• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Id take being called deluded as an insult.

I think Jimmy is saying that its perfectly reasonable for JJ to think Sandro is world class, its subjective and so will likely differ from others ideas. Its not a statement of fact, but opinion.

The Forest CB that was apparently done but now "the goalposts have been changed". The world class signing that was done, then the player was better than Niko and worse than Sandro, then 10 minutes later the signing fell through.

I believe the first one, Forest were bought by someone ready to invest quite a lot of money into the club. They might not accept a bid the previous owners would accept. Goalposts moved, seems likely.

The second one was a strange one, but one of those things that makes me trust JJ more than any of the other ITKs at the moment. He said we were signing someone world class, then a day or two later he said that the deal fell through. If he was just making stuff up he could so easily just have said that we were still doing talks, then if we did sign someone who could be called world class he could have said "yeah, that's the one". He didn't. If he was making it up, why say that it fell through after a couple of days? Completely different from the blue and yellow crap spouted last summer by POTL (wasn't it?)

He also got the timing right on Vertonghen and AVB, when others were saying "next couple of days" he was saying things would take time and they did.

The Forest CB that was apparently done but now "the goalposts have been changed". The world class signing that was done, then the player was better than Niko and worse than Sandro, then 10 minutes later the signing fell through.

Is it impossible for those to happen?

We were in talks with the Forest kid and then they were taken over by the Kuwaitis, you don't think that might have had an effect on the deal? He never said the "world class" signing was done, he said it's 90%, he then said it's fallen through, is that impossible? He could've just swept it under the carpet and hoped people would forget about it, but instead he had the balls to say it's not happening. The "better than Niko, worse than Sandro" stuff didn't happen exactly like that, he was asked how good the signing is out of 10 and he said 8.25, that number may have meant something else as it's a bit of a strange figure to give, he could've just said 8 or 9. Someone asked him if he's an 8.25 then wtf is Sandro(as he's known as a massive Sandro fan) and he said 9. I don't know where Niko came into all of this.

I don't care whether you believe him or not, same with all the others. But it's just annoying when you have to make the same damn comment every single time one of us c+p's the stuff over to here, the mods should've kept the itk thread separate although I guess you'd still venture on over to there to tell us all it's a load of crap, like we haven't heard that before.

I guess that's a possibility,but we should really go for Moutinho if attainable - I can't see a more realistic and able replacement for Modric. Failing that I certainly wouldn't be unhappy with Dembele....

I agree with both you and Nayim

We should and would get Moutinho but the issue is do we have cash for the strikers? I think that is more urgent. I would sell Modric regardless and if we have the cash for a striker(s) I would get Moutinho in a heartbeat. But if we dont have the cash then simply put get Dembele and put the rest towards a top quality striker who will win games.

Ade missed a great deal of chances last season and whilst I think he is a very good player I would like someone waaaaay more clinical.

I labelled you "deluded" which is not an insult.

If you think Jjetset believes Sandro is better than World class you are deluded imo.

Most people that I know would consider calling someone "deluded" to be insulting and dismissive.

And I wasn't suggesting that jjetset believes Sandro to be better than world class (I'm not sure that that's possible anyway). I was suggesting that jjetset believes Sandro to be world class and even better than the world class player he thought we were trying to sign. By all accounts, he rates Sandro very, very highly.

As I said, it's perfectly valid to challenge his opinion of Sandro. But there was nothing inconsistent in what he said.

Id take being called deluded as an insult.

I think Jimmy is saying that its perfectly reasonable for JJ to think Sandro is world class, its subjective and so will likely differ from others ideas. Its not a statement of fact, but opinion.
It's not an insult. It's a negative trait to have but being deluded isn't an insult.

I know exactly what Jimmy is saying and i'm saying there is no way Jjetset was referring to the same player when he first stated that we should get very excited and its gonna be a big signing for a world class player and then claim the player is better than Niko but worse than Sandro.

