• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

So we got a good coach who realises we have worse players than arsenal so played defensive as weaker team would.

Which implies that ... Arsenal had a better transfer season than us, since many said they were a weak team last season.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

That's not what's being said at all. I turned on the tv at around 12:15 and The Emirates was rocking. Absolutely rocking. In that environment, they were always going to come out of the traps fast. It would have been nuts to try and attack them. To me, end of the first half, they looked a little naive and inexperienced and we looked like the game plan was working. I don't normally go in for blaming a player or two for a defeat but in this instance, Hugo and Royal absolutely fudged us. Responsibility sits squarely on their shoulders for that defeat.

I wouldn’t be sad if he decides to fudge off at the end of his contract. I would rather be entertained watching us and win nothing than play this brick and win an FA cup.

Starting to see some serious questioning of Conte since Saturday along the “it feels like Mourinho or AvB again” line of thinking.

What this fella has done since coming into the club is first class. He got us top 4 when we looked an absolute shambles. We’ve lost 1 league game in 8 (13 if you include last season). This guy is the real deal. He’s open to criticism for decisions like everyone but his position is beyond question for me.

Im flabbergasted by some of the stuff I’m reading online (not much here besides @Yiddo to be fair).

Starting to see some serious questioning of Conte since Saturday along the “it feels like Mourinho or AvB again” line of thinking.

What this fella has done since coming into the club is first class. He got us top 4 when we looked an absolute shambles. We’ve lost 1 league game in 8 (13 if you include last season). This guy is the real deal. He’s open to criticism for decisions like everyone but his position is beyond question for me.

Im flabbergasted by some of the stuff I’m reading online (not much here besides @Yiddo to be fair).
It’s there because our fans are obsessed with style over substance. It’s why we don’t win things
I’ve heard a lot of fans complain about their clubs style, sack the coach and then Get worse
Contes style isn’t going to change to suit fans complaining that we are getting results but it’s not pretty

No one wants to watch brick football week in week out - I'm not going to hold that against people who aren't happy with what they are seeing, however i don't think they're taking much (if any) perspective in to account when looking at things currently.

No one wants to watch brick football week in week out - I'm not going to hold that against people who aren't happy with what they are seeing, however i don't think they're taking much (if any) perspective in to account when looking at things currently.
Why have perspective when you have a result to analyse

I honestly don’t see it as brick football. Did I enjoy watching Poch’s team more? Yeah I did.

However, I’ve never seen us as organised and solid. I grew up on Tottenham teams who would give up bizarre and stupid goals in games we dominated. This side won’t do that on a regular basis.

Bentancur is a joy to watch. We have a front 4 who are frighteningly good when they hit a bit of form. It’s not Pep football, it’s not Klopps heavy metal pressing but it’s also not Mourinho-ball where we just get every single body behind a ball or AvB-ball where we try to bore the opposition into defeat.

Everyone raves about the great Milan side of the 90s. I watched a fair bit of them. They could be a hard watch at times and their success was built on defensive solidity with Tasotti, Costacurta, Baresi and Maldini. They were one of the greatest sides of all time.

It isn’t “the Tottenham way” but it’s not brick football IMO.

I'm not saying it is, but it's subjective and if other people don't like what they are seeing then I'm not going to tell them they are wrong.

Yeah that's fair enough. But if you're gonna call it brick football, you have to ask those people what they want or expect. I don't think there are many other managers in world football who could have turned the Nuno mess into CL football last season.

If you want entertaining, attacking football and success, who can realistically deliver that? I usually find, you'll get faddy names like Rangnick, Nagelsmann and Potter when you ask that question. Rangnick, and it wasn't all his own fault, couldn't have done a worse job at Man U, Nagelsmann is taking a lot of brick at Munich and Potter is still very much unknown at this level. The next 2-3 years will tell a lot.

In my view, we have the best manager we can realistically get if we want success.

I wouldn’t be sad if he decides to fudge off at the end of his contract. I would rather be entertained watching us and win nothing than play this brick and win an FA cup.
Depends who we get in next.
Nagelsmann...probably yes, Mason....definitely no.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Yeah that's fair enough. But if you're gonna call it brick football, you have to ask those people what they want or expect. I don't think there are many other managers in world football who could have turned the Nuno mess into CL football last season.

If you want entertaining, attacking football and success, who can realistically deliver that? I usually find, you'll get faddy names like Rangnick, Nagelsmann and Potter when you ask that question. Rangnick, and it wasn't all his own fault, couldn't have done a worse job at Man U, Nagelsmann is taking a lot of brick at Munich and Potter is still very much unknown at this level. The next 2-3 years will tell a lot.

In my view, we have the best manager we can realistically get if we want success.

I think everyone is going to be fighting over Man Citys scraps for the foreseeable so success with Conte might not anount to much in the grand scheme of things.

Not sure what posts you are judging that on so apologies for the guess work here but I do think there might be an element, like with me where if its good you call it good and when its brick you call it brick. I have said I love Conte and he is a great manager but he is not bullet proof in terms of when he gets it wrong. No agenda with that, just think when things are as poor as Saturday you may have to suffer a day or two of those venting till the next game, then like my reactive views its then chip paper (unless they are brick again haha)

I think everyone is going to be fighting over Man Citys scraps for the foreseeable so success with Conte might not anount to much in the grand scheme of things.

I think people are awarding them the title a bit early. They’re vulnerable defensively. If Haaland or possibly de Bruyne gets an injury all bets are off. Clutching at straws maybe but as long as it’s us and not Arsenal in position to take advantage if something strange happens.

Just need to make sure that we are there if/when they have a blip. KDB is 31 and will hopefully start declining in the next couple of years, Pep isn't going to stay there forever, so hopefully those two things could see a drop off, even if temporary.

Not sure what posts you are judging that on so apologies for the guess work here but I do think there might be an element, like with me where if its good you call it good and when its brick you call it brick. I have said I love Conte and he is a great manager but he is not bullet proof in terms of when he gets it wrong. No agenda with that, just think when things are as poor as Saturday you may have to suffer a day or two of those venting till the next game, then like my reactive views its then chip paper (unless they are brick again haha)

Haha venting is grand. I was fudging fuming on Saturday. Could have kicked fudge out of Lloris and Royal (although I wouldn't beat snow of a rope in reality).

It's some people posting that Conte's brand of football is brick/limited/too defensive rather than having a go at Saturday's performance. There's been a bit of it on here and a lot on other sites/social media. Criticising performances is fair enough, I can live with that even if I disagree. There was another poster here, may have been you, where we saw Saturday's game differently and both outlined our positions and both viewpoints are as valid as each other really.

But it's the people doubting Conte as our manager because "the football is brick" that I can't get my head around.

Just need to make sure that we are there if/when they have a blip. KDB is 31 and will hopefully start declining in the next couple of years, Pep isn't going to stay there forever, so hopefully those two things could see a drop off, even if temporary.

In the medium to long term there's reason to think they will drop back a level or two to that of the chasing pack but in the short term, the sort of time we can expect Conte to be around at Spurs, it's looking likely they are going to maintain/improve on the level that they have been at over the last few seasons.

Back