• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I’m seeing so much negativity in the media and amongst our fanbase about Conte and his role. Feels a bit like the beginning of the end to me. I just don’t understand it. The guy has done a great job and has us well positioned. Maybe it’s because, on paper, he’s a terrible match for our club and it doesn’t take much to expose the fault lines in the relationship.

There’s also a narrative doing the rounds that we are terrible to watch. At times it’s hard but when we play, as we have been doing generally in second halves recently, we’re a bloody good watch.

If we get a few bad results, the noise will ratchet up very quickly. IMO, it’ll be a disaster. This fella is a winner and we are not going to do any better. If this relationship falls apart, it’ll sort of encapsulate why we are perennial bridesmaids.

I’m seeing so much negativity in the media and amongst our fanbase about Conte and his role. Feels a bit like the beginning of the end to me. I just don’t understand it. The guy has done a great job and has us well positioned. Maybe it’s because, on paper, he’s a terrible match for our club and it doesn’t take much to expose the fault lines in the relationship.

There’s also a narrative doing the rounds that we are terrible to watch. At times it’s hard but when we play, as we have been doing generally in second halves recently, we’re a bloody good watch.

If we get a few bad results, the noise will ratchet up very quickly. IMO, it’ll be a disaster. This fella is a winner and we are not going to do any better. If this relationship falls apart, it’ll sort of encapsulate why we are perennial bridesmaids.
It’s because he is a recent winner so the expectation and view is he is as good as it gets. Arguably that’s true.
I don’t get why we’re not a good fit for him TBH. The way everything is being spun and reported is expertly the same as it always is with conte. It’s his way of “managing things” and it’s why he doesn’t last anywhere.
You do what he wants and he will always find a way to flip it on its head if he doesn’t get results. It’s a gamble for the club now as to how much backing the give him

It’s because he is a recent winner so the expectation and view is he is as good as it gets. Arguably that’s true.
I don’t get why we’re not a good fit for him TBH. The way everything is being spun and reported is expertly the same as it always is with conte. It’s his way of “managing things” and it’s why he doesn’t last anywhere.
You do what he wants and he will always find a way to flip it on its head if he doesn’t get results. It’s a gamble for the club now as to how much backing the give him

He wants experienced players who can do it now, we have a history of signing potential with resale value.

We’re reportedly one of the most political clubs in the world. Conte is like a bull in a China shop.

We love entertainers. Conte wants a team who’ll play in his system and isn’t too pushed on looking good.

He wants experienced players who can do it now, we have a history of signing potential with resale value.

We’re reportedly one of the most political clubs in the world. Conte is like a bull in a China shop.

We love entertainers. Conte wants a team who’ll play in his system and isn’t too pushed on looking good.
Again I think that’s not always true
Hakimi wasn’t proven and was young
He had been farmed out on loan from Madrid. He was 21 with less than 80 game a under his belt
Bastoni was a kid by normal standards when conte brought him in
We all seem to forget that Kulu is still very very young … a year older than saka for comparison
Bentacur was 24 when we signed him too

what conte looks for is players he can trust to play his way, and only his way

Last edited:

Did you not see his interview where he stated that we will be focusing on younger players that don't have huge wages? Where he also said he was happy?

Saw the quotes but don’t put a lot of stock in managers’ public statements to be honest.

I can see us going for older players that are ending their contracts like perisic. But think we'll concentrate on 25 and under that aren't on huge wages. Conte isn't one to shy away from telling the media exactly what he thinks. He's called out juve, inter and chelsea over their transfer dealings while at those clubs. If he wasn't happy he'd tell us.

That's one of my biggest gripes,

I watch on average 4 French, 4 German, 4 Italian, 4 Spanish, 4 Dutch, 4 MLS, and 4 South American matches in a week.

Good for you. You sound similar to me in that you don't play computer games or watch the utter crap that most in the TV thread in random talk about. I literally watch 95% sport football and cycling.

Unless of course your being sarcastic in which case your just a saddo.

Again I think that’s not always true
Hakimi wasn’t proven and was young
He had been farmed out on loan from Madrid. He was 21 with less than 80 game a under his belt
Bastoni was a kid by normal standards when conte brought him in
We all seem to forget that Kulu is still very very young … a year older than saka for comparison
Bentacur was 24 when we signed him too

what conte looks for is players he can trust to play his way, and only his way

Did you not see his interview where he stated that we will be focusing on younger players that don't have huge wages? Where he also said he was happy?

This is all true.

But it's also true that Conte values short term consistency and level of performance higher than most other managers. He's less willing to use younger players than most, but definitely not unwilling if he sees the player as ready and good enough.

Upsides and downsides. This is the manager we have and there are great upsides.

Job for Paratici is tougher tough. Finding those players that Conte will see as ready, but also good enough, good fit to the system, affordable within our budget and (on average) young enough.

I can see us going for older players that are ending their contracts like perisic. But think we'll concentrate on 25 and under that aren't on huge wages. Conte isn't one to shy away from telling the media exactly what he thinks. He's called out juve, inter and chelsea over their transfer dealings while at those clubs. If he wasn't happy he'd tell us.

Solid point. We all know what unhappy/angry Conte looks like, this isn't it.

End of the transfer window may be a different story of course.

Watched the Ali Gold latest update. If we don't win he whinges like a true fan! On and on about what a mismatch Conte is, how we need to match hiring him with money blah blah blah. On the flip side, he always overrates our signings. He is just a bit reactionary, or plays up to the faithful.

We're not going to suddenly become an oil baron club just because Conte is in charge. Conte knows the brief. We have transparent budgets and Paratici to manage them. Comes back to what I was saying in the transfer thread. We can spend, but not as much as we could if we sell Ndombele, Le Celco and Regulion. Just as important are players being available and wanting to come.

Good for you. You sound similar to me in that you don't play computer games or watch the utter crap that most in the TV thread in random talk about. I literally watch 95% sport football and cycling.

Unless of course your being sarcastic in which case your just a saddo.

Was being sarcastic .. but you watch Cycling ... ha ha and may I add ha

Back