• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

You're really blinkered if you wouldn't have had Saliba and Martinelli before the start of the season. Don't let who they play for cloud your judgement.
Saliba hadn’t even played here so no one knew if he was actually any good
Don’t tell me you watch the French league every week?
And I woudkht have Martinelli over the golden boot winner.
I haven’t said once they are not good players. They are. Arsenal don’t have poor players despite what some have said
What they have had is consistent line ups every league game and no real injuries until the middle of the World Cup

And that was then and this is now. I hope it does not last, but right now the Goons look a superior team to us playing playing more offensive eye-catching football.
Yes they do
3 years of consistent coaching and no injuries
They have confidence and belief
Makes a huge difference

Tottenham really baffle me sometimes.

Bissouma, for the past 2-3 years has looked one of the best midfielders in the country playing in a midfield 3 (and not as a defensive midfielder). We sign him and deploy him in a midfield 2, normally as the DM. Interestingly, his best performances have been when he has been deployed in a midfield 3.

We spend £60m on Richarlison who at Everton played as a centre forward or off the left flank, yet when we sign him he spends most of the time off the right flank, the one position he does not normally play in.

Emerson has spent all his career as a defensive full back and Conte deploys him as an attacking wingback.

When these players play badly in these positions they are condemned when the blame should go on Conte.

how about we try something revolutionary, buy players that the manager wants so he can deploy them in the position they are use to play in.

Tottenham really baffle me sometimes.

Bissouma, for the past 2-3 years has looked one of the best midfielders in the country playing in a midfield 3 (and not as a defensive midfielder). We sign him and deploy him in a midfield 2, normally as the DM. Interestingly, his best performances have been when he has been deployed in a midfield 3.

We spend £60m on Richarlison who at Everton played as a centre forward or off the left flank, yet when we sign him he spends most of the time off the right flank, the one position he does not normally play in.

Emerson has spent all his career as a defensive full back and Conte deploys him as an attacking wingback.

When these players play badly in these positions they are condemned when the blame should go on Conte.

how about we try something revolutionary, buy players that the manager wants so he can deploy them in the position they are use to play in.
I agree with the principle except the bissouma comment as if he isn’t a DM, what is he?

richarlison is IMO only because of injuries
He is rubbish on the right but we had no one else

we’re at a cross roads with conte now and it’s stick or twist

buy him players that suit him or big players that suit the club philosophy knowing he will want to leave in some months moaning he hasn’t been backed

Saliba hadn’t even played here so no one knew if he was actually any good

What a ridiculous thing to say, you are insinuating that no one knew he was any good because he had not played in the EPL, that statement does not reflect well on you.

By the way some of us do not only watch Premier League football, so speak for yourself.

Also, journalist and pundits who do cover the French league raved about him.

What a ridiculous thing to say, you are insinuating that no one knew he was any good because he had not played in the EPL, that statement does not reflect well on you.

By the way some of us do not only watch Premier League football, so speak for yourself.

So after him being put on loan for 2 years because he wasn’t good enough according to arteta … suddenly means he is
Even their fans didn’t know he was that good

I agree with the principle except the bissouma comment as if he isn’t a DM, what is he?

richarlison is IMO only because of injuries
He is rubbish on the right but we had no one else

we’re at a cross roads with conte now and it’s stick or twist

buy him players that suit him or big players that suit the club philosophy knowing he will want to leave in some months moaning he hasn’t been backed

TO be honest I do not know, I will however suggest that he seemed to be involved in the offensive side of things more than the defensive whenever i saw him play.

TBF they played him and sent him away thinking he was a dud but that aside I agree with all you say

We should all be bemoaning early kick offs and the WC mid winter break as a general killer of the game HOWEVER I can be having this idea that it's a Spurs only issue because its not, that's just a massive excuse TBH

We are crap at times because we spent good to middle money as my mate calls it on Lo Celso, Ndombele, Sanchez, Emerson, Reggie and Royal etc and not one of them has made us a better first 11 team to any significant degree..... when yoy really look back, thats a shocker and now the turkeys are coming home roost. That's why our bench is so dogmuck and the other half are out on loan.....

It was always going to kick us up the arse

TO be honest I do not know, I will however suggest that he seemed to be involved in the offensive side of things more than the defensive whenever i saw him play.
I saw him cleaning up and being that early link
More like we saw Hojberg do
We haven’t seen Bissouma play with Bentacur yet in a 2 so that may show more
Playing with PEH they do similar roles

So after him being put on loan for 2 years because he wasn’t good enough according to arteta … suddenly means he is
Even their fans didn’t know he was that good

Because their fans were not watching him when he was in France. Annoyingly, on the Athletic they were raving about him last season, suggesting he was one of the best young central defenders in France

TBF they played him and sent him away thinking he was a dud but that aside I agree with all you say

We should all be bemoaning early kick offs and the WC mid winter break as a general killer of the game HOWEVER I can be having this idea that it's a Spurs only issue because its not, that's just a massive excuse TBH

We are crap at times because we spent good to middle money as my mate calls it on Lo Celso, Ndombele, Sanchez, Emerson, Reggie and Royal etc and not one of them has made us a better first 11 team to any significant degree..... when yoy really look back, thats a shocker and now the turkeys are coming home roost. That's why our bench is so dogmuck and the other half are out on loan.....

