• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Dunno. We've seen the last two windows some fans saying conte won't be happy with the business we did. He'll walk, blah blah. Think this is just preempting it. We're not going to be getting huge name signings. The deal has to be right for the club and he's happy with that.
Why does he have to mention salaries though
No manager does that
We’re buying players but only ones with low salaries… just odd

Why does he have to mention salaries though
No manager does that
We’re buying players but only ones with low salaries… just odd

Cause we are probably be negotiating with agents about signing players and their salaries?

He never said low salaries. He said not huge salaries. We gave perisic £180k a week. That isn't low. He'd be one of the highest earners in serie a.

Also remember he was asked a question. Which he answered. He didn't oreder a press conference to say it.

Last edited:
J P-B is a diehard City fan. And we have hurt them over recent years. Starting with 1981's "...and STILL Ricky Veell-ya!...".
He is a city fan but has covered spurs for so long
I know you have issues with the athletic but all Journos will support one team or another and be quite normal

The situation with Conte has an odd feeling about it. On reputation, he’s the best manager we can get and is one of the best in the world. Results wise, he has done a phenomenal job. 4th last year was an unbelievable achievement. He has us top 4 this season and we won our CL group. That’s surpassed my expectations. And yet…

There’s something that feels not quite right. A lot of fans don’t like the style of play. The media are always hinting that he’s close to going. Noises apparently from the board that they aren’t 100% behind him. Conte himself is sometimes not convincing in his commitment. It’s like nothing fits quite right but the results are holding it together.

I don’t get it.

For me, Conte is doing an incredible job. He’s had unprecedented circumstances to deal with this season so has had to manage the squad more than he would ordinarily and that’s probably had an impact on style of play.

We should be doing everything reasonably possible to keep him in my view. Otherwise we start again with someone not quite as capable and who will need time to rebuild. The thought of that makes me a bit queasy especially when there’s no need for it.

The situation with Conte has an odd feeling about it. On reputation, he’s the best manager we can get and is one of the best in the world. Results wise, he has done a phenomenal job. 4th last year was an unbelievable achievement. He has us top 4 this season and we won our CL group. That’s surpassed my expectations. And yet…

There’s something that feels not quite right. A lot of fans don’t like the style of play. The media are always hinting that he’s close to going. Noises apparently from the board that they aren’t 100% behind him. Conte himself is sometimes not convincing in his commitment. It’s like nothing fits quite right but the results are holding it together.

I don’t get it.

For me, Conte is doing an incredible job. He’s had unprecedented circumstances to deal with this season so has had to manage the squad more than he would ordinarily and that’s probably had an impact on style of play.

We should be doing everything reasonably possible to keep him in my view. Otherwise we start again with someone not quite as capable and who will need time to rebuild. The thought of that makes me a bit queasy especially when there’s no need for it.
We are doing everything
It’s him jostling for position
He does it everywhere

I don’t get it.

At the half way point of this season it's in the balance as to how good a job he's doing (this season) tbh - last season was a great turn around and end result, this season has been so so and we need to pick things up after the break if we want to have a good season again.

If both Arsenal & Saudi Sportswashing Machine leap frog us and keep us out of the top 4 then it will be a poor season.

Last edited:

I don’t get it.

The stories of him walking out started as soon as he joined. The media are just carrying on with the narrative.
With arsenal doing well and playing well fans are going to moan. Especially as we've not looked great this season so far. They forget though arteta was given time to build his squad and get them playing as he wants. Conte needs patience.

At the half way point of this season it's in the balance as to how good a job he's doing (this season) tbh - last season was a great turn around and end result, this season has been so so and we need to pick things up after the break if we want to have a good season again.

If both Arsenal & Saudi Sportswashing Outfit leap frog us and keep us out of the top 4 then it will be a poor season.
Agree to a point, but we are in the top 4 with both of them above us and I expect us to finish ahead of Saudi Sportswashing Machine still. Who gets top 4 never stays the same season after season, so unless we were expected to title Challenge there’s no point placing much emphasis on what teams are finishing above us as to whether Conte has done a good job. If we get top 4 again, that’s a decent job done as has been demonstrated since Pochs departure it is far from a given that we should get top 4. Teams around us are still investing more financially than we do…..

Agree to a point, but we are in the top 4 with both of them above us and I expect us to finish ahead of Saudi Sportswashing Outfit still. Who gets top 4 never stays the same season after season, so unless we were expected to title Challenge there’s no point placing much emphasis on what teams are finishing above us as to whether Conte has done a good job. If we get top 4 again, that’s a decent job done as has been demonstrated since Pochs departure it is far from a given that we should get top 4. Teams around us are still investing more financially than we do…..

Only 3 teams in europe invested more financially than we did this summer.

If both Arsenal & Saudi Sportswashing Outfit leap frog us and keep us out of the top 4 then it will be a poor season.

Think he’s done well this season. It’s not been convincing but having us 4th and winning the CL group is a good effort.

I’ve said it repeatedly on here, the two managers who are the closest comparison with Conte, and they’re both better resourced, are Klopp and Potter. They have expectations around the same level, the same European commitments and don’t have the bottomless pit that City have. And Conte is outperforming them both. If he’s “so so”, then Potter and Klopp are doing poor jobs.

Think he’s done well this season. It’s not been convincing but having us 4th and winning the CL group is a good effort.

I’ve said it repeatedly on here, the two managers who are the closest comparison with Conte, and they’re both better resourced, are Klopp and Potter. They have expectations around the same level, the same European commitments and don’t have the bottomless pit that City have. And Conte is outperforming them both. If he’s “so so”, then Potter and Klopp are doing poor jobs.
Potter has been there 5 minutes
Klopp can now key his team have their PEDS so they will get better
Key for us is building on the point’s advantage we have now, which I fully expect

Potter has been there 5 minutes
Klopp can now key his team have their PEDS so they will get better
Key for us is building on the point’s advantage we have now, which I fully expect

Contes ppg is still better. You’d expect a new manager to get a bounce as well and it hasn’t really happened.

Even allowing for that, you’d say Conte did better than Tuchel/Chelsea given he still has a job.

I do not understand the rationale behind playing 3 centre backs when we do not have 3 quality players to play.

We would probably look even worse in a two, that's why. With three on the field, we concede two a game without fail. With two, it would be double figures.

If one of the two is Dier, it would be a cricket score.

if conte needs expensive players to make his game work, we are not the club for him

Poch, Mourinho, Nuno, Conte - four coaches from all possible ends of the spectrum all struggled to get a consistent tune out of this lot, because the same brick played all the time. Dier. Davies. Sanchez.

They still play now, we still struggle as a result (although Sanchez, to be fair to him, was not too bad today). No coach is going to turn this brick into a quality team relative to our opponents. We simply need better players across the field.

We would probably look even worse in a two, that's why. With three on the field, we concede two a game without fail. With two, it would be double figures.

If one of the two is Dier, it would be a cricket score.

Poch, Mourinho, Nuno, Conte - four coaches from all possible ends of the spectrum all struggled to get a consistent tune out of this lot, because the same brick played all the time. Dier. Davies. Sanchez.

They still play now, we still struggle as a result (although Sanchez, to be fair to him, was not too bad today). No coach is going to turn this brick into a quality team relative to our opponents. We simply need better players across the field.
Sanchez was good
He changed it for us
Tanganga was great or horrendous depending on the minute of the game

Back