• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

They're above us in the league, playing better football. You think they'd sack howe to hire conte?
At some point yes. They aren’t going to stay third. History tells you with the oil clubs they get in a manager to steady the ship and get them moving upwards and then they get in a big name. Eddie Howe is not going to be managing them long term. Maybe not at the end of this season, but by the time Contes extension finishes the following season assuming we take it I would certainly imagine them looking for that big name manager and Conte would likely be the most easy one to prize away. I’m not saying it will happen, but there’s certainly a decent possibility they’d look at Conte and he’d be tempted…..

At some point yes. They aren’t going to stay third. History tells you with the oil clubs they get in a manager to steady the ship and get them moving upwards and then they get in a big name. Eddie Howe is not going to be managing them long term. Maybe not at the end of this season, but by the time Contes extension finishes the following season assuming we take it I would certainly imagine them looking for that big name manager and Conte would likely be the most easy one to prize away. I’m not saying it will happen, but there’s certainly a decent possibility they’d look at Conte and he’d be tempted…..

Times are different now. Ffp, owners not allowed to have links with sponsors. So Saudi Sportswashing Machine are limited with what they can do. Ashley kept newcastles spending well within their limits, so this has allowed them to spend.

Uefas they might try to get around. But when the prem changes it will be the other clubs that decide the punishment. You think they won't give out points deductions?
I’d love you to be right with all the new FFP stuff, but I can’t help thinking you’re putting too much stock in to it? Clubs will find a way around it, or if they’re found cheating like City for example they’ll just go to tribunal / CAS and get it thrown out again.

I’d love you to be right with all the new FFP stuff, but I can’t help thinking you’re putting too much stock in to it? Clubs will find a way around it, or if they’re found cheating like City for example they’ll just go to tribunal / CAS and get it thrown out again.

All i'm saying is that they can't go round splashing the cash too much.

Also we'll have the independent regulator soon.

If Saudi Sportswashing Machine are likely to go that way its likely to be early, front load, take the punishment when it's least likely to hurt then crack on, then when you progress on and off the pitch there is less reason to manipulate

If Saudi Sportswashing Outfit are likely to go that way its likely to be early, front load, take the punishment when it's least likely to hurt then crack on, then when you progress on and off the pitch there is less reason to manipulate

The rules are based on amortisation, wages and agents fees. So difficult to front load (apart from the agents fees). They'd have to grow their revenue or be in breach each year.

Uefas they might try to get around. But when the prem changes it will be the other clubs that decide the punishment. You think they won't give out points deductions?
The last two world cups have been in corrupt countries
We have football teams owned by states
The governance of the game consists still of old grey men with no plans to change what actually suits them….
It’s really not something I’d trust when money is involved

The last two world cups have been in corrupt countries
We have football teams owned by states
The governance of the game consists still of old grey men with no plans to change what actually suits them….
It’s really not something I’d trust when money is involved

The prem is controlled by the 20 chairmen of the prem clubs. With richard masters running it. They will not go against their own self interest.

Times are different now. Ffp, owners not allowed to have links with sponsors. So Saudi Sportswashing Outfit are limited with what they can do. Ashley kept newcastles spending well within their limits, so this has allowed them to spend.

would be interesting how they define/challenge the concept of "links with sponsors"
e.g. traceable equity, regardless how small (e.g. sovereign funds)
e.g. sibling or relative-owned businesses

Conte doesn't really have anywhere else to go. Can't see any of the big teams going for him. Nobody else could afford him. Unless he took a paycut.

If he doesn't have immediate options he'll get them soon enough. I don't think he will let the lack of immediate options dictate his future.

Of course if a mega club was in crisis and looking for a new manager that would make these negotiations more difficult. But I don't think the lack of options now is a big factor.

For now I remain optimistic, this kind of noise should be expected. Let's just see where it ends.

The prem is controlled by the 20 chairmen of the prem clubs. With richard masters running it. They will not go against their own self interest.
Richard masters works for the chairman
They are all now interested in the money and what’s in it for them
Don’t get caught in the trap of thinking billionaire businessmen aren’t scumbags who would rob someone to line their own pockets

Anyone seeing a lot of stuff starting to circulate that the "hierarchy" aren't united behind Conte and some want Poch.

Haven't seen it in mainstream media but a lot of it around social media with Poch's name being mentioned most frequently as the preferred alternative. Don't usually put much stock in this stuff but there seems to be a lot of third rate journos reporting it at the same time.

Anyone seeing a lot of stuff starting to circulate that the "hierarchy" aren't united behind Conte and some want Poch.

Haven't seen it in mainstream media but a lot of it around social media with Poch's name being mentioned most frequently as the preferred alternative. Don't usually put much stock in this stuff but there seems to be a lot of third rate journos reporting it at the same time.

I think it started from this article a couple of days ago https://www.90min.com/posts/tottenh...conte-mauricio-pochettino-remains-of-interest or at least that was the first link I saw to the 'story'

The Tottenham Hotspur hierarchy are not unanimous in their backing of Antonio Conte as contract talks continue, 90min understands.
Conte's current deal expires at the end of the season, though Spurs do retain a one-year extension clause that can be activated at any point.
Nevertheless, the club would prefer to re-negotiate a long-term contract with the Italian in order for him to reaffirm his commitment to the club.
Talks were set to take place during the World Cup break, but the two parties are yet to come to an agreement on fresh terms.
Sources have told 90min that some within the Tottenham hierarchy would prefer to go in another direction. They are wary that there is a possibility of handing Conte a huge deal but not delivering a top-four finish or a trophy this term, while he could still choose to walk away from the job even if they achieved their season goals.

It just sounds like the kind of general comment you might expect to be made when discussing internally what we might offer him, and weighing up the risks involved with any big offer.

Then there's the non-sequiteuer sentence :
Should Spurs be left to find another manager, then Mauricio Pochettino still has plenty of admirers within the club.
And hey-presto, there's the link to Poch, which isn't actually based on anything much other than (further in the article), Poch harbours a longing to return one day, and Kane and Son loving him.

All a bit tenuous, at best, imo.

Levy loves Poch, they have family dinners and stuff together, used to holiday together, they are extremely close so its likely a 2+2 = 5 story.

That said I would lay my mortgage on Poch being the next box should the Conte relationtionship sour and him be available (not saying it will or Is BTW)

Back