• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

By constantly hinting to the press that he might leave? It’s an interesting tactic. Can’t see it encouraging Kane or others to think he’s there for the long term. Can’t see it having any effect on Joe Lewis’s hold on the purse strings. So, makes you wonder what the point of it is. A ready-made excuse if things don’t go to plan? (“Tottenham won’t spend, they are a mess, no one can do anything with them. I’m off.”)

I like him. He’s obviously an excellent manager. And yes, he’s done this in the past. He’s been here for a very short period of time, though. He knew the size of the task before he came (or else he failed to carry out due diligence). In my opinion it would serve the club and the players better if he gave the impression he’s here for a while and focused everything on the push for CL.

And, in the end, as I started by saying, it’s just boring to listen to. If he doesn’t like it then he can leave - not just hint at leaving. Otherwise, he should shut up and crack on.

We can speculate about his intentions...

I think he wants the players to suffer when at lose or underperform. I think he wants them to think that the only way he sticks around is if everyone pushes themselves and others as far as they can to do their very best. Or he will get rid of the one's that don't or leave himself. I think he wants them to think and feel that the only way forward here under Conte is delivering on what he wants. And suffering when they don't.

I think he wants Levy and Paratici worried about him leaving if he doesn't get, to a point at least, what he wants in the summer. He wants them to turn every stone possible.

I also think that's pretty much the reality of the situation. It's not an empty threat. If at one point he doesn't like it here he will leave.

He's still here. He still obviously cares. He's still seemingly working hard. The press pays way too much attention to words at press conferences. We don't have to.

He has said he's happy at spurs and it's going to take a while to get us challenging. He's asked the fans for patience. But that gets ignored. Because the media narrative since he came here has been that he's going to leave.

I have said it before but i am amazed that there are fans who get upset about what he says to the press ( or more to the point how the press slant it), its all gonads and the press have to fill the space and make it sound far worse then it actually is.

Then people need to change their expectations. And grow a pair. He’s working w some players who don’t fit his system and transitioning others into a different way of playing. So perhaps overly sensitive fans are the ones who need to look at their reactions to things.
In life these days, stories, information, narratives all happen at 10 X the speed, the problem with this is anything that might take a long time (eg building a football team) just won't be tolerated.

I have said it before but i am amazed that there are fans who get upset about what he says to the press ( or more to the point how the press slant it), its all gonad*s and the press have to fill the space and make it sound far worse then it actually is.

To be fair to the media, they didn’t dwell on his latest veiled threats. I think even they are bored.

If Conte says "I am very ambitious, I want to win things, I enjoy being here at Spurs, if they match my ambition and give me the players I need then I will stay forever and work hard and fight to win everything, but if not then I will leave" it gets reported as CONTE'S GONNA LEEEEAVE

The bottom line is EVERYONE knows the situation if they are honest.

Conte has ambition and will do everything to get the job done...just supply him with the tools.

He wouldn't be here in the first place if that wasn't agreed too back in November.

He goes on tilt when we lose and is frustrated (probably just as much at himself) that progress is slow. Pretty much like Spurs Twitter. Week to week noise that's largely irrelevant.

The summer window is the next port of call that gives us the (or some) answers relating to the original commitments (on both sides).

The bottom line is EVERYONE knows the situation if they are honest.

Conte has ambition and will do everything to get the job done...just supply him with the tools.

He wouldn't be here in the first place if that wasn't agreed too back in November.

He goes on tilt when we lose and is frustrated (probably just as much at himself) that progress is slow. Pretty much like Spurs Twitter. Week to week noise that's largely irrelevant.

The summer window is the next port of call that gives us the (or some) answers relating to the original commitments (on both sides).

He asked for an 18 month contract to put pressure on the club to meet his ambition. Personally think it's a good thing.

No mention of contes interview? Positive, talking about how it's now his team. How we have become much stronger. How he'd like to play chelsea again to see how much we've improved. How he is happy?

Ofcourse not.

It’s one game at a time from here on in, positive mindset and all.

Easier to talk about wanting to play Chelsea when you don’t have to play Chelsea three times in a week and a half. Why would we talk about it for now? Two wins in a row is a positive,don’t try to bring us down from it.

Did I need to take a breathalyser check for these answers to be valid btw? Conte is happy regardless of what happens with us because he’s not stupid.

It’s one game at a time from here on in, positive mindset and all.

Easier to talk about wanting to play Chelsea when you don’t have to play Chelsea three times in a week and a half. Why would we talk about it for now? Two wins in a row is a positive,don’t try to bring us down from it.

Did I need to take a breathalyser check for these answers to be valid btw? Conte is happy regardless of what happens with us because he’s not stupid.

Guess you didn't read my posts saying i didn't think we'd get top 4 after the burnley loss?

After the win against brighton i've said win against west ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, i might get a glimmer of hope of top 4.

Just because i don't bitch and moan all the time, doesn't mean i have delusional positivity. I just don't bitch and moan.

Guess you didn't read my posts saying i didn't think we'd get top 4 after the burnley loss?

After the win against brighton i've said win against west ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, i might get a glimmer of hope of top 4.

Just because i don't bitch and moan all the time, doesn't mean i have delusional positivity. I just don't bitch and moan.

But this post ironically .... hah

Back