You have to use your brains sometimes. If he thought Sandro was above world class then he wouldn't have used Niko fudging Kranjcar as the second player to compare and contrast unless he thought niko Kranjcar was at the very least 'nearly world class'. So Jjetset thinks Sandro is above world class and niko is nearly world class? hmmmm no.

I agree with both you and Nayim

We should and would get Moutinho but the issue is do we have cash for the strikers? I think that is more urgent. I would sell Modric regardless and if we have the cash for a striker(s) I would get Moutinho in a heartbeat. But if we dont have the cash then simply put get Dembele and put the rest towards a top quality striker who will win games.

Ade missed a great deal of chances last season and whilst I think he is a very good player I would like someone waaaaay more clinical.

Surely we were cautious enough under Harry over the last two or three years, to have some of 'Aguero 35m' bid left knocking around. I reckon we have money for strikers regardless of the fact that the Modric money, deals with his replacement.

If I could be bothered to look through the SC log then I could probably find it, it's a bit of a mission though. He said new player 8.25, few days later someone asked him what Sandro is, he said 9, I don't know how Niko came up but he said he's a 6. Someone comes on here and says "jetset says better than Niko, worse than Sandro" which I guess is what he's said although the numbers are weighed more towards Sandro.

It's not an insult. It's a negative trait to have but being deluded isn't an insult.

I believe it is, but regardless I think you should realise how others might take it.

I know exactly what Jimmy is saying and i'm saying there is no way Jjetset was referring to the same player when he first stated that we should get very excited and its gonna be a big signing for a world class player and then claim the player is better than Niko but worse than Sandro.

You have to use your brains sometimes. If he thought Sandro was above world class then he wouldn't have used Niko fudging Kranjcar as the second player to compare and contrast unless he thought niko Kranjcar was at the very least 'nearly world class'. So Jjetset thinks Sandro is above world class and niko is nearly world class? hmmmm no.

I dont disagree, personally I think JJetset is full of crap just like any other ITK. I think he got lucky once and has been trading off of it ever since.

Judging by your earlier responses, I don't think that you do.

And, regardless of whether or not you believe calling someone "deluded" to be an insult (and I'm not sure that you're being sincere, since I suspect that you wouldn't like it if the tables were turned), it was clearly a gratuitously antagonistic and unhelpful comment. If you disagree with someone, fine. Explain why. But leave the ad hominem nonsense out of it. It's not difficult.

Nayim, I think he has called more than just the Nelsen transfer. But I don't have the specifics to back this up. Either way, things like these Q+A sessions and all this Twitter stuff he does makes him look less informed and more like he's just another attention seeker....

He called we'd spoken to hazard then a week later hazard came out with his little speech about spurs. He's still a twunt tho

Judging by your earlier responses, I don't think that you do.

And, regardless of whether or not you believe calling someone "deluded" to be an insult (and I'm not sure that you're being sincere, since I suspect that you wouldn't like it if the tables were turned), it was clearly a gratuitously antagonistic and unhelpful comment. If you disagree with someone, fine. Explain why. But leave the ad hominem nonsense out of it. It's not difficult.

It's actually come down to this?

I've been called far worse than that on here without complaining so don't say anything about "if the tables were turned". If we're now calling people up refering to other posters as deluded and labelling it an insult then this site will die faster then it's already dying.

Nayim, I think he has called more than just the Nelsen transfer. But I don't have the specifics to back this up. Either way, things like these Q+A sessions and all this Twitter stuff he does makes him look less informed and more like he's just another attention seeker....

A lot of the things he called you or I could have, lets be honest - they didnt take tremendous insight

If Jimmy takes it as an insult (and I think that most people on here would take exception to being called deluded) then the right thing for you to do is apologise for not being clearer and not use the term again

I've been called far worse than that on here without complaining so don't say anything about "if the tables were turned". If we're now calling people up refering to other posters as deluded and labelling it an insult then this site will die faster then it's already dying.

Is it "already dying"?

Seems to be quite busy to me.

Deluded an insult hahahaha oh dear and I 100% agree with your bit in bold, people seem to be offended by their own shadow these days

Back