• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Our next four league games at home are Arse, City, West Ham and Chelsea. We won't win any of them. Next four away are Palace, City, Fulham and Leicester. We might win one or two. We'll be lucky to average a point per game. Forget about placating his transfer wishes, start planning for a future after he's gone.

It’s not the manager.

The second you put a spurs shirt on a footballer they turn into a useless clam.

We should change the name of the club and start playing in red again.

With the long conversations and his mate already at the club, plus everyone in the world knowing how Spurs operates its hard to believe any manager coming in does so in the dark. I mean if you were offered the Spurs job tomorrow you would have half an idea of the transfer policy, I mean as a club we have never hidden it
We saw what happened in the summer of 2021 when managers were told the reality…. 8 managers turned us down. Things then got a bit noisy with ENIC out and the board moved the transfer budget goalposts to bring in Conte. He then over delivers and gets the same response to over delivering that Redknapp and Pochettino did.

We saw what happened in the summer of 2021 when managers were told the reality…. 8 managers turned us down. Things then got a bit noisy with ENIC out and the board moved the transfer budget goalposts to bring in Conte. He then over delivers and gets the same response to over delivering that Redknapp and Pochettino did.

If a manager signs expecting a free wheeling Spurs then I am sorry, they have not done their due diligence

Like I say, likely signed for the 14m, 18 month contract or whatever it was......

We haven't quite reached the point where it's obvious this isn't going to work out, but with Arse, City x2, Chelsea and West Ham over the coming weeks, it will come soon enough. Time to look for the next manager to take over this summer rather than spend big to keep Conte happy.
Great, let’s change another manager. In 18 months time we can do so again…

If a manager signs expecting a free wheeling Spurs then I am sorry, they have not done their due diligence

Like I say, likely signed for the 14m, 18 month contract or whatever it was......
That's fine, we might as well keep Conte and be satisfied with 6th-8th or whatever. I actually have an issue with the overall constraints t's just that the expectations need to be realistic in turn. That part is never true at Spurs.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

That's fine, we might as well keep Conte and be satisfied with 6th-8th or whatever. I actually have an issue with the overall constraints t's just that the expectations need to be realistic in turn. That part is never true at Spurs.

I am not saying sack the bloke, I just can't be having the "He had no idea what he was in for".....where has he been hiding.

If the manager is clearly a bad fit, do we just carry on anyway?

There's a few players that needs to leave with him mind you.
You will be hard pressed to find a manager that is a good fit for Spurs. The requirements are so exact and specific that no manager will ever be a good fit. Levy doesn't actually understand what he wants Vs what he offers. Poch worked for a while until he was starved of recruitment and we saw how that ended.

Our next four league games at home are Arse, City, West Ham and Chelsea. We won't win any of them. Next four away are Palace, City, Fulham and Leicester. We might win one or two. We'll be lucky to average a point per game. Forget about placating his transfer wishes, start planning for a future after he's gone.

We'll see. He had a similar wobbly spell last year and somehow pulled the win away at City out of absolutely nowhere.

The mental strength the team have showed this season, I'm not counting him out quite yet. But I think he's being figured out pretty quickly, and in the long run, his time at the top is probably ending in favour of younger managers who have more modern training and tactical approaches.

I am not saying sack the bloke, I just can't be having the "He had no idea what he was in for".....where has he been hiding.
I have no pity for him. Anyone with even a small degree of football knowledge knows what the challenges and hurdles you will face being at Spurs so yeah no sympathy. I just don't think another new coach is the answer, when the coach is just a symptom of the problem in the first place.

Meh, we'll just hire some other sap and the cycle will begin anew. The problem is not the managers, they are just a symptom.

The leadership, the scouting, the procurement and the coaching all need to be better aligned.

We are buying decent players since Paratichi came in but they are not suited to Conte, they are still young/unproven and need moulding in to a team.

Udogie
Romero
Spence
Bissouma
Bentancur
Sarr
Richarlson
Kulusevski

These are type of players you buy for a Poch type manager. There's some crossover there as well tbf but as a list it looks like we're buying for a different manager than what we have.

Great, let’s change another manager. In 18 months time we can do so again…

I’d prefer to keep Conte and back him in the next 3 transfer windows and then see what we look like in 18 months time.
His body language worries me though and I think it’s more likely he’s on his way out.

You will be hard pressed to find a manager that is a good fit for Spurs. The requirements are so exact and specific that no manager will ever be a good fit. Levy doesn't actually understand what he wants Vs what he offers. Poch worked for a while until he was starved of recruitment and we saw how that ended.

This. I think at its heart, there is a lot of confusion at the club over which vision to follow, which results in the squad we have now.

Our best results came when all four of the major power centres at the club were in total alignment on the approach to follow - chairman, scouting team, manager and academy setup. When Poch came in, for the first time, we had a small golden era between 2015 and 2017 where everything clicked.
  • Manager wanted young, hungry players fit enough to play a high press.
  • Michael Edwards, and then Paul Mitchell, were experts at finding precisely these players.
  • Levy was more than happy to buy them because they were relatively cheap and had high upside.
  • And academy was very happy to implement Poch's high-press at youth levels, since it allowed for development of the players.
In the later years, Poch wanted established players to sustain our sudden rise, Edwards and Mitchell left, Levy got distracted by the stadium, and the academy stopped producing players good enough to break into the side. And it all stagnated and fell apart, although we coasted on that 2015-2017 period for a while.

With Mourinho and then Conte, the big hope was that the club would commensurately change its approach to back these world-class managers with the world-class players they needed, but that has just not happened. And now we're all out of alignment.
  • Levy still wants to sign cheap young players with upside.
  • Conte wants readymade, world-class talent.
  • Paratici wants to sign those players too, but on wages Levy won't allow.
  • Academy has fallen into utter disrepair.
There is no alignment, and therefore we are basically hoping we luck into success.

We are buying decent players since Paratichi came in but they are not suited to Conte, they are still young/unproven and need moulding in to a team.

Udogie
Romero
Spence
Bissouma
Bentancur
Sarr
Richarlson

These are type of players you buy for a Poch type manager. There's some crossover there as well tbf but as a list it looks like we're buying for a different manager than what we have.
Those are the sort of players that Tottenham have always prioritised under ENIC. Young, cheap and with potential to develop and hold resell value. We buy those players regardless of who the coach is.

Poch happened to suit them, it was not us buying for his style or sensibilities.

Another coach might work in the way Poch did but there are no guarantees. I don't believe there is a grand plan and certainly no grand vision with the nous to implement.

I’d prefer to keep Conte and back him in the next 3 transfer windows and then see what we look like in 18 months time.
His body language worries me though and I think it’s more likely he’s on his way out.
Can’t back him if he won’t commit
He won’t commit if we don’t back him
Guy has the issue at every club
He is obsessive to the point of being unhealthy and expects it across the board
Anything goes wrong…. It’s never him (even if he says so)
If it goes well it’s all on him

Back