• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

But it wasn’t poor activity at the time we agreed to buy them
For varying reasons the players haven’t worked out
The club has brought players in, in areas that were needed. We brought a top draw CM who I personally had seen destroy city and Barca
We signed a great left back in Reggie who should IMO suit conte… he doesn’t fancy him
Lo celso would have won the WC if he wasn’t injured
It’s hard to judge what mentality a player has I guess before signing as you wont always get the truth
The other key is how a manager integrated players and used them… or not

But all three are out on loan at a time we now look to struggle in those areas so it's a fairly liberal view to consider any of those decent moves in my opinion and the least said about the window we signed no one under Poch which I genuinely believe still continues to set us back

But all three are out on loan at a time we now look to struggle in those areas so it's a fairly liberal view to consider any of those decent moves in my opinion and the least said about the window we signed no one under Poch which I genuinely believe still continues to set us back
They were decent signings that I heard no one complain about
Turned out they weren’t good enough
No one is buying them either so it’s a bigger issue

At the time but now they are reason we struggle, not really bothered about who thought they were good or not at the time. The facts are we have had to many signings go the way of thr dodo

I'm really not trying to point score on who was wrong or right about them at the time mate, I'm measly summising our situation now and our lack of depth is because too many windows have been wasted

The wages of Ndombele, Le Celco and Regulion must amount to a fortune. They are undoubtedly holding us back in the transfer window. Probably costing us 200k a week after contributions from the host clubs. More than 100m spent signing them, we can't give them away.

The wages of Ndombele, Le Celco and Regulion must amount to a fortune. They are undoubtedly holding us back in the transfer window. Probably costing us 200k a week after contributions from the host clubs. More than 100m spent signing them, we can't give them away.
It’s a huge noose around the neck of the club
And the reality is no one is buying them Unless they have too (tanguy will trigger the clause)

It’s why buying young English players is a no brainer as their resale is easier. We buy Brereton this window for £20m… he could flop and we would get our money back no issues
Olise was £8m fee… now it’s £50m
There are no brainer deals but we have to buy “the best we can afford” to keep up with others it seems
As i said to a mate earlier, arsenal started yesterday with NO new players. They won comfortably

Exactly, real bed brickt3rs of signings if ever there were any.

The worry is that even our strongest 11 I count 4 and half successes the market, Lloris, Son, Kulu and Benta (PEH the half based on fee) ....considering two of those have been with us nearly 10 years the it tells everyone a worrying fact about our transfer windows and lack of success in them

We trend well below the line of success regardless what anyone says

Exactly, real bed brickt3rs of signings if ever there were any.

The worry is that even our strongest 11 I count 4 and half successes the market, Lloris, Son, Kulu and Benta (PEH the half based on fee) ....considering two of those have been with us nearly 10 years the it tells everyone a worrying fact about our transfer windows and lack of success in them

We trend well below the line of success regardless what anyone says

The latter Poch era was particularly bad. Who knows Poch probably would have got more of a tune out of these players. But Ndombele and Le Celco also cost him his job imo. Injury and lack of readiness meant we didn't have much of a midfield. Regulion was signed post-Poch, but he was a player on our radar under the Poch regime, and we wanted him from some time before.

Since Paratici we've had a better hit rate. Only Spence and Gil are questionable? And they have time to come good. Lenglet, Romero, Bentancur, Kulu - some decent signings for not much outlay.

What a ridiculous thing to say, you are insinuating that no one knew he was any good because he had not played in the EPL, that statement does not reflect well on you.

By the way some of us do not only watch Premier League football, so speak for yourself.

Also, journalist and pundits who do cover the French league raved about him.

One of my biggest gripes about this website is that some only watch spurs or English football.

I watch on average 3 French and 3 German league games a week.

The latter Poch era was particularly bad. Who knows Poch probably would have got more of a tune out of these players. But Ndombele and Le Celco also cost him his job imo. Injury and lack of readiness meant we didn't have much of a midfield. Regulion was signed post-Poch, but he was a player on our radar under the Poch regime, and we wanted him from some time before.

Since Paratici we've had a better hit rate. Only Spence and Gil are questionable? And they have time to come good. Lenglet, Romero, Bentancur, Kulu - some decent signings for not much outlay.

Oh we are tons better now 100% but the legacy of poor buys and lack of buys before that have and continue to hurt us.

