• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You missed out the best part of the Aquilani transfer:

More on #Aquilani deal: 3years deal, in the first 2 years #Fiorentina and #LFC will pay his 4m€ wage 50% each. Then 1.6m€ 3rd year by Viola

Sorry, so, let me get this straight.. Liverpool are still paying 2m a year on wages to Aquilani for the next 2 years, then 2.4m in the 3rd year, a total of 6.4m over 3 years? So basically in 3 years time the net transfer fee is 600k?

They've basically let him go on a free haven't they?

and they will buy Joe Allen instead, a young english midfielder for 15m. He has not established himself and is little more than this years Charlie Adam ...

they will never learn

Sorry, so, let me get this straight.. Liverpool are still paying 2m a year on wages to Aquilani for the next 2 years, then 2.4m in the 3rd year, a total of 6.4m over 3 years? So basically in 3 years time the net transfer fee is 600k?

Ha ha. 20mil down the drain. Surely they could have got a few million for him off someone else.

The way I read it he will have a lower overall wage in his third year. Probably he has 2 years left on his Liverpool contract and didn't want to take a (big) drop in wages for that period, but he realizes that he won't get as much after that so he accepts a lower wage per year after that.

He's still been very expensive for Liverpool, a mate of mine is a Liverpool fan and his back of the napkin calculations were that he had cost them around £32m in total. More than a million per game.

Ha ha. 20mil down the drain. Surely they could have got a few million for him off someone else.

Not with his wages and injury history. Only way they could get rid, they have pretty much just cut their losses while they could and meanwhile dropped their wage budget a bit to make room for Allen or someone else.

Tell you what, while its funny they are tinkling a hell of a lot of money away, they are still a sustainable profitable club, only us and the scum are the only 2 other clubs in the prem that live within our means. So they are making a hell of a lot of cash.

Not with his wages and injury history. Only way they could get rid, they have pretty much just cut their losses while they could and meanwhile dropped their wage budget a bit to make room for Allen or someone else.

If they hadn't lost most of their wingers this summer I would have expected to see Joe Cole leave as well.

Tell you what, while its funny they are tinkling a hell of a lot of money away, they are still a sustainable profitable club, only us and the scum are the only 2 other clubs in the prem that live within our means. So they are making a hell of a lot of cash.

Not so sure about that. They've been cutting their losses big style with the new owners covering it, paying off debt, paying over the odds for new players. They're running losses at the moment, but they think they can get back in the CL places soon.

Mourinho's quotes on -

Kaka (clear "stay"):
"For me there is no problem. We will try to get the best out of him. He is a good player. He played well last season and helped us win games," he said. "Our hope is that he stays. As a coach I would be happy because he is serious, hardworking and contributes to the group.

Sahin (veiled "go")
"If he stays, he's not a problem for me. He's one more solution. We are leaving the situation in his hands. Decide what you want to decide, to be happy. If you decide to leave we're going to help you to leave. If you decide to stay, we're going to support you and try to succeed this season."

The Liverpool oversea support is huge, 2nd only to Utd. It's a money machine. The huge money they have spent has not been spent wisely though, which is the amusing bit. No way they'll get CL this year IMHO.

The more I see of Joe Allen the more I like him. He'll be a decent acquisition if they get him and one that obviously fits well with what Rodgers is trying to do.

Not so sure about that. They've been cutting their losses big style with the new owners covering it, paying off debt, paying over the odds for new players. They're running losses at the moment, but they think they can get back in the CL places soon.
I'm a bit confused about Pool. The bin-dippers presumably don't pay to get in, they just jump the turnstile, or maybe it is like £3 to get in, so they can't make much money from gate receipts

They keep finishing low down, and are not a CL team any more.

Surely they should be doing a Leeds Utd soon, not looking to forge up the table by splashing the cash.

W*nkers.

Oh, and someone said about ten pages ago that Arsenil keep making it into the CL so they make lots of money - but I would imagine they spend it all on wages and bonuses like we did, so not as big a net positive as you might think.

Shall we all just agree not to post for 3 hours and see if that brings us a new striker?
Perhaps if we hold our breath too?

The Liverpool oversea support is huge, 2nd only to Utd. It's a money machine. The huge money they have spent has not been spent wisely though, which is the amusing bit. No way they'll get CL this year IMHO.

The more I see of Joe Allen the more I like him. He'll be a decent acquisition if they get him and one that obviously fits well with what Rodgers is trying to do.

Don't tell me the bin-dippers buy genuine shirts abroad? Far East fans will buy knock-offs, any others would just steal them and leg it... no?

I'm a bit confused about Pool. The bin-dippers presumably don't pay to get in, they just jump the turnstile, or maybe it is like £3 to get in, so they can't make much money from gate receipts

They keep finishing low down, and are not a CL team any more.

Surely they should be doing a Leeds Utd soon, not looking to forge up the table by splashing the cash.

W*nkers.

Oh, and someone said about ten pages ago that Arsenil keep making it into the CL so they make lots of money - but I would imagine they spend it all on wages and bonuses like we did, so not as big a net positive as you might think.

Shall we all just agree not to post for 3 hours and see if that brings us a new striker?
Perhaps if we hold our breath too?

I expect every update on twitter to be something breakin about us.

Salomón Rondón hasn't travelled with the Málaga squad to Italy for the Juventus friendly tomorrow. Marca are expecting him to sign for Rubin Kazan for €8-10 million.

fcukity fcuk

Salomón Rondón hasn't travelled with the Málaga squad to Italy for the Juventus friendly tomorrow. Marca are expecting him to sign for Rubin Kazan for €8-10 million.

fcukity fcuk

not that good either way, would be a nice asset for that money, but not a pound more

Football Agent ‏@Football_Agent9

Giving a four year deal to a thirty year old is pretty poor business IMO. Etuhu is a good player but has v little/no resale value..
Nuno Gomes, Danny Murphy, who next? Steve McManaman? Haha, sorry, I just couldn't resist! Big Spurs news coming also, next week!

GRRR!!!

Rondon's a good player. He's the type that Saudi Sportswashing Machine would buy, score loads and everyone would be like why the fudge did we not buy him?!?

Rondon's a good player. He's the type that Saudi Sportswashing Machine would buy, score loads and everyone would be like why the fudge did we not buy him?!?

exactly!!

8-10 million euros cannot be right, they are practically giving him away

Back