• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

People are not expecting to win the league or Champions league, just nice consistent football, a top 4 challenge and for him not to come out crying after every game in his first 4 months of being in charge.
Then people need to change their expectations. And grow a pair. He’s working w some players who don’t fit his system and transitioning others into a different way of playing. So perhaps overly sensitive fans are the ones who need to look at their reactions to things.

People are not expecting to win the league or Champions league, just nice consistent football, a top 4 challenge and for him not to come out crying after every game in his first 4 months of being in charge.
He is to used to winning that this frustrates him and he acts out. You can bet if Guardiola was our coach he would have a tantrum every match

Then people need to change their expectations. And grow a pair. He’s working w some players who don’t fit his system and transitioning others into a different way of playing. So perhaps overly sensitive fans are the ones who need to look at their reactions to things.
So these coaches can come out and bitch about the team and how performances are not good enough and fans like you back him but when other fans do the same they are sensitive and need to grow a pair? Doesn’t make sense really does it?

So these coaches can come out and bitch about the team and how performances are not good enough and fans like you back him but when other fans do the same they are sensitive and need to grow a pair? Doesn’t make sense really does it?
He can do what the hell he likes as he is the best manager we have ever hired and is strong headed and will do what he does and say what he says. My point is that 'other fans' need to have the proper expectations for where our club is right now. What Conte has to do is not like going to the shops to buy some better quality ingredients, it's a longer term process. I hate the inconsistency we are showing and all the individual and team errors that cost us valuable points, but I do see a longer term aim, reliant on Levy backing him in the summer so he has the ingredients he needs.

Spoilt coaches?
Spoilt with better players by previous teams. You can see that Conte is frustrated after we play a poor game and I don't know if coaching us is the best thing for him. Everybody responds different în such situations, even top coaches. You can see Ancelotti at Everton, doing a good job and not freaking out. Saw the limitations of the players and worked calmly towards improving with what he had. Mourinho, Guardiola and Conte are different, they get frustrated and lash out.
I think being loved by the fans and our top players is the only thing that is keeping Conte în charge right now. Premier League is a tough place to be if you don't coach City, Pool or Chelsea.

He's trying to get the players to perform. Using carrot and stick. Encouragement and criticism.

He's never said the players are bad, just there is room for improvement. The quality needs to improve in the squad.

He wants to compete at the top. The fans do too. He wants the club to share that vision.

Great. Lets do it.

That is a poor excuse. He has to work with what he has got which isn't bad at all. Yeah he is short of a couple of players but which of our recent managers haven't been? Start by getting us top 4 or 5, that is attainable and there should be no excuses.

This. I’m so bored already of him threatening to leave. Yes, Levy needs to spend some serious money this summer. But until we get there, get your head down, coach the players and stop whining.

This. I’m so bored already of him threatening to leave. Yes, Levy needs to spend some serious money this summer. But until we get there, get your head down, coach the players and stop whining.

The media have had a narrative of him leaving since he joined. He hasn't helped in some interviews. Just ignore it.

The media highlight the negatives to support the narrative. He's said numerous times he's happy and enjoying it at spurs. That it is a long process that might take years to win the title. That fans need to have patience.

The media have had a narrative of him leaving since he joined. He hasn't helped in some interviews. Just ignore it.

The media highlight the negatives to support the narrative. He's said numerous times he's happy and enjoying it at spurs. That it is a long process that might take years to win the title. That fans need to have patience.

And then the next week he says he’s off.

The media seize on it because he says it.

Has he said he's leaving?

He said yet again this week that we will “have to see if the visions align in the summer.” So perhaps setting up a get-out clause if PSG or the like come calling. This followed him throwing his toys out of the pram post-Burnley when he openly speculated as to whether he should stay.

No one can argue with his record, and I’m sure he’ll do a very good job if he stays. But his background noise needs to stop until season’s end. For now, get on with the main job.

He said yet again this week that we will “have to see if the visions align in the summer.” So perhaps setting up a get-out clause if PSG or the like come calling. This followed him throwing his toys out of the pram post-Burnley when he openly speculated as to whether he should stay.

