• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Exactly, the constant excuses for that not happening....seesssshhhh

so what’s the fix, don’t have a manager?

or just appoint someone else who won’t be able to wrangle these clams either, rinse and repeat

if I was Levy I’d shut the club down, it’s the only way to be sure

Chicken & egg this argument methinks.

For the record,

Jose was past it.
Nuno was a brick nobody.
Conte doesn't have half the players required to make his tactics work.

And the common theme for all three are that they are the antithesis of what a successful manager under Levy looks like - we need attacking football and a capability to build a team out of youngsters & players unfancied by the top clubs.

This players are to blame argument is a nonsense we've just had 3 bad (for varying reasons) appointments on the spin, it happens. Just look at United post SAF to see how it happens elsewhere

Last edited:
Sold a pup because the players are underperforming?

No sold a pup because there is always an excuse for the players under performing and him having no interest in playing younger talent.

It's literally his jib to improve players...did it last year, this season it just seems like a sulky game to vindicate some kind of rhetoric.

Well don't appoint a 14m a year "intellectual winner" who can't improve players or play youth.....

Sold a pup ala Jose me thinks
I suspect it was both ways. Both Jose and Conte talked about developing youth and focusing on what we have, then moaning when it isn't enough..
Both are influential and have bullied boards in the past, whilst also being at clubs that were happy to pay way above their means.

They were the wrong appointments. It's not something Levy is good at. Also see Santini - high profile, just had a great WC.
Our three successful managers under Levy:
Jol. Got lucky after Santini screwed up. Santini was Levy's "name". Jol was the DoF's choice.
Redknapp. A necessity and an appointment of circumstance.
Poch. Got that one right.

We need a new "builder".
And the one thing all those three had in common - positivity.

If managers as talented as those two can’t do it, I don’t think there is anyone that can.

I think there is, but like some have been saying about enic the fans need to decide what we want to be and what success is.
I'm watching forrest run for everything against Chelsea and giving them a real game, how many fans would be happy with that level of player? But they are showing exactly what we have been missing.

I'm losing the will to live with our football, as others have said.

A manager's job is to, for example, get a mid table squad challenging for Europe, or a top 6/7 quality squad challenging for CL spots etc. We don't have a great squad but either way, its difficult for anyone to argue that Conte is overachieving with it. The worst thing is that the longer we go into his reign, the worse we seem to get. It also can't be good for 'Tottenham' the brand, whether at games or in terms of building a fan base domestically or overseas.

I have faith that we'll continue to invest in the squad and I think Paratici is doing a decent job. That needs to be judged indepedently of Conte though and think we need to make sure that Paratici doesnt get influenced by Conte. I hope we continue to buy players who are say sub 25 years old who can improve...and think that Levy will ensure that happens.

The question is whether to trust the resulting squad to Conte or whether another manager is better suited to it. I think we're better suited to a project manager at the moment, and perhaps not suited to a Conte-type manager until another 3-4 active windows. However do you change a manager today with the hope that a new guy works better? I think thats the main reason for sticking with Conte - the risk of getting a new guy in and also thatwe'll continue to invest in the squad and hopefully gradually get a squad which Conte can get a tune out of.

However the coming weeks could be painful, bar at active January. Another month or two of dross like today and I think Levy might have to act give the atmosphere will be mutinous

No sold a pup because there is always an excuse for the players under performing and him having no interest in playing younger talent.

It's literally his jib to improve players...did it last year, this season it just seems like a sulky game to vindicate some kind of rhetoric.

I only see the players sulk, these guys are professional and supposedly playing for thier pride and yet can put in repeated performances like that under numerous managers.

I think there is, but like some have been saying about enic the fans need to decide what we want to be and what success is.
I'm watching forrest run for everything against Chelsea and giving them a real game, how many fans would be happy with that level of player? But they are showing exactly what we have been missing.

“success” is on a ratchet action, it only goes one way, we need to win the CL and the League, and we need to do it without bankrupting the club, everything else is failure

yes we are playing on hard mode, but that’s the way it should be, we need to win things “better” than anybody else

success” is on a ratchet action, it only goes one way, we need to win the CL and the League, and we need to do it without bankrupting the club, everything else is failure

yes we are playing on hard mode, but that’s the way it should be, we need to win things “better” than anybody else

Sounds like heating with wife, i keep telling her that she can turn it down as well as up.

the core is the same, and it’s one of the three star players letting us down repeatedly, Hugo and Son today

no way we lose that game if Hugo doesn’t drop that shot

'Core is the same' - not sure about that.

Romero, Doherty, Lenglet, Perisic, Bisouma, PEH, Benta, Kulu, Richie haven't been around for long nor some wasters like Royal, Sess etc

There's a group of Kane, Son, Dier, Davies, Lloris who have been there for 5+ years

Romero, Doherty, Lenglet, Perisic, Bisouma, PEH, Benta, Kulu, Richie haven't been around for long nor some wasters like Royal, Sess etc

There's a group of Kane, Son, Dier, Davies, Lloris who have been there for 5+ years

Peh and Doherty have been here under three managers.

the core is Kane, Son and Lloris, not just structurally, mentally, philosophically

Back