• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Kind of makes you think what Milan were doing giving Pirlo away.

I mean its a bit like Barca giving away Xavi or Real giving away Alonso

I really don't want to see any hard luck England you battled well, you did the country proud, but were unlucky on the penalties rubbish either. All that leads to is the same old same old being wheeled out for the next campaign. We need a clear out. Spend the next World Cup trying to build a team for the future.

PS Rooney is not world class....

I actually feel sorry for Cole because I think he has been brilliant this tournament.

I blame Roy. I know this is a point that digresses but Harry would have gone at those Italians.

I don't think Redknapp would have done any better than Hodgson in this tournement to be honest. And we weren't beaten over 90mins, and you can't ask for much more than that.

I don't think Redknapp would have done any better than Hodgson in this tournement to be honest. And we weren't beaten over 90mins, and you can't ask for much more than that.

are you being serious? you were happy with what was served up? Milner, Young getting game time etc Henderson? All good selections?

What are we going to do about the England team? If that is the best we can manage. Italy bossed the game, and I didn't even think they are that great a side. Germany would have tinkled all over us.

It is about time a manager stopped playing safe and took some risks with younger and less experienced players. i'd rather see a side like that lose than what we put up today.

I thought this was the tournament to give young guys some experience for the world cup. Draw a line under Gerrard, lampard, Terry and give the young guys some experience.

You know what - at least if we went out we would have gone out fighting and playing and giving them a game. Harry would have gone for it. Also I do think Harry would have got in better players than the likes of Henderson.

I aint even being biased.

I thought this was the tournament to give young guys some experience for the world cup. Draw a line under Gerrard, lampard, Terry and give the young guys some experience.

more than half of this squad have never tasted tournament football before....i feel Roy got the balance right, plenty of young inexperienced players over there

are you being serious? you were happy with what was served up? Milner, Young getting game time etc Henderson? All good selections?

Said before, we don't have a lot of alternatives. I'd have personally preferred a more attacking style but had we done that we may not have even made it out of the group.

I think our biggest problem actually lies up front.

I can't fudging believe Gabby had the audacity in the Beeb's post-match with Gerrard to say we could leave the tournament with our "heads held high". Are you fudging kidding?!

Said before, we don't have a lot of alternatives. I'd have personally preferred a more attacking style but had we done that we may not have even made it out of the group.

I think our biggest problem actually lies up front.

you could've played Richards, Carrick & Lennon for a start. At least in the squad. Begged Scholes.

You know what - at least if we went out we would have gone out fighting and playing and giving them a game. Harry would have gone for it. Also I do think Harry would have got in better players than the likes of Henderson.

I don't disagree with you, but at the same time I don't think Hodgson could have done much else with the style he went for. Personally (and I've said this for years) I believe the team should be built around Carrick. I think England have wasted him.

Mate, we don't have any better. We just aren't good.

Lennon is the only glaring omission IMO. Is rather see players like Gerrard and Terry left at home and some of the next generation given some tournament experience before the next world cup

you just dont know...did we have a go at chelsea n the FA semi??? .....what was Redknapp playing at in the must win game against a brick Villa by not bringing on Defoe???

Lennon over Milner is so obvious it hurts. Henderson lol. Hodgson is no better than Sam fudging Allardyce it's unreal.

Hodgson is a joke.
Negative football and England was dominated by a poor french side and got lucky vs Sweden and Ukraine.

Get Harry in.

and got in someone like Walker to push them further back.

I mean sorry but bringing AOC instead of someone like Lennon was ridiculous. Henderson instead of Carrick? haha.

Back