• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

He can plead ignorant
It’s not a European football thing. It’s an Italian football thing
May mean he can’t work in Italy again anytime soon

It's a legal thing. He could possibly (although unlikely) be sent to prison. Yes he can plead innocent, doesn't mean he'll be found not guilty.

It’s Italy
They don’t send football directors to prison
Watch the doc on it on Netflix if you get time called Bad Sport
It’s comedy gold

Cheers just finished it. Dunno if it will make a difference this time as they are trying to frame it that it's financial rather than football related. Juventus being on the stock market.

But yes (shock horror) italy and it's justice system is corrupt.

Nope
He was rumoured to be going back because him and Agnelli had made up
And they have resigned because of accountancy fraud
They are fudged
You need to get listening to some better podcasts

Huh. Didn't know that, just saw they resigned. What podcasts would you recommend, mate?

New juve board to be appointed jan 18th. Can't see them selling/buying till then. They're in 3rd aswell so doubt they'll be looking for a new msnager either.

Don't think Conte would want to go to Juve if they're broke, have to sell some of their best players and don't have the money to replace them.

Cheers just finished it. Dunno if it will make a difference this time as they are trying to frame it that it's financial rather than football related. Juventus being on the stock market.

But yes (shock horror) italy and it's justice system is corrupt.
So financial is nothing to do with the DOF and his role
Scary thing is it’s Agnelli whose family is mega powerful in Italy
The documentary is great at highlighting that even though they were caught, none of them were guilty in their own heads

Last edited:
So financial is nothing to do with the DOF and his role
Scary thing is it’s Agnelli whose family is mega powerful in Italy
The documentary is great at highlighting that even though they were caught, none of them were guilty in their own heads

He was the one that made the pjanic, arthur melo deal happen at inflated fees (with hardly any actual money exchanging hands). The financial aspect is that it boosted juves turnover, which in turn boosted their share price. Now it's difficult to prove that fees are artificially inflated, unless you have wire taps and recordings of them discussing it.

He was the one that made the pjanic, arthur melo deal happen at inflated fees (with hardly any actual money exchanging hands). The financial aspect is that it boosted juves turnover, which in turn boosted their share price. Now it's difficult to prove that fees are artificially inflated, unless you have wire taps and recordings of them discussing it.
But the issue here is he didn’t pay the money or make the transaction
That would be the club directors with relevant delegation of authority
I doubt he would have that as he doesn’t sign the contracts… although stranger things have happened

It's certainly possible - in fact, Conte being crazy isn't just possible, it's likely.

But that doesn't change that the longer this situation goes on, the more it becomes an issue for us and for him. That's what I'm annoyed with - Conte waiting around is his prerogative, but the longer he winds down his contract,the more that influences the directions we go in January, and the more it injects uncertainty into our forward planning.

And in turn, that probably impacts the kinds of players we can offer him in Jan, too - it doesn't help him either. Hence, I feel like whatever his reasons, the club needs to be putting this to him - we need clarity from you if we're going to go out and tell players to commit the next four/five years of their careers to us with the carrot of playing under Antonio Conte for a part of it. Otherwise, it'll be harder to get the players you want.

Let's say by some miracle we have a shot at landing Bastoni in Jan - he hasn't played much at Inter, it's possible. One understandable question he'll have for us is if Conte will stay beyond the remaining 7-odd months. What answers do we give him?

Likewise, we will no doubt try to get Kane to commit to a contract post-WC. His stance will probably depend at least in part on whether Conte stays. But not knowing if he will or he won't will probably put those negotiations off until there is clarity on that, which just means the clock continues to tick on the 18-odd months he has left until clarity emerges.

The seeming counterproductivity of it irks me.

I've raised this point earlier but most think that a good dof in paratici would overcome issues around long term planning.
More quotes on the internet about players joining because of a coach than a dof in my opinion.
Might be true he is waiting for investments in players before committing - or could be using it as an excuse to keep things open as a shorter deal favours him.

Only way to be sure is to see ENIC splash some cash to get 1-2 young quality players this/next window. Then Conte has no choice but to respond.

I've raised this point earlier but most think that a good dof in paratici would overcome issues around long term planning.
More quotes on the internet about players joining because of a coach than a dof in my opinion.
Might be true he is waiting for investments in players before committing - or could be using it as an excuse to keep things open as a shorter deal favours him.

Only way to be sure is to see ENIC splash some cash to get 1-2 young quality players this/next window. Then Conte has no choice but to respond.

The DoF long term planning thing is more about younger players, an overall strategy of playing style and signing players that fit into that long term.

I don't think those younger players will be particularly drawn to Conte. He values experience highly and most managers, his history included, are there for the short to medium term.

For players for here and now I think it matters though. And would be good to see him sign a contract.

Conte effectively has 18months left (that we are in control of)

You still have to consider the motivations a player has to move and the importance he places on each of these. I'd bet a good few trump how long the manager has left on his contract. Plus, what is a contract to Conte? the day he wants to walk, he walks. It doesn't commit him, tie him down, instill loyalty...he's here for as long as HE wants to be.

You have to be careful with some people... they can be put on tilt just by the slightest pressure (even if you perceive it as trying to achieve something positive ie stability), Conte is a 'fall out' guy...once that's happened, you're toast', don't niggle him if he likes the situation as it is. Keep the communication channels open, read the room.

It's quite simply just a number.
if its larger player budgets than what we are used to, its going to be something new for Levy and Enic.
i think we can get smart or opportunitistic with transfer budgets, but higher wages for players is something to consider if we want to attract the best. yes there is a risk we get saddled with highly paid deadwood, but there must be ways to manage this better than we've had recently.

Back