• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Always made me laugh how people on here made out that Howe was a poor coach and turned their nose up at him. But it must be noted Saudi Sportswashing Outfit have no European football and the Goons have rested a load of players in the Europa League…..

He's doing a good job at Saudi Sportswashing Machine but his record at Bournemouth suffered after being there so long - pretty understandable why fans wouldn't have been overly keen on him when we have positioned ourselves as a club to go for the likes of Conte.

He's doing a good job at Saudi Sportswashing Outfit but his record at Bournemouth suffered after being there so long - pretty understandable why fans wouldn't have been overly keen on him when we have positioned ourselves as a club to go for the likes of Conte.
He also couldn’t get his team to be consistent and defend
He has some good defenders at Saudi Sportswashing Machine but they are playing like great defenders so he has to get credit for that

The kick off time shouldn’t be an issue, the prep is the same you just do everything earlier.

They are professional footballers, their life is literally dictated by the next kick off time.

It shouldn't be it's been happening for donkeys years and it being the same for many clubs not just us.

Amazes me how these so called "Issues" only seem to be Spurs issues

Last edited:
He's doing a good job at Saudi Sportswashing Outfit but his record at Bournemouth suffered after being there so long - pretty understandable why fans wouldn't have been overly keen on him when we have positioned ourselves as a club to go for the likes of Conte.

Case of the Curbishleys at Bournemouth, done great things there. People often overlook him taking them up every league

Obviously a very capable manager and all managers have to start somewhere, nothing but snobbery from some that down player lower league english managers come good whilst overlooking that all top managers they would have generally started in lower leagues in Italy, Germany, Portugal etc

Just look at Conte, was abit of a lower level journeyman manager before he got the Juve job which made him

Case of the Curbishleys at Bournemouth, done great things there. People often overlook him taking them up every league

Obviously a very capable manager and all managers have to start somewhere, nothing but snobbery from some that down player lower league english managers come good whilst overlooking that all top managers they would have generally started in lower leagues in Italy, Germany, Portugal etc

Conte promoted 2 serie b teams. Klopp i believe got a team promoted into the top flight. It's just they then get given the chances at big teams to prove themselves. The prem usually goes for managers with trophies. So hard for english managers to get a chance at bigger clubs.

Conte promoted 2 serie b teams. Klopp i believe got a team promoted into the top flight. It's just they then get given the chances at big teams to prove themselves. The prem usually goes for managers with trophies. So hard for english managers to get a chance at bigger clubs.

Of course but if someone with a sexy Italian name came over with Howes record of taking a team up three Italian leagues and kept them.in Seria A he would be lauded by those that dismissed Howe, that's how British fans act.

It's the same with players, anything for a players name ending in "Vic" "Inho" or "ov".....amazing how many fans become experts in Brazilian football when we are linked with a relatively unknown players from that region

Last edited:
Regarding our Jekyll/Hyde performances...

It's almost like we need to get scored on to get any motivation to actually do anything. I feel like this has been the case for many seasons where we just don't turn up and almost will the opposition to score the first goal in order to wake up, regardless of whether we're playing strong teams vs weak teams. The players need to want to win each match and to motivate themselves properly even if we're playing bottom-table underachievers. Not to mention weak performances in the cups against opposition not even in the same league as us.

This season, we are outperforming our xG, so as poor as Son and maybe one other in attack have been, it's been mostly Kane bailing us out (his build-up play has been slightly off though this season, so he is partly to blame but at least he's still scoring at the end of the day). Kulu was out for a while so that definitely hurt a bit too since we didn't have a proper RW and Richy has not been playing in his favored positions.

I do have to say that Conte has been horrible with rotating players and he hasn't been giving younger players like Skipp enough chances. The catch-22 here is that younger players won't develop as much without game time, but because they're not developing, Conte won't play them (which is strange considering he did play Skipp a lot last season). Just to be clear, this is in the context of rotation, ie., players like PEH playing insane minutes despite clearly being tired despite having other options to play there. I'm not saying we should start Gil every match while Son is fit and rested for example. Just look at our Carabao Cup match that was a complete embarrassment considering how many first-teamers we had starting, but who were also in need of a rest.
I can understand the CB situation is a mess, but I hope we rectify that next month. There are players out there, but a lot of posters here won't acknowledge that we can upgrade on Dier/Davies easily (we can).

