• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A lot of us on here seem to have the inside track on the clubs finances, more so than the accountants themselves by the expert analysis.

A lot of us on here have the experience and knowledge on how to sign targets with minimum fuss and therefore can ridicule the parties actually involved in these dealings.

A lot of us on here can dismiss potential and hypothetical signings the club may or may not be interested in because of a bad FM season/having Sky Sports/not liking the players hair.

And we have the audacity to belittle the ITK's....

Pereira could leave Porto

Agent waiting to see if right offer comes in for full-back

By Francisco Acedo. Last Updated: August 4, 2012 2:09pm

The Uruguay international is under contract with Porto until the summer of 2016 and is valued at around €30million (£23.8m).

However, he has reportedly attracted the interest of a number of leading European clubs, including Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool.

Paris St Germain, Napoli and Juventus have also been linked with the 26-year-old, whose representative believes a departure from Porto could happen.

Flavio Perchmen told Antena 1: "I spoke with Alvaro last week and he is calm. We are waiting to find out if there is any offer.

"We think everything will go well and that he can leave the club, but right now we do not have any concrete offer."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7962076/Pereira-could-leave-Porto

Fantastic player - could be our LB for half a decade, even more

I see 55 posters have voted '2'!

Please can I have some of those happy pills

:ross:

I would say its because the poll is 'How many should we sign', which bearing in mind we currently only have Defoe and Kane, is probably right.

If, however, the poll was, 'How many will we sign' I would think the results would be far different and weighted more towards one

id rather have him on a 2 year contract with a big salary than a 4 year one

yeah, just get it done Levy!!

Really? So next summer he can hold us ransom and someone else can pick him up for next to nothing? I'd rather a 4 year deal and then there is re-sale value if he has a rest year and does a Modric and demands a move.

Ha ha ha, it was only a matter of time really. Superb. Well DONE that loyal and selfless ex-Spurs man!
Also, quite remarkable that there once again is no mention of Harry's bizarre end-of-August u-turn, when he said the club should sell him! How strange that The Sun wouldn't mention that...

It would be something if The Sun focussed a bit more attention on Madrid, and how they are the ones who have effectively frozen the transfer right now. The price was named, the deal was getting close, they realized they were the only game in town and suddenly dropped the price to 27 mill. Wouldn't take a genius to figure out they told the player's agent that he would get a % of the figure diff between 27 & 35 mill. It would appear that as soon as this tactic appeared to have been employed, Levy apparently decided it would be 40 or nothing. PERSONALLY, i think he'd have taken the 35 but for the arrogant withdrawal of that offer because Real thought they could force a deal through.

Ha ha ha, it was only a matter of time really. Superb. Well DONE that loyal and selfless ex-Spurs man!
Also, quite remarkable that there once again is no mention of Harry's bizarre end-of-August u-turn, when he said the club should sell him! How strange that The Sun wouldn't mention that...

I dont think it was a secret anyways that Modric would be sold this summer. We knew that last summers fiasco was just deferring the inevitable
Lets be honest most Managers will let the cat out the bag at some point - AVB did it.

As for wanting to sell him, maybe Harry wanted to sell him to bring in funds for players like perhaps a striker? the striker or two we still havent got and it appears (presumptuous) that we dont actually have much of those funds available and being left behind.

Arse are actually strengthening people will find a reason to think otherwise - the same people who also said 'oh once RVP gets injured etc etc etc'

Even if its true Levy told Modric he wouldn't stand in his way if Madrid came in, Levy certainly didn't say he would give him away. You'd have thought even 'Arry's grasp of finances would be sufficient to understand that. The facts seem to be that Levy has made it clear that Modric can leave if Madrid pay the asking price. There is nothing standing in the way of Modric joining Madrid apart from Madrid's reluctance to seal the deal.

Even if its true Levy told Modric he wouldn't stand in his way if Madrid came in, Levy certainly didn't say he would give him away. You'd have thought even 'Arry's grasp of finances would be sufficient to understand that. The facts seem to be that Levy has made it clear that Modric can leave if Madrid pay the asking price. There is nothing standing in the way of Modric joining Madrid apart from Madrid's reluctance to seal the deal.

Let me ask you something - actually anyone.

If we didnt have much funds (it may seem we dont - in which case where the fudge has all our money gone) then would you sell Modric for less than what we would have expected i.e. 5m less? No one seems to be offering what we want and it seems we need the funds to buy a striker or two.

