• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Probably several numbers, but also more than that. Wages for him, money to spend in the transfer market. But also the level of control over players we sign.

Conte may be happy with £X transfer budget, but not if that's going to be spent on young players not yet deemed ready for Conteball.

Conte has a veto on any transfer for the first team. We won't buy anyone he doesn't want.

I think so too. But beyond that there are more levels of control over what we do. Conte will want quite a lot of that control.

Exactly, it's one thing having a veto it's another going out to get players he wants as a first choice.

But that aside from what I've heard we are able to give more reassurances now. With every passing event and full Tottenham Stadium the clubs financial plans become reality and as a result I'm lead to believe each window or at least year should be stronger in the market

Exactly, it's one thing having a veto it's another going out to get players he wants as a first choice.

But that aside from what I've heard we are able to give more reassurances now. With every passing event and full Tottenham Stadium the clubs financial plans become reality and as a result I'm lead to believe each window or at least year should be stronger in the market

We were 4th biggest spenders in europe this summer (more than barca) only west ham, chelsea and utd spent more.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/e...which-teams-have-spent-most-money-this-summer

I think since moving in to the stadium we’ve been pretty competitive spenders, just need to make sure we buy the right ones like last Jan and less like the record summer of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sess, Clarke.

I think since moving in to the stadium we’ve been pretty competitive spenders, just need to make sure we buy the right ones like last Jan and less like the record summer of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sess, Clarke.

Yeh and its only going to get better with every passing year because the revenues really fire up, especially the further we get from Covid. Additionally they are keen to clear numbers from the books which will make it even better.

As conte said we can't make those kind of mistakes again.

Probably several numbers, but also more than that. Wages for him, money to spend in the transfer market. But also the level of control over players we sign.

Conte may be happy with £X transfer budget, but not if that's going to be spent on young players not yet deemed ready for Conteball.

I think so too. But beyond that there are more levels of control over what we do. Conte will want quite a lot of that control.

It's just a number because that's all Levy needs to know. Agree the budget, shake hands, let the people he pays handsomely to run the football side get on with it. It's then up to Paratici to accommodate all Contes wishes (or as many to keep him happy) while keeping an eye on his own remit.

Levy's job is to run off the field and maximise the feed in from that. He has no reason to row back on anything (or stick his nose in) as im sure Conte/Paratici have met all their performance targets so far and that in itself has swelled the budget.

FWIW...re.contract...I'd just renew the terms of the original contract he signed (length wise). 1.5 years with a 1 year option.

It's just a number because that's all Levy needs to know. Agree the budget, shake hands, let the people he pays handsomely to run the football side get on with it. It's then up to Paratici to accommodate all Contes wishes (or as many to keep him happy) while keeping an eye on his own remit.

Levy's job is to run off the field and maximise the feed in from that. He has no reason to row back on anything (or stick his nose in) as im sure Conte/Paratici have met all their performance targets so far and that in itself has swelled the budget.

FWIW...re.contract...I'd just renew the terms of the original contract he signed (length wise). 1.5 years with a 1 year option.

Nothing to do with us, but i found it interesting.

Was reading an article about juves transfers. Any deal under €25m paratici could sign off on. Anything over also required nedved aswell. Anything over €50m required agnellis. Anything over €75m required the whole board.

Can't wait to see this nutcase* up and down the touchline for us in the near future now this awful world cup business is almost out of the way - Should have got an advent calendar for notching off the days.

Looking forward to seeing how the journey progresses, only my opinion of someone else's opinion but I doubt Conte will consider it worthwhile if we just qualify for the CL and that is that, even if that will appease the finance spreadsheet fans.

*Term used endearingly

Have to feel sorry for Graham Potter, he clearly won’t have a say in transfers at Chelsea. They are already signing / trying to sign players they wanted before he was even named manager.

Have to feel sorry for Graham Potter, he clearly won’t have a say in transfers at Chelsea. They are already signing / trying to sign players they wanted before he was even named manager.

Didn't they hire all of brightons scouting personnel?
Also heard that one reason tuchel was sacked was that he just wanted to coach rather than be a bigger part of the behind the scenes including development and scouting.

Yes I really feel sorry for Potter. No coach worth his salt would want to coach a player like Nkunku. Poor guy:D…..

Yay, it's that time of year again. Transfer window on soon to open. Media/itk reports that spurs won't match contes ambition and he'll leave. Anyone else getting a bit bored or it now? Although i guess one day they'll get it right.

I love this time of the year, love the speculation but taken years to separate the crap from what I think has legs

The Conte is leaving started before he joined when they speculated, he would not join unless we matched his ambition, no doubt when he does eventually leave for whatever reason they will cite lack of board ambition, it is a joke but one thats gone on for so long now it kind of disproves itself.

That said, would love us to strengthen in Jan however unlikely that may be because of that time of year, would not mind the LB from Italy coming over early TBH, that would be interesting

Back