• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Ideally I'd agree with you. But it's not about me or any other supporter getting upset about what he said. I'm not particularly and said that in my original post. But he knows how the media works and he keeps feeding the narrative that "Conte is too good for Spurs and won't be there long term."

He needs to be more clever in what he's saying. No other manager is giving the press this sort of stuff. That's the problem rather than what he's actually saying.

I don't think he needs to change. I don't think he will change, I think it's part of who he is and how he works.

It's Conte, it's what you get. Like with every other manager the frustration disappears when results are good. Good enough results is the only thing he needs.

Wasn’t sure where to put this but thought I’d stick it in the Conte thread as it’s related to the system.

Is there any reason not one of the 3 CBs felt the need to come out and close down Ronaldo (their only striker) for the first goal? Namely Dier.

This system baffles my brain!

I’m getting fed up of him already.

He's probably more fed up at spurs ... something is not right. He must have been told about the clubs ambitions and their intentions when he signed, so unless the goal posts have been changed you have to direct the frustrations not at him.

Away game, rain, cold evening kick off, opposition with a bit of threat from set pieces.

Wonder how this one is going to end up.

I'd do a straight swap at this point in time. For all he's an improvement on the last two jokers, we are still a pretty joyless affair at the moment. I'd love some Poch warmth, possession football and high pressing back.
Agreed . I’m not sold on him as of yet . Summer is going to be turbulent I fear.

Agreed . I’m not sold on him as of yet . Summer is going to be turbulent I fear.

Not his team nor his players, let’s see where we are with his players.

The fact he’s shown he just about trusts 11 of the squad shows where we are and how a man who knows how to win the PL thinks of the players we have.

Last edited:
Making excuses for his coaching again then? All managers have the same time frame between games throughout the season.

I haven't read the full article. In that tweet at least there's no excuse making. I can't remember seeing anyone on here using that as an excuse.

It's an observation. A fitting one given Conte's history with struggling in the CL, and I believe with two games a week in the past.

If there is an excuse of sorts there it would be him coming in mid season, having an unbalanced squad and a lack of good options in several areas? But that would be true regardless of this particular observation/stat.

Back