• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham v Man U OMT***

I absolutely love Kane but the longer it goes the longer we have an issue there for me. He isn't getting round the pitch anymore, looks slow and ineffective more times than not. Yeh there are exceptions and yes he is getting his goals, but it seems we are now building around him and his record than what may be best for the side, we are just slow and cumbersome going forward and he looks the worse in that department. Add Sons terrible decision making this season and its just all abit mehhhh
Yep between them we offer nothing off the ball to put a defence under pressure. Tonight we had little alternative but still feel there's a case for starting Richarlison ahead of Son and Son coming on to tear it up after Richie has harrassed and bullied his defender for an hour.

How must Skipp feel watching that brick midfield week in week out and not getting a look in? He was playing really well up until his injury and much better than PEH.
If he can't get game time with so many games in a short amount of time I wouldn't blame for fudging off at the end of the season.

Spence can't be far behind, is it just Conte being a stubborn clam because it was a "club signing"?

I do believe in Conte but am finding it harder and harder to understand his decisions and lack of subs.

Utterly fudging furious at that. At Woolwich I could see a game plan and thought we were undone by two individual errors. Tonight, we got absolutely murdered. If it was a boxing match, the ref would have stopped it. We didn’t get near them.

United were hungrier than us, they were first to every ball, they were tactically streets ahead of us and they utterly dominated us. We were lucky it was 2.

PEH, Dier were particularly brick, Son was spineless but Bissouma delivered a performance so bad, it wouldn’t have looked out of place in the 1990s Christian Gross era.

I have massive faith in Conte. But just a little less than I had about 2 hours ago.

Conte forced by injuries to both Kulusevski and Richarlison to do what many fans have asked for, play 3-5-2. Turns out a 3-5-2 with no real creativity in midfield and only one wing back with real individual attacking quality isn't always great.

Conte forced to trust Bissouma earlier than he probably would have wanted to in a big game like this. Just starting to get integrated. Turns out being a rather poor passer can be kind of bad when the rest of the team can't make up for it.

My trust in Conte is unchanged and high. My trust in those second guessing Conte is at an all time low.

Only thing I don't get is why Conte didn't change it earlier. Moura, even Gil on to go 3-4-3 at 1-0. Skipp on for Bissouma, planning to go 3-4-3 a bit later. Anything other than waiting to see if Bissouma would regain his ability to do basic football stuff at some point.

I absolutely love Kane but the longer it goes the longer we have an issue there for me. He isn't getting round the pitch anymore, looks slow and ineffective more times than not. Yeh there are exceptions and yes he is getting his goals, but it seems we are now building around him and his record than what may be best for the side, we are just slow and cumbersome going forward and he looks the worse in that department. Add Sons terrible decision making this season and its just all abit mehhhh
The discussion about planning for life after Kane just feels a little bit more urgent this season. Like you say he's seems lacking physically. He no longer has that little burst which was never the fastest but it was enough to gain some space to shift and shoot. He can't seem to do that anymore and it's affecting how effective he is as a player. Yes the likelyhood of getting a better striker is nil, but other teams seem to do fine without Kane and eventually no matter what, we are going to have to replace him. It just seems it might have to happen sooner than expected.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Bussoumas game was woeful
He walked everywhere
Thee is a top player there but he plays like Tanguy not the beast we have seen
I’ll forgive Bentacur and PEH because I’ve seen them excel for us

I love Bissouma but he was el crapo and as for forgiving PEH, he is a 2 in 10 player, this was one of his 8 bad. Benta put in his 1 out of 10 which comes around now and then where the game just passes him by. Add them together in that form tonight and East to see why we lost, that's your engine room and they all went to the knackers yard tonight

The discussion about planning for life after Kane just feels a little bit more urgent this season. Like you say he's seems lacking physically. He no longer has that little burst which was never the fastest but it was enough to gain some space to shift and shoot. He can't seem to do that anymore and it's affecting how effective he is as a player. Yes the likelyhood of getting a better striker is nil, but other teams seem to do fine without Kane and eventually no matter what, we are going to have to replace him. It just seems it might have to happen sooner than expected.

We at least need a plan B with pace on the bench, without it in a game like tonight it's just far too easy. Martinez looked like Baresi because there was literally no threat, I would have fancied my chances TBH

Pretty much so,

Lloris, Dier, Davies, Hojberg (Mourinho got him in) Kane, Son thats over half of the team.
It's been said a million times but Davies and Dier were only ever backup and Utility and now they are key men and not because they've improved and replaced the guys who were ahead of them. [emoji24]

The only silver lining is we have been poor quite a lot of the season and are still 3rd.

H Saudi Sportswashing Machine
A Bournemouth
H Liverpool
H Leeds
A Brentford
H Villa

A good run there could keep us in a strong position.

Conte forced by injuries to both Kulusevski and Richarlison to do what many fans have asked for, play 3-5-2. Turns out a 3-5-2 with no real creativity in midfield and only one wing back with real individual attacking quality isn't always great.

Conte forced to trust Bissouma earlier than he probably would have wanted to in a big game like this. Just starting to get integrated. Turns out being a rather poor passer can be kind of bad when the rest of the team can't make up for it.

My trust in Conte is unchanged and high. My trust in those second guessing Conte is at an all time low.

Only thing I don't get is why Conte didn't change it earlier. Moura, even Gil on to go 3-4-3 at 1-0. Skipp on for Bissouma, planning to go 3-4-3 a bit later. Anything other than waiting to see if Bissouma would regain his ability to do basic football stuff at some point.

If Bissouma's passing is crap why buy him in the first place?

Yep. Of the side that started tonight, Lloris, Dier, Davies, Hojbjerg, Doherty, Son, Kane, all preceded him, and of those, Lloris is our captain, Dier is the supposed 'leader' of our backline, Hojbjerg the supposed 'leader' of our midfield, Kane the supposed 'leader' of our attack.

Only Lloris showed up - everyone else was varying degrees of terrible.

Our squad building always feels vaguely like trying to buy enough players with good mentalities to balance out the crap, but we are fudged when the ones that are supposed to have good mentalities like Hojbjerg also turn out to be cowards on nights like these.

I agree on the 3-5-2 point. Lots of fans talking like that was a silver bullet or Royal being out would be a silver bullet. Both happened tonight and we delivered our worst performance in a long, long time.

I still have massive faith in Conte. But it was obvious at half time that we were getting killed and they’d nullified our counter attack. Kane and Son were given no time on the ball and had no opportunity to turn. He should have switched it up much, much sooner. He got schooled tonight.

It felt like the 3 of them got on each others way a bit, could do with a more attack minded positioning from one of them but none seem particularly suited to it.
You need brains and brawn in that midfield
PEH is brawn
So is Bissouma
Bentacur is a bot of both
But they win that battle with only 2 real CMs…. That’s poor

Look at peh position in each of those goals.
I mean what the actual f u c k.
Since he got here I've tried to not say too much because a lot of people seem to think he is great, well I'm sorry but i just don't see it, his positioning is awful and his reaction and covering is awful.

I agree on the 3-5-2 point. Lots of fans talking like that was a silver bullet or Royal being out would be a silver bullet. Both happened tonight and we delivered our worst performance in a long, long time.

I still have massive faith in Conte. But it was obvious at half time that we were getting killed and they’d nullified our counter attack. Kane and Son were given no time on the ball and had no opportunity to turn. He should have switched it up much, much sooner. He got schooled tonight.
They had no time and they had no support
With an extra man in midfield we should be able to push up
Compare how we played 3-5-2 vs Everton
We had Biss screening and the other 2 wide
Today…. They were all on top CL each other and losing battles and also not working

Back