Especially as you say it's taking donkeys to get rid as no one wants them especially at the wages we pay

Again..
Soence makes sense but conte is being a conte with him
Gil was all about a prospect and may come good. He need some work on his physical side to fix that part to his game and he most definitely doesn’t suit conte today

Again..
Soence makes sense but conte is being a conte with him
Gil was all about a prospect and may come good. He need some work on his physical side to fix that part to his game and he most definitely doesn’t suit conte today

Spence is a bit raw, but will come good imo. The issue isn't Spence it is Royal and Doherty who are, all things being equal, probably the better player. Of course Spence can be the best of the bunch in the future, but as things stand Doherty and Royal are more accomplished - otherwise Conte would be playing Spence.

Gil maybe "doesn't suit" the PL. Could be a sensation in Portugal, Italy or Spain. Here I think he's a sub when teams tire. Definity can impact games from the bench. Is he robust enough to play week in and out for us? Probably not. Highly skillful, an asset. But not really suited to the demands of the PL - or so Conte thinks.

Spence is a bit raw, but will come good imo. The issue isn't Spence it is Royal and Doherty who are, all things being equal, probably the better player. Of course Spence can be the best of the bunch in the future, but as things stand Doherty and Royal are more accomplished - otherwise Conte would be playing Spence.

Gil maybe "doesn't suit" the PL. Could be a sensation in Portugal, Italy or Spain. Here I think he's a sub when teams tire. Definity can impact games from the bench. Is he robust enough to play week in and out for us? Probably not. Highly skillful, an asset. But not really suited to the demands of the PL - or so Conte thinks.
Can’t judge either with no game time IMO
Conte is a clam of a manager, it’s his way or no way
But he wins trophies and that’s what matters

Always made me laugh how people on here made out that Howe was a poor coach and turned their nose up at him. But it must be noted Saudi Sportswashing Outfit have no European football and the Goons have rested a load of players in the Europa League…..

Howe is a great coach, i doubt his ability to handle pressure though.

887DF88C-1C9F-4024-A76E-ADC335E0DF65.png

This was the only time I can remember us being near to full strength all season
Despite playing poorly our subs, so depth changed the game
We stole a point many said but in reality we took our chances and got the point
We’re close to being there squad wise but if your back up gets injured or your first team introns are out, you need the full ins to perform

conte isnt coaching Dier to shank a simple clearance out of play, Hugo to come erratically, Tanganga to not beat his man ti every header, Hojberg to let his man run off him, Bissouma to keep the ball too long and lose it, son to not control a simple pass… I could go on

We need the right additions that conte will play. That’s the key. He has to buy into who we buy. And people who will panic that we haven’t got them in for the 1st Jan should look at the fixtures and see what remains after January, rather than the 4 league games in that month. I’d rather we get the right player in later in Jan that the wrong one in early

Tottenham really baffle me sometimes.

Bissouma, for the past 2-3 years has looked one of the best midfielders in the country playing in a midfield 3 (and not as a defensive midfielder). We sign him and deploy him in a midfield 2, normally as the DM. Interestingly, his best performances have been when he has been deployed in a midfield 3.

We spend £60m on Richarlison who at Everton played as a centre forward or off the left flank, yet when we sign him he spends most of the time off the right flank, the one position he does not normally play in.

Emerson has spent all his career as a defensive full back and Conte deploys him as an attacking wingback.

When these players play badly in these positions they are condemned when the blame should go on Conte.

how about we try something revolutionary, buy players that the manager wants so he can deploy them in the position they are use to play in.

Bissouma did play as a DM for Brighton, at least some of the time. His best games fire us have been in a three i think, but as the deepest of those three.

Richarlison was signed mainly for the left and centre I believe. But we don't have a natural option for Kulusevski and he was the one that got injured rather than Son or Kane.

We have been doing what you ask imo. But the holes in the squad were many and several still remain. We have signed players that fit the system really well. Perisic, Lenglet, Bentancur, Kulusevski (and, imo Richarlison, but not for the role he's mainly been used in due to injury).

Despite those solutions we still lack options in the squad. I think our strongest 11 is rather good, but we're in a situation where almost any two injuries is a massive setback. And we've had at least two players missing for almost all of the season.

That kind of gap between the strongest 11 and the option players is completely unsustainable. Because injuries will happen, and tired legs will happen when we can't/won't rotate.

Imo it tells us more about the starting point than the job being done since Conte took over.

but can Conte win trophies with Enic's Spurs? Are our player wage budget way lower than other clubs that conte has managed successfully?
No
Inters was lower
Chelsea didn’t spend loads
What he did and had at those teams was consistent teams because he didn’t suffer injuries
You could predict his team every game, much like you could with us last season

You must have great tv options
And way way too much time on your hands
I watch an overseas game a week most weeks and that’s tough enough to fit in

The wife watches her crap in the evening and I'm in the kitchen watching mine. About 2 of those games will be while I'm at the gym on the cross trainer with the ipad infront of me. My health means I have to spend a couple of hours a day working out.

Back