him for that alone, he wasn't a badge kisser who made empty gestures, he made us love him with his play.

they play football all day every day

if matches are still that key to development our training methods are not good enough
....and this may end up being the benefit of the WC break....Conte has had plenty of time with many of the fringe players.

Although I'm still not sure how included they'd be without injuries :)

until Inter there weren't any bids though right, United made noises but didn't make an offer

Toby's release clause was famously a double decker and a yorkie but nobody moved on that either

Yes, to the best my knowledge that is totally the case.
I can only think that some of the press talk that levy wanted mega bucks put clubs off.
When i look at what Ndombele and grealish for instance went for but nobody would take a punt on Eriksen it fries my brian.

Back