If we dont have the funds then whilst levys stand against those ****s (RM) is admirable it is to the detriment of our team and rebuilding of our squad.

Let me ask you something - actually anyone.

If we didnt have much funds (it may seem we dont - in which case where the fudge has all our money gone) then would you sell Modric for less than what we would have expected i.e. 5m less? No one seems to be offering what we want and it seems we need the funds to buy a striker or two.

If we dont have the funds then whilst levys stand against those ****s (RM) is admirable it is to the detriment of our team and rebuilding of our squad.

Yes, and to be honest I just want rid of Modric now - this whole saga isn't doing anyone any good. Plus those funds will surely go towards a replacement CM too, so the sooner this is all sorted the better....

I dont think it was a secret anyways that Modric would be sold this summer. We knew that last summers fiasco was just deferring the inevitable
Lets be honest most Managers will let the cat out the bag at some point - AVB did it.

As for wanting to sell him, maybe Harry wanted to sell him to bring in funds for players like perhaps a striker? the striker or two we still havent got and it appears (presumptuous) that we dont actually have much of those funds available and being left behind.

Arse are actually strengthening people will find a reason to think otherwise - the same people who also said 'oh once RVP gets injured etc etc etc'

No it wasn't a secret that he 'might' be sold this summer, however (and perhaps you only saw the short post before I edited it to add more) the whole issue of price versus Madrid's behavior is absolutely vital in this current equation.

As for the 'most managers' comment, the much-maligned but circumstances not understood Juande Ramos has NEVER spoken about us in such a way since leaving. he got paid off, yes, but so did Harry.

Regarding your presumptuousness, I think you're right, you are being presumptuous.

No it wasn't a secret that he 'might' be sold this summer, however (and perhaps you only saw the short post before I edited it to add more) the whole issue of price versus Madrid's behavior is absolutely vital in this current equation.

As for the 'most managers' comment, the much-maligned but circumstances not understood Juande Ramos has NEVER spoken about us in such a way since leaving. he got paid off, yes, but so did Harry.

Regarding your presumptuousness, I think you're right, you are being presumptuous.

Well we never know the facts right? None of us do. We can only go based on assumptions, what differentiates opinions is whether they were fair assumptions or unrealistic assumptions.

Anyways im not here to back Harry he has gone and I have moved on

I do agree with you regarding Real Madrids behavior etc and whilst I would love to be stubborn and not sell Luka to those ****s, my later post asks the question whether we actually HAVE to sell. Simply because there are other areas in our squad which requires strengthening.

Yes, and to be honest I just want rid of Modric now - this whole saga isn't doing anyone any good. Plus those funds will surely go towards a replacement CM too, so the sooner this is all sorted the better....

I want him gone just fudge him off - i dont blame levy in this situation and I see why we still havent sold him - RM's conduct and well lowballing us and I admire our stand against those ****s.

On the basis replacing Modric with the times of Moutinho would cost virtually all the Modric money I don't see any wider benefits really. So in my mind Modric staying or going is isolated from other business

On the basis replacing Modric with the times of Moutinho would cost virtually all the Modric money I don't see any wider benefits really. So in my mind Modric staying or going is isolated from other business

UNLESS

You dont replace him with Moutinho and replace him with say a Dembele? who would be around 15-20m cheaper than Moutinho

I guess that's a possibility,but we should really go for Moutinho if attainable - I can't see a more realistic and able replacement for Modric. Failing that I certainly wouldn't be unhappy with Dembele....

Modric and Moutinho are, imo, a class above Dembele. I like Dembele but would prefer one of those two starting for us.

Keeping Modric isn't the end of the world imo

Last edited:

It would be something if The Sun focussed a bit more attention on Madrid, and how they are the ones who have effectively frozen the transfer right now. The price was named, the deal was getting close, they realized they were the only game in town and suddenly dropped the price to 27 mill. Wouldn't take a genius to figure out they told the player's agent that he would get a % of the figure diff between 27 & 35 mill. It would appear that as soon as this tactic appeared to have been employed, Levy apparently decided it would be 40 or nothing. PERSONALLY, i think he'd have taken the 35 but for the arrogant withdrawal of that offer because Real thought they could force a deal through.

Steff this reminds me of the Rio to Leeds shenanigans when Redknapp was at Wet spam. Talk was he was getting a cut from Pini zahavi who was brokering the deal as he changed from refusing to consider the transfer to suddenly backing it much to Terence Brown's bemusement. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same with Modric. The man does not give a damn about any club only knows how to line his own pocket.

Back