• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

To be fair you can take whatever you want out of that. Of course Poch or whatever manager isn't going to be part of the negotiating of new contracts and the deals to buy or sell players.
It doesn't mean he didn't have any input into what players we tried to sign or sell, just not the final bit of it.

Well he goes on to list the things he considers his remit towards the end of the article, which all relates to the first team squad eg training & tactics and then says anything in other areas (tone would suggest transfers) are not his remit but the clubs.

Either way it was a strange rant at the time and hinted that there was issues behind the scenes - knowing that he was sacked shortly in to the season and that under Hitchen we continued to sign a steady stream of brick up until Paratici came in i would say it's not out of the question to suggest he was weilding more power than perhaps he deserved to have.

You do know we operated a transfer comitee right? Hitchen Levy and whoever else we're not privy to

Every club has a committee regarding transfers. It's not the 80's where a manager negotiates contracts or transfer fees. Scouts, lawyers, accountants, coaches, agents etc... will all be involved. These are multi million pound deals. If you were buying a house do you just knock on a door and say i'll give you £300k for it? Especially if it's not your money.

People not moaning about boring football and talking about how we should have got potter, would be a start.
If it’s boring it’s boring and there’s nothing wrong with saying so on this forum, in what universe would football fans not whinge about their team playing boring football? Even Stoke fans used to:DThat doesn’t mean people want Conte gone and don’t think he’s a top coach. At the games the fans are still singing his name etc so are very much behind him. But the football has been turgid all season, and I’m not sure why people shouldn’t complain that it has been….

People not moaning about boring football and talking about how we should have got potter, would be a start.

So not having or expressing an opinion if it differs from the status quo? Nah you're alright

Every club has a committee regarding transfers. It's not the 80's where a manager negotiates contracts or transfer fees. Scouts, lawyers, accountants, coaches, agents etc... will all be involved. These are multi million pound deals. If you were buying a house do you just knock on a door and say i'll give you £300k for it? Especially if it's not your money.

Well yeah, i know the relevance of transfer comitees/departments - i wasn't the one questioning who could have been responsible for signing players other than the manager at the time...

If it’s boring it’s boring and there’s nothing wrong with saying so on this forum, in what universe would football fans not whinge about their team playing boring football? Even Stoke fans used to:DThat doesn’t mean people want Conte gone and don’t think he’s a top coach. At the games the fans are still singing his name etc so are very much behind him. But the football has been turgid all season, and I’m not sure why people shouldn’t complain that it has been….
i honestly think grumbles on forums like this filter over in to the subconscious of the match going crowd and that creates negativity.

i honestly think grumbles on forums like this filter over in to the subconscious of the match going crowd and that creates negativity.

Nah, forums are just a bit of a barometer for the feelings of the wider fanbase - so if there are grumbles online the wider fanbase are likely to be having the same thoughts concerns anyway

Yep
And poch was on that committee
Being a member of the committee does not mean he had overall say so. If there were say 4 members and the other three agreed on a transfer he may well have gone along with a transfer. That does not necessarily mean that was his actual ideal choice. We've seen the very same this summer with Spence. Conte has made it very clear that Spence is not his signing but is instead a club one. This is from a coach who has built a reputation of not accepting undue outside interference. Imagine how it played out for Poch, someone who is much more malleable and winning to work within constraints.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Nah, forums are just a bit of a barometer for the feelings of the wider fanbase - so if there are grumbles online the wider fanbase are likely to be having the same thoughts concerns anyway

Disagree totally. Nature of online talk is very different to grumble on a terrace or pub. They are permanent. An off the cuff moan in a pub is forgotten in seconds. On a forum it is read and reread, causing discussion and debate. Which can get heated that pushes people further and further to extremes when making their arguments.

Being a member of the committee does not mean he had overall say so. If there were say 4 members and the other three agreed on a transfer he may well have gone along with a transfer. That does not necessarily mean that was his actual ideal choice. We've seen the very same this summer with Spence. Conte has made it very clear that Spence is not his signing but is instead a club one. This is from a coach who has built a reputation of not accepting undue outside interference. Imagine how it played out for Poch, someone who is much more malleable and winning to work within constraints.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The chairman of the club will always have the overall say so on a transfer. Wether that club is city or wrexham. They control the money.

Disagree totally. Nature of online talk is very different to grumble on a terrace or pub. They are permanent. An off the cuff moan in a pub is forgotten in seconds. On a forum it is read and reread, causing discussion and debate. Which can get heated that pushes people further and further to extremes when making their arguments.

I mean sure there are differences but i don't think online mood sways the mood on the terraces in the way that was suggested.

From some of thd comments over the years, it seems some people think levy is picking players while playing fm or something. He was one of the first chairmen to bring in a dof with arnesen. To oversee the football side, while he looked after the buisiness side. Comoli, baldini, hitchinsen, mitchel, paratici, pleat... all advisers on football matters. Some with more power than others, largely due to the coach/manager at the time.

The manager is important and he will have a say in what is needed. But the majority aren't a fergy or wenger and will be gone in a couple of years. So there has to be longer term planning and a need to buy "club players". But the club will not buy a player the manager does not want. As it would be a waste of money. There has to be compromise.

Back