Ok….
I’m fine with that
I mean most of the TV money comes from UK subscribers. Why are we inconvenienced when we pay the most money

Actually, you might want to double check your numbers, under the current tv rights deals the Premier League earns more money from the overseas deals than domestic.

Actually, you might want to double check your numbers, under the current tv rights deals the Premier League earns more money from the overseas deals than domestic.
That changed this season I know.
But that’s not what I’m saying
I’m saying we pay more
I pay more to watch less. It costs me more to watch the league that I also pay to go and watch as a ST holder which is just daft
My Scandinavian colleague can’t understand that I pay £1000 a season then an additional £500 to watch the tv and not even be able to pick what games I want

The prem is horrendous for it

In your view, and others too
As I said above I’ll judge with a bigger sample size post World Cup
This season is split in chunks because of the World Cup and I thought yesterday we were the side on the front foot for most of the game, including the first half

How convenient, how about you judge on the 8 matches in a row that we went behind prior to the WC.

How convenient, how about you judge on the 8 matches in a row that we went behind prior to the WC.
Because they were games that had the distraction of the World Cup at play
We had players saving themselves for that
Now we don’t
I mean we have no other reference point as it’s never happened before
If it continues though I’d agree
It’s an odd season and teams like us have been playing every 3 days which has a huge impact

Martinelli better than Son?
Ramsdale better than Hugo?
Saliba better than Romero?
Odegard is class
They are getting performances because it’s the same team every week playing the same way. The way they have been drilled to play for 3 years. It takes time and it also means you need luck with injuries they have had that so far and it’s got them results this season
It’s a team game, not an individual one

Based on this season there is nothing to suggest that Hugo is superior to Ramsdale or Martinelli to Son.

Anyway, you have just mentioned Son, Hugo and Romero, but what about the rest of our squad. If we had a combined starting 11 based on this season do you think there will be more than Spurs players in the team? Not sure with that defence of ours.

It might be a team game, but out team seem to be on a dare as to how many times they can go behind each week.

Because they were games that had the distraction of the World Cup at play
We had players saving themselves for that
Now we don’t
I mean we have no other reference point as it’s never happened before
If it continues though I’d agree
It’s an odd season and teams like us have been playing every 3 days which has a huge impact

That is a sad excuse, you think we were the only team that had players in the WC

Based on this season there is nothing to suggest that Hugo is superior to Ramsdale or Martinelli to Son.

Anyway, you have just mentioned Son, Hugo and Romero, but what about the rest of our squad. If we had a combined starting 11 based on this season do you think there will be more than Spurs players in the team? Not sure with that defence of ours.

It might be a team game, but out team seem to be on a dare as to how many times they can go behind each week.
No, not on the basis of the first 15 games of the season
But how many would we have had of there’s at the end of last season?
None of the 3 mentioned above IMO

No
But the teams that had players focussed on the World Cup didn’t play well before the World Cup
There is no excuse now for those players

And how do you determine which players were FOCUSED on the WC. Emirates Marketing Project has more players in the WC than Spurs but I do did not notice then going 2:0 every week.

Look at the Arsenal attack, their first choice front 3 all played at WC but it did not seem to affect them

And that was then and this is now. I hope it does not last, but right now the Goons look a superior team to us playing playing more offensive eye-catching football.

You're really blinkered if you wouldn't have had Saliba and Martinelli before the start of the season. Don't let who they play for cloud your judgement.

And how do you determine which players were FOCUSED on the WC. Emirates Marketing Project has more players in the WC than Spurs but I do did not notice then going 2:0 every week.

Look at the Arsenal attack, their first choice front 3 all played at WC but it did not seem to affect them
No but Emirates Marketing Project we’re not great
I mean they lost games they shouldn’t have lost before the World Cup
The arsenal players you mention were but part players in the squad apart form saka
Arsenal best players before the World Cup were arguably the ones not going
Odegard is their key man

Back