• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A lot of us on here seem to have the inside track on the clubs finances, more so than the accountants themselves by the expert analysis.

A lot of us on here have the experience and knowledge on how to sign targets with minimum fuss and therefore can ridicule the parties actually involved in these dealings.

A lot of us on here can dismiss potential and hypothetical signings the club may or may not be interested in because of a bad FM season/having Sky Sports/not liking the players hair.

And we have the audacity to belittle the ITK's....

=D>

Well said, mate.

The level of toy throwing, hissy fitting, foot stamping, lower lip jutting, hand wringing, lemming leaping, nerve losing and brick talking over the past week or two has been extraordinary - even by the standards of this thread!

And what's this gibberish about 'loyalty' regarding Redknapp?? Why the fudge should HE show any loyalty to Spurs; a club whose Chairman decided to fudge him off? :lol: Redknapp can say whatever the hell he likes! Ramos tinkled off without a squeak as he didn't have a record at Spurs to back any of it up. NO ONE can argue with Harry's record at Tottenham, so within that is an entitlement to pass a respectable opinion. You don't have to agree with his opinion, but guess what he's done more at Spurs as a manager than any other fool before him for about the last 20 odd years.

Harry is a realist and I think that's why some of you don't like him; he reminds you that Tottenham Hotpsur ISN'T Real Madrid, ie: players like Modric will always come and go, until such time as Levy decides to bankroll some serious investment in our team. And I'm talking NET investment: not selling £40m, to spend £40m - that's fudge all 'investment' - its a cost neutral position. I bet Harry is pleased he's well shot of us to be honest; left with a fantastic record, now he can enjoy being a pundit and playing golf 24/7. Hard life!!

I agree, fudge loyalty. Too much to ask. But I haven't read any posters asking for loyalty from Redknapp...

How about some professionalism? Is that too much to ask as well?

How often do you see management people of high profile companies release internal information to the press after being let go? Honest question (unlike the last one). It seems like something he shouldn't be doing, especially when we are still paying him!

Go ahead Redknapp, be a pundit, talk about Spurs, even highlight some of the negatives if you want. But don't talk about stuff that went on behind closed doors between our chairman, a player and his agent. Nothing to do with loyalty, just professionalism, but I don't think there are many here that are surprised by his lack of it.

someone should really have questioned him on his "world class player" comment that suddenly changed five minutes later to "better than Niko but worse than Sandro".

Who has he mentioned that he's been wrong about?

The Forest CB that was apparently done but now "the goalposts have been changed". The world class signing that was done, then the player was better than Niko and worse than Sandro, then 10 minutes later the signing fell through.

JJetset has proved to be one of the best ITKs. But he runs the risk of being another who talks too much and starts getting things wrong. To begin with POTL called a lot of things correctly, then started giving out info far too frequently and as a result his record declined.....

JJetset has proved in Jan he could call one transfer correctly (Nelsen) iirc.

Which suggests he may well have had a one time chance happening of itk, not that he has consistent in roads to our board room (which lets be honest, is the only reliable source for transfers)

Pretty well everything since has been an educated guess imo, whoopedoo he called Redknapp getting the boot, who didnt? AVB getting the job - as 90% expected!

I like the idea that someone posted in reply to the jetset chap ie write down the players who you know we are signing, post it to yourself and then open on Sept 1st with the proof on youtube. Would be the way for one of these to gain credibility....

someone should really have questioned him on his "world class player" comment that suddenly changed five minutes later to "better than Niko but worse than Sandro".

Look at it from his perspective:

Spurs were trying to sign a particular player. Fact.

That player is world class. Opinion.

Sandro is also world class and even better. Opinion.

There's nothing inconsistent in any of that - though it's perfectly valid to challenge his opinion of Sandro.

Look at it from his perspective:

Spurs were trying to sign a particular player. Fact.

That player is world class. Opinion.

Sandro is also world class and even better. Opinion.

There's nothing inconsistent in any of that - though it's perfectly valid to challenge his opinion of Sandro.

You're beyond deluded if you believe what you just typed.

I agree, fudge loyalty. Too much to ask. But I haven't read any posters asking for loyalty from Redknapp...

How about some professionalism? Is that too much to ask as well?

How often do you see management people of high profile companies release internal information to the press after being let go? Honest question (unlike the last one). It seems like something he shouldn't be doing, especially when we are still paying him!

Go ahead Redknapp, be a pundit, talk about Spurs, even highlight some of the negatives if you want. But don't talk about stuff that went on behind closed doors between our chairman, a player and his agent. Nothing to do with loyalty, just professionalism, but I don't think there are many here that are surprised by his lack of it.

+ 1

I like the idea that someone posted in reply to the jetset chap ie write down the players who you know we are signing, post it to yourself and then open on Sept 1st with the proof on youtube. Would be the way for one of these to gain credibility....

Surprise surprise he decided not to do it.

Back