• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
just heard - italy oldest team in tournament. Crazy.

We were so leggy. such a strange performance - and to set up like that. mental.

oh well - at least i havent got to watch us get spanked by germany.
We were leggy becasue we spent most of the game without the ball, closing players down and chasing. In a way I'm glad we didn't go through on penalties. We didn't deserve to, and no one would be focusing on how we were comprehensively outplayed. Hopefully, now someon might sit down and take a long hard look at the England set up and decide that "playing your hearts out" is not good enough.

But I bet that the players go home, perform well in teams surrounded by technically more competent players from abroad, and we end up with the same team, and same rubbish next time.

it seems it wont take long for everyone to turn on Hodgson, actually its already happening.

Redknapp will be the new manager by the new year

well done Levy for getting rid now=D>

R2X6x.gif

This makes me horny
Very cheeky penalty by severus snape there

Good riddance. Fed up of all this England rubbish, a side with c*** like Terry and journeymen like Henderson, Carroll, Milner etc. Hodgson what's wrong with Shelvey and Spearing, eh?

He was on for 25 minutes?

Did he even touch the ball? I'm really not sure.

Wake me up when the Pirlo flavour of the day toss feet is over. Quality player yes but give it a rest. And whoever said he's better than Iniesta fudge right off lol!!

we topped our group, ahead of "how fcukin great are unbeaten in 123 games" France, and we managed to take a good Italy team all the way to penalties in the quarters

id have taken that vefore the tournament....i mean, just look at the 'talent' the england manager has to choose from:-s
I genuinely see nothing to have "heads held high about". Italia '90, Euro '96, heck, even Rome in 1997! But not this tournament. Nah.

England were tinkle poor. I just hope Woy has the balls to fudging build a side for Brazil now.

Wake me up when the Pirlo flavour of the day toss feet is over. Quality player yes but give it a rest. And whoever said he's better than Iniesta fudge right off lol!!

I said Xavi

Dont tell me to fudge off again grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My vote for you is taken away now.

Before 2008 it was the other way around, Pirlo was raved about and Xavi was underrated. Then Barca dominate and Milan falter and everyone recognises Xavi as better.

IMO Xavi and Pirlo are every bit the equal of each other

Ah well, under 2 months until the Prem starts again, that's all I really care about. ****erel before country, COYS!

Some of the players were fantastic tonight, the likes of Glen Johnson, John Terry, Gerrard, Lescott, Ashley Cole..

Biggest problem was rooney, did he get a proper chance, did he have a shot on target? If you're best player is underperforming, there is no chance of winning.

I thought Caroll was fantastic, but there were no players around him.

Apart from that, physically we looked very tired and technically, we were second best.

I do not think England improved after the inclusion of Rooney after games

I normally knock Glen Johnsen but I think he had an excellent tournament, and I cannot stand Terry but he was very good also. Infact I would say England's defence was impressive

Ashley Young was shocking all tournament

Pirlo was the second oldest player on the pitch, only Buffon was older but he simply run the game

I do not think England improved after the inclusion of Rooney after games

I normally knock Glen Johnsen but I think he had an excellent tournament, and I cannot stand Terry but he was very good also. Infact I would say England's defence was impressive

Ashley Young was shocking all tournament

Pirlo was the second oldest player on the pitch, only Buffon was older but he simply run the game

All he had to do was keep Downing out of the side.

Oh was it you big daddy? Well you can fudge off just a little bit then. (He's still not better than Xavi)

Chase me....

Only if you have a kfc bucket tied to you.

It wasnt a matter of flavor of the month - I mentioned this a while ago as to how or why Milan got rid of him.

Hart 7 - did everything though distribution could have been better.
Johnson 6 - had his moments early on going forward, and actually half decent at the back for a change
Terry 6 - made several critical blocks
Lescott 6 - coped well with Balotelli for the most part
Cole 5 - commentators keep on about how good but missed a pen and frankly lacked real class
Milner 4 - worked hard all right but produced precious little
Gerrard 7 - decent performance from the captain but way, way short of what he was once capable
Parker 5 - all the usual blocks but utter brick going forward - as usual
Young 4 - missed penalty says all you need to know about his performance
Rooney 5 - painfully ordinary
Wellbeck 6 - quality touches early on but fluffed his one good chance before being subbed

Subs
Henderson 3 - what the hell is he doing in the England squad?
Carroll 6 - almost impressive ... for a carthorse
Walcott 4 - poor, just poor

Back