• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Might have been just coincidence but it was the Super League announcement week too wasn't it.
we were the only one to sack the manager.
higher chance that levy didn't want mourinho to win the cup by sacrificing league positions... but no one can be sure except levy and JM. JM spoke about broken promises but was swiftly silenced, probably with gag order or non disclosure agreement of some sort.
also levy broke poch with two no-transfer windows, so it could be for the good of the club, but levy clearly values the finances more than any manager.

higher chance that levy didn't want mourinho to win the cup by sacrificing league positions... but no one can be sure except levy and JM. JM spoke about broken promises but was swiftly silenced, probably with gag order or non disclosure agreement of some sort.
also levy broke poch with two no-transfer windows, so it could be for the good of the club, but levy clearly values the finances more than any manager.
It baffles me that people actually believe this stuff.

The manager was offered players, but he didn’t fancy them, Tielmans being one high profile one. Were the players of a standard that Poch wanted? Probably not, but we were in the middle of a stadium build, you can’t buy Messi or Mbappe in the middle of that. A bit of common sense was needed, all round.

Levy’s biggest mistake was not insisting on director of football during that period despite what the manager wanted.

The manager was offered players, but he didn’t fancy them, Tielmans being one high profile one. Were the players of a standard that Poch wanted? Probably not, but we were in the middle of a stadium build, you can’t buy Messi or Mbappe in the middle of that. A bit of common sense was needed, all round.

Levy’s biggest mistake was not insisting on director of football during that period despite what the manager wanted.

When we did get the players he wanted they were brick. Ndombele and lo celso.

When we did get the players he wanted they were brick. Ndombele and lo celso.

What makes you think they were his choices?

Given he publicly said he didn't have any say in transfers after the window closed I'm not sure it's a given they were.

My biggest regret with Poch, was we couldn't afford top shelf because of the stadium, and the way he wants to train and play burns players out, so we needed to overhaul the squad. Why didn't he get more youth in from the championship and our reserves, after all, that's what he'd built the team on originally? There may have been a dip before a rise, but Liverpool have been happy to do that with Klopp. Also, I really can't believe Levy bought Ndombele and Lo Celso despite Poch saying I don't want them. I can believe he's bought youngsters that the manager's haven't wanted, as part of quasi director of football type investments, but not big money on 'proven' players - we're talking about penny pinching Levy here!

Last edited:
What makes you think they were his choices?

Given he publicly said he didn't have any say in transfers after the window closed I'm not sure it's a given they were.

Because he had a veto on transfers which he used for tielemans and that. Hence us not buying players for 2 windows. Levy said he was offered players but refused.
Also the fact that we grossly overpaid for ndombele (wages more than transfer fee). Which is the opposite of levy.

Because he had a veto on transfers which he used for tielemans and that. Hence us not buying players for 2 windows. Levy said he was offered players but refused.
Also the fact that we grossly overpaid for ndombele (wages more than transfer fee). Which is the opposite of levy.

So why do you think he was saying he didn't have a say in transfers at this point? Seems a strange thing to say if the club has just spent big on your targets - even stranger to say publicly that the clubs record signing was 2 years from being up to the level required.

So why do you think he was saying he didn't have a say in transfers at this point? Seems a strange thing to say if the club has just spent big on your targets - even stranger to say publicly that the clubs record signing was 2 years from being up to the level required.
Poch flipped and flipped one why his role and responsibilities were

Because he might have wanted players the club felt were financially unobtainable.

Ally gold has said the manager has a veto. That doesn't mean they can buy who they want. They'll say what they think they need (roles/positions). Then they'll be offered players, they then choose.

Pleat said the same.

I hope he values the clubs finances more than any manager. If he didn't it would be gross negligence of his duties.

Because he might have wanted players the club felt were financially unobtainable.

Ally gold has said the manager has a veto. That doesn't mean they can buy who they want. They'll say what they think they need (roles/positions). Then they'll be offered players, they then choose.

Pleat said the same.

Having a veto doesn't make a signing the managers choice, see Spence for a recent example.

He changed his role and title several times during his time here in press conferences

Did he? I know he went from head coach to manager offically with a change in contract and then in his last summer complained that he should be changed back to head coach but other than that?

Not sure how it would take anything away from my point anyway. We operated with a transfer comitee and unless there's any concrete proof of a manager wanting a specific player it's up in the air as to who the signing should be attributed to - hence why lillbaz comment needed pulling up, imo

Did he? I know he went from head coach to manager offically with a change in contract and then in his last summer complained that he should be changed back to head coach but other than that?
Yep he did
And then as you say he started publicly changing his title for bricks and giggles
Was weird and actually undermined himself

Yep he did
And then as you say he started publicly changing his title for bricks and giggles
Was weird and actually undermined himself

No what i said was in one specific instance he said his job title didn't match his actual responsibilities, not for bricks & giggles but to make a grievance he had with things public - got no idea or recollection of this being a running theme throughout his time. Will take a look if you can provide some links that show what you're talking about

No what i said was in one specific instance he said his job title didn't match his actual responsibilities, not for bricks & giggles but to make a grievance he had with things public - got no idea or recollection of this being a running theme throughout his time. Will take a look if you can provide some links that show what you're talking about
Yeah he was undermining himself though
Was stupid to him to publicly do that
Showed a lack of experience

Yeah he was undermining himself though
Was stupid to him to publicly do that
Showed a lack of experience

Really? Every time we appoint or are linked to a big name experienced manager one of the things that gets said is that they won't take Levys brick and call him out if they don't like it

Really? Every time we appoint or are linked to a big name experienced manager one of the things that gets said is that they won't take Levys brick and call him out if they don't like it
That’s why they appointed an inexperienced manager in Poch
But in that moment he acted like he knew better… and didn’t
Poch wasn’t calling anyone out as he didn’t put a name on his issues. He came across really weak IMO and underlined himself which was not his normal style
If it was conte or Jose it would still get ignored as it’s what they do all the time
Managers or managers who wanna call themselves a coach afterwards should be smarter in their pressers

Back