• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

They are spending the 200m now, not în the past. Oh and about their past, they are recent UCL winners and by way of spending big, they have won the league more times în the last 20 years that we won în our entire history.
That hurt you bastard. [emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

If we had sold one of Doherty or Emerson and then bought Spence fair enough.
Buying Spence and then loaning him out straight away knowing Conte wasn't interested right now, also fair enough.
Not selling either of our existing two and then buying Spence when you know Conte hasn't asked for him - why if things have changed (and making a buck a la Jack Clarke isn't the priority)?

Us not selling either Emerson or Doherty in order to get better I agree, but I don't honestly think we can conflate Spence with that, nor other youngsters. Sarr, Gill and Spence are not the reason we are not investing in areas, there are two other areas are play.......availability and the sheer wastage we have within the squad that needs shifting.

All on loan

Winks
Reggie
Ndombele
Rodon
Lo Celso

Thats 200m of players to clear

Additional

Sanchez?
Emerson?
Moura?
Japhet?

That lack of moving on the pap is still an issue on Enic, don't get me wrong, and its the main focus of any criticism I have.

What is the point of one last expensive throw of the dice (though I'd argue it was actually the first throw as opposed to last) to only then sack the manager before he gets a chance to integrate those three players. .
It was also a throw of the dice too late. The damage had already been done. The squad had been starved of new faces for years. The same players were hearing the same instructions day after day, that was fine when they were just breaking through but after a while it's just hearing the same noise. The players eventually turn off and they couldn't do it anymore.

I don't understand why we act as if that one window could fix the years of neglect. [emoji58]

I am shocked (not-shocked) by how our fans expectations have changed since the new stadium. We're in 5th place. In the CL. And things are woeful? What a spoilt moany bunch Spurs fans have become. We weren't as bad in old WHL. We'd have been more understanding and positive that we're in the mix and playing in Europe.

I think the big issue is that Conte or Paratici have not clearly stated that we are a work in progress and we are working on the side. We needed to be less defensive, and change the way we play. That is happening and a work in progress. You have to listen very carefully to Conte to understand that and observe the way we're playing. It is not working at the moment as we are conceding more, but it is the right thing to do.

But moody wintery fans could affect things and apply so much pressure it makes Conte's regime untenable. Fans should get behind him, not undermine. Spurs used to have some of most ethical and principled fans. They didn't have a sense of entitlement. No longer it seems.

We sacked Poch because 5th place wasn't good enough. The board weren't understanding that we were playing Europe. The board thought they were entitled to better performances and importantly results.

Why are you holding the fans to a higher standard than the standard that ENIC held for our most successful coach in decades?

We sacked Poch because 5th place wasn't good enough. The board weren't understanding that we were playing Europe. The board thought they were entitled to better performances and importantly results.

Why are you holding the fans to a higher standard than the standard that ENIC held for our most successful coach in decades?

What 5th place are you talking about? We finished fourth in his last full season with us and we were about 12th(?) when he got the sack.

fudge I’m confused reading through this it’s such a head fck. Not because I can’t read but because it’s such a complex situation that has evolved, morphed over time with many parties, players, manager/coaches, DoF and Levy all messing up at some point, creating frustration across the board no pun intended.
Never dull.

5th? Factually incorrect. We were 14th. Fourteenth! When Poch was sacked. I didn’t think he should have been. But fans put a lot of pressure on, similar to now.

At least get your facts straight.

5th? Factually incorrect. We were 14th. Fourteenth! When Poch was sacked. I didn’t think he should have been. But fans put a lot of pressure on, similar to now.

3 points from 5th when he was sacked - as gets repeated every time this topic comes up.

It's flimflam to use our position at that point in the season as the table means little at that stage.

Spurs fans have always been entitled

The trophy conversation is the perfect example, this club has delivered less than 20 trophies in 140 years, but the opinion seems to be we should winning yearly? (and watch some jump in on my mentality, accepting mediocrity, etc. etc.)
But Levy clearly thinks the club should be winning things otherwise he wouldn't sack the manager as soon as they no longer over achieving and looking like they might win a trophy (the trophy being Top 4).

If Levy were to be satisfied as you think the fans should be, he wouldn't have sacked Poch the first minute he ran into problems. He wouldn't have sacked Jose, hell he wouldn't have sacked Nuno who looked hapless.

So you kind have to say Levy and the board have created the environment of entitlement where we no longer settle for mediocrity because clearly, Levy doesn't.

Is he acting entitled?

By 5th I mean we weren't finishing in the top 4 that season. My point still stands, Levy himself holds our managers to a high standard but yet you complain that fans hold Levy to that same high standard. A bit hypocritical no?

By 5th I mean we weren't finishing in the top 4 that season. My point still stands, Levy himself holds our managers to a high standard but yet you complain that fans hold Levy to that same high standard. A bit hypocritical no?

Your point does not still stand. You claimed false equivalence. You said we were 5th when Poch was sacked. We were actually 14th. It is a massive stretch (and incorrect use of English) to call the false equivalence hypocritical.

Your point does not still stand. You claimed false equivalence. You said we were 5th when Poch was sacked. We were actually 14th. It is a massive stretch (and incorrect use of English) to call the false equivalence hypocritical.
Bah you want to be pedantic to avoid the point. FORGET the 5th place comment. We were not finishing 4gh that season and so Poch was sacked. That is Levy holding his managers to a high standard, yet you have a problem with some fans holding Levy to the same high standard.

That is hypocritical.

What tonight shows is he could have and should have put more faith in the likes of Gil and Sarr
Sarr looks absolutely ready for this team and this league unlike Bissouma weirdly

What tonight shows is he could have and should have put more faith in the likes of Gil and Sarr
Sarr looks absolutely ready for this team and this league unlike Bissouma weirdly

I give him his credit he got them at it and we were clinical, glad Sarr and Gil turned up shows we have talent

Bah you want to be pedantic to avoid the point. FORGET the 5th place comment. We were not finishing 4gh that season and so Poch was sacked. That is Levy holding his managers to a high standard, yet you have a problem with some fans holding Levy to the same high standard.

That is hypocritical.

Fans are upset at us being 5th and in the last 16 of the Champions League. Levy has never sacked a manager when they've been in that kind of promising position. So idk what you're on about. Who is being hypocritical? Me, Levy, your mum?

I don’t think he did actually, he said he was sacked because fifth place was not good enough, not we were in fifth place. This on my opinion is correct, ENIC’s minimum target is fourth and the last three managers have been sacked for not being thought to be capable of achieving this. Poch and Nuno were sacked at a time when they thought fourth was achievable after a bad start. Mourinho obviously went south far further into the season

Fans are upset at us being 5th and in the last 16 of the Champions League. Levy has never sacked a manager when they've been in that kind of promising position. So idk what you're on about. Who is being hypocritical? Me, Levy, your mum?

Well, AVB was sacked the season after setting our highest ever points total, despite having more points from the games played than in that record point scoring year.

Levy does go early at times, it can be argued that Jose's record didn't warrant the sack yet either.

Back