• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

What foundation did Jose put in? You watch the Palace game or the Wolves game under Jose and you see the difference with Conte. In both of those games, we got ahead and we packed the defence and offered absolutely no threat. We drew both 1-1.

You watch, say, the Liverpool game where they beat us 1-0. Jose effectively played a back 6 until the last 20 minutes.

There is little of no similarity to how we play now. Conte has a system. Jose had bodies behind the ball and relied on moments of brilliance from our forwards.

This....all this

Yeh I would like Conte to explore other players more and I moan we haven't fired on all cylinders but they are picking holes somewhat. Being beaten by team whose manager was in jail....Conte would have to go some to get to that similarity

This....all this

Yeh I would like Conte to explore other players more and I moan we haven't fired on all cylinders but they are picking holes somewhat. Being beaten by team whose manager was in jail....Conte would have to go some to get to that similarity
Jose was on the downward slide when we finally got him. And even when he was at the top of his game he was a cnut. Conte is still close to his best, and while he’s hard as nails and unforgiving, he doesn’t have the attitude of being an cnut. And the playas seem to be gelling to his system.

The balance of the squad that Conte has at his disposal is superior to the one Jose had imho. For me Conte is doing well but needs to improve our performances against our London rivals, especially away from home.

Disagree. Jose played low block pretty much every game. Conte mixed it up a bit more with mid block and the odd bit of situational pressing. Conte also gets both full backs a lot higher.
Subtle differences but overall a similar intent. Conte does it better but on the spectrum of plaging systems what Jose tried to implement and what Conte has implemented are closer than they are far apart.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

What foundation did Jose put in? You watch the Palace game or the Wolves game under Jose and you see the difference with Conte. In both of those games, we got ahead and we packed the defence and offered absolutely no threat. We drew both 1-1.

You watch, say, the Liverpool game where they beat us 1-0. Jose effectively played a back 6 until the last 20 minutes.

There is little of no similarity to how we play now. Conte has a system. Jose had bodies behind the ball and relied on moments of brilliance from our forwards.

Mental foundations. A few players have credited him with changing their attitudes, Son, Kane, Dier.

Disagree. Jose played low block pretty much every game. Conte mixed it up a bit more with mid block and the odd bit of situational pressing. Conte also gets both full backs a lot higher.

I’m not sure he does, under Jose, Reguilon was regularly bombing on, scored goals and had a lot of chances.

I remember Doherty overlapping Bale a fair bit too.

The two systems are in the same envelope.

Mental foundations. A few players have credited him with changing their attitudes, Son, Kane, Dier.

I’m not sure he does, under Jose, Reguilon was regularly bombing on, scored goals and had a lot of chances.

I remember Doherty overlapping Bale a fair bit too.

The two systems are in the same envelope.

Reggie only every scored two goals for us both under Conte I think so I think you are giving Jose too much credit

As someone else says above, Conte is also not a massive Cnut, too many games we just sat back against rubbish, remember Fulham vividly who were much better than us and he came on tele saying "best team lost" he was just full of shoite

Reggie only every scored two goals for us both under Conte I think so I think you are giving Jose too much credit

As someone else says above, Conte is also not a massive Cnut, too many games we just sat back against rubbish, remember Fulham vividly who were much better than us and he came on tele saying "best team lost" he was just full of shoite
Reggie didn't score many because he's not a scorer, it's not his instinct. That doesn't change that yes he was indeed bombing up and down the wing for Jose. Conte's system gets him closer to goal and in more goal scoring positions.

Reggie didn't score many because he's not a scorer, it's not his instinct. That doesn't change that yes he was indeed bombing up and down the wing for Jose. Conte's system gets him closer to goal and in more goal scoring positions.

I was addressing the claim he scoring goals under Jose. Our back line generally plays higher and we have a more attacking instinct under Conte, it might be subtle but its there though and we would not now just sit back against those Palace, Brighton, Burnley (1-0 1 shot), Fulham and WBA which are games that stand out from 2020-2021. It was also clear from when he left that when Mason took over and Bale played and scored that there was an issue with playing three attackers, backed up by the fact that Bale exploded, and Masons record for his time of that season was better than Jose. Jose was a more low block sit back and don't lose first manager and a right old miserable git with it

Anyone else notice that todays game was actually Contes 38th league game in charge of Spurs?

