• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

If you said a bigger name manager then I'd be inclined to agree, but bigger name doesn't equate to being a better manager or being able to do the best job at any given club.

Is there anyone out there who you think would be better fit for us than Conte? Don’t you think we need to give Conte a bit more time before we fully judge? He got top 4 last season when pretty much no one thought we would.

What makes you think they were his choices?

Given he publicly said he didn't have any say in transfers after the window closed I'm not sure it's a given they were.

Pretty sure with Ndombele it was said Poch had phoned him to convince him to join, so that would fit with him wanting the player.
Can't remember the story around Lo Celso's joining except he wasn't Fernandes

That’s why they appointed an inexperienced manager in Poch
But in that moment he acted like he knew better… and didn’t
Poch wasn’t calling anyone out as he didn’t put a name on his issues. He came across really weak IMO and underlined himself which was not his normal style
If it was conte or Jose it would still get ignored as it’s what they do all the time
Managers or managers who wanna call themselves a coach afterwards should be smarter in their pressers

I don't understand your take here at all.

Thought he knew better? Than what/who - what do you mean here?

Going by what was said he wasn't happy with his input on transfers and felt he wasn't being listened to, i don't know how your post relates to any of that.

I don't understand your take here at all.

Thought he knew better? Than what/who - what do you mean here?

Going by what was said he wasn't happy with his input on transfers snd felt he wasn't being listened to, i don't know how your post relates to that.

It
Poch was stupid with his comment
He had a huge say in transfers yet in that moment implied he hadn’t
We had ex players and managers even commenting on who he rejected. He undermined himself because he was in his own with his comments

Poch was stupid with his comment
He had a huge say in transfers yet in that moment implied he hadn’t
We had ex players and managers even commenting on who he rejected. He undermined himself because he was in his own with his comments

Prior to that summer we had some stuff about Tielemens being rejected - not sure why you think that means over time that his position/influence couldn't have been weakened to a point that he felt marginalised on transfers.

Is there anyone out there who you think would be better fit for us than Conte? Don’t you think we need to give Conte a bit more time before we fully judge? He got top 4 last season when pretty much no one thought we would.

You seem to be misunderstanding me - I'm not calling him in to question I'm just disagreeing with the initial post that implied that because he was the biggest name manager we could attract on paper that meant he was the best man for the job.

Prior to that summer we had some stuff about Tielemens being rejected - not sure why you think that means over time that his position/influence couldn't have been weakened to a point that he felt marginalised on transfers.
He felt what he felt
Chirping publicly was just daft

United have pressed Cheatski back all game, Cheatski cannot string their game together.
So Conte just took off Cucurella and went to a back 4 on 35 minutes.

Having a veto doesn't make a signing the managers choice, see Spence for a recent example.

Agreed. Although it does mean that if he didn't want them they wouldn't have been bought.

I am only speculating on ndombele and lo celso (based on rumours). But after the media and fan backlash of us not buying players, i believe levy went out and got players that poch wanted. Overpaying in the process. The ndombele deal just seems totally un levy like.

I might be wrong.

Agreed. Although it does mean that if he didn't want them they wouldn't have been bought.

I am only speculating on ndombele and lo celso (based on rumours). But after the media and fan backlash of us not buying players, i believe levy went out and got players that poch wanted. Overpaying in the process. The ndombele deal just seems totally un levy like.

I might be wrong.
Course he did
Ndomebele was a great signing. It’s the player that’s the issue not signing him. It’s impossible to know if a player has all the right attributes before hand but no one said a negative thing when we signed him, not one. After the event though…. Lots of smart people knew better

United have pressed Cheatski back all game, Cheatski cannot string their game together.
So Conte just took off Cucurella and went to a back 4 on 35 minutes.
Potter did
But he does have a very flexible squad who have played multiple systems
And he is also a super flexible coach… I think he is the second best in the league and could be the best (hard to tell without backing)

I might be wrong.

I just don't see a world in which a manager makes the comments he did if the club went out and got him his targets - anyway bit of a circular argument at this stage.

I just don't see a world in which a manager makes the comments he did if the club went out and got him his targets - anyway bit of a circular argument at this stage.
Whose were they then?
I mean they were to replace gaping holes we had for poch system and everyone was IMO the right player at the time

Back