No one can argue with his record, and I’m sure he’ll do a very good job if he stays. But his background noise needs to stop until season’s end. For now, get on with the main job.
PSG wouldn’t suit him as he can’t win in Europe

So he wants tottenham to be successful and wants the club to want the same thing?

Not a bad thing for me.

He can do what the hell he likes as he is the best manager we have ever hired and is strong headed and will do what he does and say what he says. My point is that 'other fans' need to have the proper expectations for where our club is right now. What Conte has to do is not like going to the shops to buy some better quality ingredients, it's a longer term process. I hate the inconsistency we are showing and all the individual and team errors that cost us valuable points, but I do see a longer term aim, reliant on Levy backing him in the summer so he has the ingredients he needs.

The bolded bit sounds a bit sensitive to me. Maybe it’s better if you consistently remain positive despite what you’re seeing but also simultaneously grow a pair if you’re disappointed when acknowledging the reality of the situation, So either man up, or don’t. Depending on if the situation needs a man or not.*

*Answers on a postcard to 144 fragile masculinity street, Snowflakeville (that’ll go down a treat on here!)

He is delivering a top 4 challenge. We're in one. We may not be at some point, but right now we are.

When Nuno left even being in a top 4 challenge at this point looked a real challenge imo. We were really bad. Bad enough for Nuno to get sacked months after coming in.

I don't think it matters much what he says in press conferences. I certainly don't think it's possible to say that's having a negative effect. If it doesn't have a negative effect, what's the problem?

He is getting on with the main job.

I don't know if he's trying to send a message to the players, trying to send a message to the higher ups, venting frustration or all of the above with these comments.

What I do know is that this is what he's always done from what I can tell. Frustrated Conte is frustrated and he doesn't hide it. This is part of how he gets on with his job. Seemingly always been, probably always will be.

This is what we get with Conte. Can dislike it, but there's no other way with him. It's this or another manager. I personally have no problem with it. Put pressure on the players, they seem to respond well to it. Put pressure on the higher ups, make them deal with it.

So he wants tottenham to be successful and wants the club to want the same thing?

Not a bad thing for me.

By constantly hinting to the press that he might leave? It’s an interesting tactic. Can’t see it encouraging Kane or others to think he’s there for the long term. Can’t see it having any effect on Joe Lewis’s hold on the purse strings. So, makes you wonder what the point of it is. A ready-made excuse if things don’t go to plan? (“Tottenham won’t spend, they are a mess, no one can do anything with them. I’m off.”)

I like him. He’s obviously an excellent manager. And yes, he’s done this in the past. He’s been here for a very short period of time, though. He knew the size of the task before he came (or else he failed to carry out due diligence). In my opinion it would serve the club and the players better if he gave the impression he’s here for a while and focused everything on the push for CL.

And, in the end, as I started by saying, it’s just boring to listen to. If he doesn’t like it then he can leave - not just hint at leaving. Otherwise, he should shut up and crack on.

I may have missed it, but I can't remember him saying or even hinting that he will leave, I have seen the press spin, but not from the man himself.

And maybe the message he is trying to get across isn't to Levy or the players but to us fans, that this is not easy, it will take time and don't expect miracles.

And @spurspinter1 "144 fragile masculinity street, Snowflakeville" is fudging hilarious:D

By constantly hinting to the press that he might leave? It’s an interesting tactic. Can’t see it encouraging Kane or others to think he’s there for the long term. Can’t see it having any effect on Joe Lewis’s hold on the purse strings. So, makes you wonder what the point of it is. A ready-made excuse if things don’t go to plan? (“Tottenham won’t spend, they are a mess, no one can do anything with them. I’m off.”)

I like him. He’s obviously an excellent manager. And yes, he’s done this in the past. He’s been here for a very short period of time, though. He knew the size of the task before he came (or else he failed to carry out due diligence). In my opinion it would serve the club and the players better if he gave the impression he’s here for a while and focused everything on the push for CL.

And, in the end, as I started by saying, it’s just boring to listen to. If he doesn’t like it then he can leave - not just hint at leaving. Otherwise, he should shut up and crack on.

He has said he's happy at spurs and it's going to take a while to get us challenging. He's asked the fans for patience. But that gets ignored. Because the media narrative since he came here has been that he's going to leave.

Back