• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

What does fully getting behind him look like in comparison to how much you think we currently are?

It was an overall comment based on what I have seen across various platforms the last few weeks (which as we sadly know make disproportionate noise these days).

I think we need (as a fan base) to -

1) listen to him. He said in August we are three windows away from where he wants us. I don't think we listened.

2) remember what a bizarre season this is and what we have to manage.

3) remember that in this bizarre season we have next to no time for proper training and tactics (it is, as I know you know mate, all recovery)

4) appreciate more the job his is doing with what he has

5) appreciate that he has a certain philosophy in play style, and that does not always line-up with what we think it should be

6) wherever possible really help push the team through matches

I am not saying criticism is in valid (I think we can all agree Wed was pooooor) but keeping it proportionate would be helpful.

FWIW, Saudi Sportswashing Machine have lost one game all season. That is not defeatist in any way, I think we should win regardless, but I guarantee many have not gone near that.

Good chatting (well, writing) with you mate

Last edited:
From some of thd comments over the years, it seems some people think levy is picking players while playing fm or something. He was one of the first chairmen to bring in a dof with arnesen. To oversee the football side, while he looked after the buisiness side. Comoli, baldini, hitchinsen, mitchel, paratici, pleat... all advisers on football matters. Some with more power than others, largely due to the coach/manager at the time.

The manager is important and he will have a say in what is needed. But the majority aren't a fergy or wenger and will be gone in a couple of years. So there has to be longer term planning and a need to buy "club players". But the club will not buy a player the manager does not want. As it would be a waste of money. There has to be compromise.
The general rule is…
If a player is good it’s a manager signing
A player is bad it’s the chairman’s signing
Would explain why levy knows nothing about football of course

It was an overall comment based on what I have seen across various platforms the last few weeks (which as we sadly know make disproportionate noise these days).

I think we need (as a fan base) to -

1) listen to him. He said in August we are three windows away from where he wants us. I don't think we listened.

2) remember what a bizarre season this is and what we have to manage.

3) remember that in this bizarre season we have next to no time for proper training and tactics (it is, as I know you know mate, all recovery)

4) appreciate more the job his is doing with what he has

5) appreciate that he has a certain philosophy in play style, and that does not always line-up with what we think it should be

6) wherever possible really help push the team through matches

I am not saying criticism is in valid (I think we can all agree Wed was pooooor) but keeping it proportionate would be helpful.

FWIW, Saudi Sportswashing Outfit have lost one game all season. That is not defeatist in any way, I think we should win regardless, but I guarantee many have not gone near that.

Good 'chatting' with you mate
Have they only lost 1… but then they haven’t played anyone away with hole form like we have which is key IMO (their home form is great)

You seem to be misunderstanding me - I'm not calling him in to question I'm just disagreeing with the initial post that implied that because he was the biggest name manager we could attract on paper that meant he was the best man for the job.

Ah ok fair enough. I do think some of our fans need to get over themselves when it comes to this demand for playing nice football. Through our history, we’ve been a team that occasionally nicks the odd trophy but doesn’t produce title winning teams. No one wants to watch boring football but I don’t want champagne football at the expense of winning things. Poch came closest in my lifetime to producing teams that were good to watch but were also practical and pragmatic. He couldn’t get us over the line, not all his fault. Conte can win us trophies if we back him consistently, I do believe that. Might not always be easy on the eye but I’ll happily sacrifice playing good football for winning trophies. Of course it does suck royally if we play crap football and aren’t successful in terms of top 4 finishes and most importantly, winning silverware.

I agree with that, but it helps set a tone for the media to bludgeon mainstream with bricky lazy narratives.

People also get gaslighted. They'll believe what they want to be true or fear to be true. If it's said enough online/media that conte isn't a good manager, some people will start believing it. Best start to a season in almost 60 years yet people are questioning him. Yes it isn't as exciting football as city or arsenal. But we are up there with chances created and goals scored. Which for me is the exciting bit of football, not passing it side to side and backwards.