So a full league season, that has yielded 24 wins, 7 draws, 7 defeats and 79 points.

This is absolutely fantastic. Remember the state, we were in when he took over from Nuno. We were an absolute mess in those last games of his reign.

And this season; 23 points from 10 games. Best start to a season since 1963.

The football might not always be the most entertaining, but no Spurs fans can question the results.

Great post and i could not agree more. I know there are still a few fans who complain we are boring and the football is brick but its not a overnight job to turn us around from where we were when Conte came in. There is a old saying that " Rome was not built in a day" and it does take time for a struggling side ( which we have been for quite a while) to turn around and become a challenger for the top spots.

We are well on our way and Conte is showing us ( so far) that he is the man to do it, lets hope that it comes quickly but imo we are on the right road and enjoying the ride.

I would really like to see 4 at the back. We need extra help in midfield but not at the expense of an attacker.
We'd probably concede a few more but we'd surely have a bit more entertainment.
You give the opposition twice as much possession and three times as many shots, then chances are they're going to win.

We constantly let teams play their way into confidence by letting them have the ball.

We have to be prefect everytime we attack or we're not scoring.

I think the chance of us winning something is very slim whilst there are oil state backed clubs with unlimited budgets.
So, with the exceptance that winning something will be a miracle, I'd love to see some entertaining football that I'm proud to watch.
This is Mourinho with a couple of better players and a stronger defence.

4-2-3-1 - it worked well for us in the past.

.............................Lloris............................
Royal.........Romero...............Dier............Davies
................Bentancur...........PEH...................
Kulu......................Son........................Perisic
.........................Kane................................

I would really like to see 4 at the back. We need extra help in midfield but not at the expense of an attacker.
We'd probably concede a few more but we'd surely have a bit more entertainment.
You give the opposition twice as much possession and three times as many shots, then chances are they're going to win.

We constantly let teams play their way into confidence by letting them have the ball.

We have to be prefect everytime we attack or we're not scoring.
The formation doesn't matter, it's the intent, we'd be just as defensive with a back 4. The two WBs at the moment don't give enough. They need to be further forward.
I don't know if Spence is the solution but he should get game time to see if he can give us more going forward. The midfield definitely isn't going to give it.

The formation doesn't matter, it's the intent, we'd be just as defensive with a back 4. The two WBs at the moment don't give enough. They need to be further forward.
I don't know if Spence is the solution but he should get game time to see if he can give us more going forward. The midfield definitely isn't going to give it.
They can’t get forward of the midfield don’t keep the ball to allow them to move
There was several times where Doherty ran and we lost the ball leaving him out of position
That game was lost in the centre of the park

Conte can fudge right off. I've given him the benefit of the doubt, but that's gone now! Just sitting back and defending has sort of worked, because we've played teams that weren't very good, but when you allow good teams with good players to have 20+ attempts in 45 minutes from decent positions, it's not going to end well! It works against lesser sides with lesser players, but we should be all over those teams regardless! This is worse than Mourinho because with him, at least we attacked until we scored, and then sat back.
Now we just hand over the initiative to everyone, right from the get go!
I'm fed up with it!

He wouldn't,. He'd be asked to play a certain way, and it would only be worse, because he'd have to play mostly in a way that isn't his strength.

I think the chance of us winning something is very slim whilst there are oil state backed clubs with unlimited budgets.
So, with the exceptance that winning something will be a miracle, I'd love to see some entertaining football that I'm proud to watch.
This is Mourinho with a couple of better players and a stronger defence.

A win tonight or a good performance in light of the result would have gone a long way to show we were on the right path but I'm losing faith big time now - i think the best we're looking at under him is scraping top 4 whilst playing brick negative boring football.

Fair play to him he can argue he is getting the results to achieve that (currently) which Mourinho couldn't, but it's jist as ugly.

Not for me at 1k a year season ticket prices

Back