It was always going to kick us up the arse
Just going to jump in and highlight that I never said the mid season thing and early kick offs is a spurs thing. It’s football killer though for sure

I’ll also say those signings were all good signings at the time and the right players. Signings are a calculated risk. They don’t all work

look at our fans thoughts in January when we ended up with rejects from Juve… their was a lot of negative comments on here because people believe what they read. In reality we signed winners who had world class qualities but because the club we signed them from was a mess that people didn’t realise they were poor signings…

Because their fans were not watching him when he was in France. Annoyingly, on the Athletic they were raving about him last season, suggesting he was one of the best young central defenders in France
He won best young player in France last season
But it’s a BIG jump up
in his last few games he had been shaky compared to his first 10/12 games
But he is a quality player who IMO won’t sign a new contract now because of how they binned him off earlier

[QUOTE="Grays_1890, post: 1634432, member: 858"

It was always going to kick us up the arse[/QUOTE]

tickle my balls with a feather, our scouting has been questionable.

Also, I look at Emerson, and than I look at Trippier who left us to win the league in Spain, and who even now looks better than all our right wing backs and I wonder how come we seem to get more things wrong than right.

Last edited:
He won best young player in France last season
But it’s a BIG jump up
in his last few games he had been shaky compared to his first 10/12 games
But he is a quality player who IMO won’t sign a new contract now because of how they binned him off earlier

Big deal, worse case scenario they will sell him in the summer and make a profit.

Also, he is on £40K a week, he may consider signing one if they offer him £150K

Just going to jump in and highlight that I never said the mid season thing and early kick offs is a spurs thing. It’s football killer though for sure

I’ll also say those signings were all good signings at the time and the right players. Signings are a calculated risk. They don’t all work

look at our fans thoughts in January when we ended up with rejects from Juve… their was a lot of negative comments on here because people believe what they read. In reality we signed winners who had world class qualities but because the club we signed them from was a mess that people didn’t realise they were poor signings…

At the end of the day though what has fan opinion to do with it? We are talking about why we are where we are and it's hard to accept that we have probably had to right off 200m of players in a short time who are actually still on the books but either out on loan or on the bench and terrible options.

Are we now saying it's the fans fault?

We are not City, Chelsea or United, we can't afford that level of wastage and those past poor windows added to the windows we did nothing still bare scars....Fab and Co have done amazingly well but the issues are still deep rooted based on the reasons I mention.

I mean we have 40m of defender on bench yesterday and rely on Japhet...we bemoan the midfield (I know I do) and 110m of it is put on loan (135m if you include Winks) We continue to work Kane into an early retirement because the likes of Bergy were either expensive duds or badly managed but regardless it was, on paper and expensive exercise that we lost money and ground on (we won't mention the other Dutch striker or various options we have spent huge on and lost on)

It's abit of a mess TBH

Big deal, worse case scenario they will sell him in the summer and make a profit.

Also, he is on £40K a week, he may consider signing one if they offer him £150K
Or agree to join real in 18 months time with a mega wages uplift
Real are doing this now with a lot of young top top players

At the end of the day though what has fan opinion to do with it? We are talking about why we are where we are and it's hard to accept that we have probably had to right off 200m of players in a short time who are actually still on the books but either out on loan or on the bench and terrible options.

Are we now saying it's the fans fault?

We are not City, Chelsea or United, we can't afford that level of wastage and those past poor windows added to the windows we did nothing still bare scars....Fab and Co have done amazingly well but the issues are still deep rooted based on the reasons I mention.

I mean we have 40m of defender on bench yesterday and rely on Japhet...we bemoan the midfield (I know I do) and 110m of it is put on loan (135m if you include Winks) We continue to work Kane into an early retirement because the likes of Bergy were either expensive duds or badly managed but regardless it was, on paper and expensive exercise that we lost money and ground on (we won't mention the other Dutch striker or various options we have spent huge on and lost on)

It's abit of a mess TBH
No that’s not what I’m saying
What I’m saying is fans opinions on transfers can be very wrong
Your mate said we wasted all that money, but was he ok when we brought them?
Similarly lots of fans said we wasted money in January with kulu and Bentacur… yet we have gained massively there
The players who have failed were brought in under a different DOF. Paratici IMO has a high success rate for us

No that’s not what I’m saying
What I’m saying is fans opinions on transfers can be very wrong
Your mate said we wasted all that money, but was he ok when we brought them?
Similarly lots of fans said we wasted money in January with kulu and Bentacur… yet we have gained massively there
The players who have failed were brought in under a different DOF. Paratici IMO has a high success rate for us

But what's fan opinion go to do with it? I'm talking the reality if the situation not opinion?

We all know that some signings work and some don't but I'm struggling to understand what opinions go to do with it?

It might be hindsight but my mate regardless has a hugely valid point, we are seeing the issues of poor activity in the past. And TBF considering he, ye and me are not incharge of the policy we are allowed to judge without holding much guilt on that....we don't sign the cheques

We are talking where we have gone wrong and as much as I admit fan opinion can be questionable it's hardly the reason behind our lack of depth

But what's fan opinion go to do with it? I'm talking the reality if the situation not opinion?

We all know that some signings work and some don't but I'm struggling to understand what opinions go to do with it?

It might be hindsight but my mate regardless has a hugely valid point, we are seeing the issues of poor activity in the past. And TBF considering he, ye and me are not incharge of the policy we are allowed to judge without holding much guilt on that....we don't sign the cheques
But it wasn’t poor activity at the time we agreed to buy them
For varying reasons the players haven’t worked out
The club has brought players in, in areas that were needed. We brought a top draw CM who I personally had seen destroy city and Barca
We signed a great left back in Reggie who should IMO suit conte… he doesn’t fancy him
Lo celso would have won the WC if he wasn’t injured
It’s hard to judge what mentality a player has I guess before signing as you wont always get the truth
The other key is how a manager integrated players and used them… or not

Last edited:
Back