People also get gaslighted. They'll believe what they want to be true or fear to be true. If it's said enough online/media that conte isn't a good manager, some people will start believing it. Best start to a season in almost 60 years yet people are questioning him. Yes it isn't as exciting football as city or arsenal. But we are up there with chances created and goals scored. Which for me is the exciting bit of football, not passing it side to side and backwards.

Agree totally with world gaslighting issue. Look what it has done to politics!

Word.

If it’s boring it’s boring and there’s nothing wrong with saying so on this forum, in what universe would football fans not whinge about their team playing boring football? Even Stoke fans used to:DThat doesn’t mean people want Conte gone and don’t think he’s a top coach. At the games the fans are still singing his name etc so are very much behind him. But the football has been turgid all season, and I’m not sure why people shouldn’t complain that it has been….

I think its different moaning in here in more or less closed environment than say booing in the stadium or abusing players, the manager or even the chairman on social media.

I think its different moaning in here in more or less closed environment than say booing in the stadium or abusing players, the manager or even the chairman on social media.

But it's not a closed environment. It's a public forum. That the club will monitor. Potential sponsors/investors may monitor aswell.

Last edited:
It baffles me that people actually believe this stuff.

The manager was offered players, but he didn’t fancy them, Tielmans being one high profile one. Were the players of a standard that Poch wanted? Probably not, but we were in the middle of a stadium build, you can’t buy Messi or Mbappe in the middle of that. A bit of common sense was needed, all round.

Levy’s biggest mistake was not insisting on director of football during that period despite what the manager wanted.

as far as i know they are all rumours, has anyone come up to say poch decline or why he declined the offer(s) ? we also don't what happened on the sell side discussions.
what's real are the windows that went without transfers. we can speculate as much as we want, but i'd say its probably not a manager declining players.

Poch was stupid with his comment
He had a huge say in transfers yet in that moment implied he hadn’t
We had ex players and managers even commenting on who he rejected. He undermined himself because he was in his own with his comments

No one can be sure what happened in the discussions. Perhaps Poch did get to choose his players but did he have any say in the wage structure?
Either way, I doubt Poch got what he wanted at Spurs - he wa soooo mooooody at the end, everyone knew he wanted to leave.

But it's not a closed environment. It's a public forum. That the club will monitor. Potential sponsors/investors may monitor aswell.

Its public, but we don't exactly have a high profile, and from what I've seen of other forums we are a bunch of happy clapping fan boys.

No one can be sure what happened in the discussions. Perhaps Poch did get to choose his players but did he have any say in the wage structure?
Either way, I doubt Poch got what he wanted at Spurs - he wa soooo mooooody at the end, everyone knew he wanted to leave.
No idea
We do know we pay Tanguy incredible wages and Poch was manager when he signed.
I think Poch got what he wanted but his mods was because he didn’t know how to change things. There was a fix with his coaching staff that he never explored… change a coach and get some fresh voices in like every top manager has done

as far as i know they are all rumours, has anyone come up to say poch decline or why he declined the offer(s) ? we also don't what happened on the sell side discussions.
what's real are the windows that went without transfers. we can speculate as much as we want, but i'd say its probably not a manager declining players.
They were confirmed by ex spurs staff and managers at the time. People with no skin the game.

I mean sure there are differences but i don't think online mood sways the mood on the terraces in the way that was suggested.

Interesting debate this and I agree with the above.

Reason being, because I am sad, I followed the enic out campaign from a perspective where I took real interest in the fan behavior (comes with the old sociology studies) and from that as an example there was a huge online presence on twitter, podcasts and youtube, TBF there still is. Now when I searched the hashtags there was literally thousands of unique users carrying Enic or Levy out suggesting a real movement, but how did that translate to the terraces or real action? In reality it didnt, yes there was 350 fans during lockdown who protested the whole super league under the banner enic out but the follow up protest was frankly poor and attended by 12 fans and I have witnessed enic out chants in the ground once or twice max, there is no appetite for it despite a large online presence. So like you I feel the whole online to reality claims are overplayed slightly.

If that's true we'd have a record breaking naming deal for the Birds Custard Stadium...although this may he why we see yellow gracing our kits most recent seasons...

Back