• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
more than half of this squad have never tasted tournament football before....i feel Roy got the balance right, plenty of young inexperienced players over there

Yeah, but none of them played. Experience of sitting on a bench isn't what the youngsters need.

What would Harry have done tonight?

Not given a fudge and attacked all to hell, I reckon.

Well he would have chosen a better squad firstly which would have allowed better more attacking teams. i would rather lose playing in an attacking manner and giving it a go than just sitting on our asses waiting for penalties (which we are pretty brick at).

I can't fudging believe Gabby had the audacity in the Beeb's post-match with Gerrard to say we could leave the tournament with our "heads held high". Are you fudging kidding?!

we topped our group, ahead of "how fcukin great are unbeaten in 123 games" France, and we managed to take a good Italy team all the way to penalties in the quarters

id have taken that vefore the tournament....i mean, just look at the 'talent' the england manager has to choose from:-s

Mate, we don't have any better. We just aren't good.

Lennon is the only glaring omission IMO. Is rather see players like Gerrard and Terry left at home and some of the next generation given some tournament experience before the next world cup

Carrick is better than Henderson. Richards is better than Johnson. Lennon is better than Milner. Young should've come off.

Ferdinand is better than fudging Martin Kelly.

I disagree with you. Strongly.

Well deserved win for Italy, top class by Pirlo and a very ballsy penalty to top it off.

Thought England were lucky in the group stages and again lucky today during the 120 minutes of play.

Carrick and Scholes at home watching Jordan Henderson being put on... Wonder what they were thinking today.

we topped our group, ahead of "how fcukin great are unbeaten in 123 games" France, and we managed to take a good Italy team all the way to penalties in the quarters

id have taken that vefore the tournament....i mean, just look at the 'talent' the england manager has to choose from:-s

his own fault with a brick squad selection.

You dont have to be the most negative team in the tournament either.

Play Walcott from the start instead of fudging Milner. Have a bloody go.

I think the one thing he may have done different is inspired the players, and gave them belief. But I don't think we would have been as orgranised, and we may not have even got out of the group.

Thats what people said about us in the CL group. I dont think our group was that great. I agree we may not have been as organised but I think we would have come out of the group and given it a real go tonight. There is always a sense of regret with England.

Some of the players were fantastic tonight, the likes of Glen Johnson, John Terry, Gerrard, Lescott, Ashley Cole..

Biggest problem was rooney, did he get a proper chance, did he have a shot on target? If you're best player is underperforming, there is no chance of winning.

I thought Caroll was fantastic, but there were no players around him.

Apart from that, physically we looked very tired and technically, we were second best.

just heard - italy oldest team in tournament. Crazy.

We were so leggy. such a strange performance - and to set up like that. mental.

oh well - at least i havent got to watch us get spanked by germany.

Carrick is better than Henderson. Richards is better than Johnson. Lennon is better than Milner. Young should've come off.

Ferdinand is better than fudging Martin Kelly.

I disagree with you. Strongly.

carrick didnt want to go, get over it, he doesnt give a fcuk about england, would rather sit on a beach with his wife and kids

SuperStock_4107-79927.jpg

Some of the players were fantastic tonight, the likes of Glen Johnson, John Terry, Gerrard, Lescott, Ashley Cole..

Biggest problem was rooney, did he get a proper chance, did he have a shot on target? If you're best player is underperforming, there is no chance of winning.

I thought Caroll was fantastic, but there were no players around him.

Apart from that, physically we looked very tired and technically, we were second best.

=D> finally a sane overview

Good riddance. Fed up of all this England rubbish, a side with racists like Terry and journeymen like Henderson, Carroll, Milner etc. Hodgson what's wrong with Shelvey and Spearing, eh?

Last edited:
oh well, now England are out, the press will now come home and start picking apart Tottenham

England were poor; No other team plays 2 man central midfields apart from then; It's a silly formation.

My word, Pirlo take a bow, majestic performance.

Oh yes, he was excellent. And what a penalty he took. Cold as a fish.

I have to say Italy deserved it today, but overall, I don't think England have bottled it the way they've used to. Done a decent tournament for a change, in my opinion.

Back