• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Lol. He signed an 18 month contract. Why the fudge would there be a clause to leave after 6 months?

I guess if that was the only way to get him to sign we may have agreed to that?

Regardless. Pochettino looks destined to leave, PSG are a massive club and Conte is one of the best managers around that may or may not be available. There will be links and speculations. Quite likely there will be an approach from PSG.

I'd do a straight swap at this point in time. For all he's an improvement on the last two jokers, we are still a pretty joyless affair at the moment. I'd love some Poch warmth, possession football and high pressing back.

Not for me. Another restart to the rebuild, again trying to implement a new style of play. Not sure Kane and Son are even capable of pressing like they once did. Also think it's a bit too soon still. Too many of the old guard, his mates, still around.

If Conte leaves Pochettino will obviously be high up the list if available. But not something I would want us to actively pursue as a swap.

Not his team nor his players, let’s see where we are with his players.

The fact he’s shown he just about trusts 11 of the squad shows where we are and how a man who knows how to win the PL thinks of the players we have.
That is a poor excuse. He has to work with what he has got which isn't bad at all. Yeah he is short of a couple of players but which of our recent managers haven't been? Start by getting us top 4 or 5, that is attainable and there should be no excuses.

That is a poor excuse. He has to work with what he has got which isn't bad at all. Yeah he is short of a couple of players but which of our recent managers haven't been? Start by getting us top 4 or 5, that is attainable and there should be no excuses.

4/5 with this squad would be over achieving.

I reckon us fans and Conte will get screwed in the summer regarding signings. We still have to pay out for Kulu and Romero and i feel Levy will use the that as an excuse. He will look at them transfers and say “well we spent £70m on these 2”

With the team we had it wasnt, who is the Dembele/Wanyama pairing or the Christian?
Sorry was Wanyama a top 4 player when we signed him? I don't think anyone thought that ? Same with Dembele. Anyway I remember us finishing top 4 without either of them and Eriksen a shadow of the player he was.

1.83 points per game under him so far. Would make it 69-70 points over a season. Usually good enough for top 4 or 5 I think.

Compared to 1.5 points per game under Nuno. Had we had Conte's points return all season we would be on 51 points and 5th with a game in hand to teams below us. Level with Arsenal though them with a game in hand (against Chelsea I believe).

Conte has us performing at a top 4 or 5 level. Despite the frustrating dropped points, despite the inconsistency which isn't good enough. Despite all the numerous flaws with the squad (which aren't to me excuses, but just a statement of fact). Despite coming in and transitioning to a new system mid season.

If it will be enough to get there in the end is still an open question of course. But he's pretty much already delivering what you're asking for.

1.83 points per game under him so far. Would make it 69-70 points over a season. Usually good enough for top 4 or 5 I think.

Compared to 1.5 points per game under Nuno. Had we had Conte's points return all season we would be on 51 points and 5th with a game in hand to teams below us. Level with Arsenal though them with a game in hand (against Chelsea I believe).

Conte has us performing at a top 4 or 5 level. Despite the frustrating dropped points, despite the inconsistency which isn't good enough. Despite all the numerous flaws with the squad (which aren't to me excuses, but just a statement of fact). Despite coming in and transitioning to a new system mid season.

If it will be enough to get there in the end is still an open question of course. But he's pretty much already delivering what you're asking for.
Your interpretation of those stats and the extrapolation to a season of games, mislead how well he's actually been doing. He's won points against sides we would have expected to win points against, City aside (and Nuno did that too); There are 2 home games coming up against 2 sides above us. It's not unreasonable to expect him to win those.

Last edited:

It’s nowhere near as simple as that. Nuno had played Emirates Marketing Project, Wolves, West Ham, Arsenal and Man U amongst others which meant when Conte came in he had a lovely set of fixtures for his first couple of months from which he could pad his stats…..

I reckon us fans and Conte will get screwed in the summer regarding signings. We still have to pay out for Kulu and Romero and i feel Levy will use the that as an excuse. He will look at them transfers and say “well we spent £70m on these 2”

Romero as well we pay in the summer.

Your interpretation of those stats and the extrapolation to a season of games, mislead how well he's actually been doing. He's won points against sides we would have expected to win points against, City aside (and Nuno did that too); There are 2 home games coming up against 2 sides above us. It's not unreasonable to expect him to win those.

It's a simplification based on a limited and perhaps somewhat skewed sample size.

I think the overall point I'm trying to illustrate still stands. I think we're playing better, but that's difficult to quantify. It's enough of a sample size to make a decent impression and his ppg numbers are around where our expectations currently are.

Definitely some losses there we should have avoided, in that regard similar to Nuno. But I also think that's to be expected at this point.

Two more wins against lower half teams would heve seen us clearly in the top 4. At the time he took over top 4 looked like a tall long shot. He's put us in contention, I think that's good and I wasn't expecting much more.

No I reckon he won't. Conte doesn't come to Spurs unless there's a clear understanding about what needs to be done in the big transfer window. Levy won't go back on that. Not if he wants to keep Conte, keep Kane, and not annoy Mr Lewis.

Unless we have to pay that £70million in full over summer - which doesn't happen nowadays.

Let’s face it, Conte will need to win us either the Premier League or Champions League to satisfy some people. And even that might not be enough.
People are not expecting to win the league or Champions league, just nice consistent football, a top 4 challenge and for him not to come out crying after every game in his first 4 months of being in charge.

Back