• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If they only let him leave on a loan wouldn't that indicate that Mourinho thinks he has a future at the club, wouldn't they look to sell him permanently if he didn't think he had a future?

I rate Sahin very highly, if he will ever be good enough to be a regular starter for Real though is a different question. He could be a fantastic player and still not be good enough for Real and Barca. I would be very happy bringing in a player that was not quite good enough for those sides.
On 2nd read of that article Mourinho doesn't mention Arsenal at all, even though the headline implies he is Arsenal bound. In saying that he probably is going to Arsenal but the point stands.

At this stage I beginning to think we have a higher probability of keeping Modric than signing someone to replace him.

Goakeeper Anders Lindegaard has signed a new four-year contract with Manchester United.

LFC boss Brendan Rodgers has denied that Daniel Agger's Europa League absence is an indicator of a move to mcfc

That a Saudi prince visited the new spurs training ground today?

ITK POSTED ON DML:

Not sure why but a post I sent earlier didn't appear to make it through, but below is basically what I said at the time (around 2.30pm)

Nipped to the Spurs store at WHL where I used to work and so I managed to catch up with a few old colleague who still work there. In amongst all the chat I got a few snippets of info about the what's going on (i.e. the third kit is definitely that black-and-grey kit we've all seen leaked) but there was one bit that really intrigued me. When talking about our the reported new-found money I told them a couple of rumours I had heard which could account for this (1. that Joe Lewis has apparently decided to pay for the new stadium out of his own money, and 2. the naming rights have already been agreed etc.). One of my friends then told me that the Prince of Brunei was scheduled to arrive at WHl at 3pm and be shown round. Now of course this could mean absolutely nothing, but at the same time I found it quite interesting and felt that I should pass this on. Like I said, I sent this message (albeit slightly more condensed as I didn't have much time) earlier but having checked back here just now I can't see it anywhere...

Goakeeper Anders Lindegaard has signed a new four-year contract with Manchester United.

LFC boss Brendan Rodgers has denied that Daniel Agger's Europa League absence is an indicator of a move to mcfc

From what i've seen of Lindergaard i think he's gonna be an awesome GK.

FFS SPURS SIGN SOMEONE.

Lindegaard is 10x the keeper de Gea is in my opinion, brilliant goalkeeper and will be Man Utd's number one for years to come.

Yeah, shame he's signed a new deal. Not that there was much of a chance anyway but he has been a terrific find. Anyone remember the fee?

Do you think we may ask Chelscum for lukaku and maybe bring in a Lewandowski?

Just read in the sun that Lukaku wants a loan out

Akqayid:
The only fax I know is in N17.... And it working on outgoings 1 to Holland, 1 to the champ and 1 to Spain. No names. Just #lockdownatthelane

Nad Hussain ‏@nad_THFC
@akqayid I'll have a stab lol Gomes to Holland Bassong to Montpellier (champs) Gio or Bentley to Spain 2/3? LOL

akqayid @akqayid
ooooohhhhhh Your good. Last one wrong though

Yeah, shame he's signed a new deal. Not that there was much of a chance anyway but he has been a terrific find. Anyone remember the fee?

He was good, but never outstanding before they signed him. Sometimes you take a punt and it works out.

really ? new world class training ground and we are still using a fax? a facsimile machine? oh i hope it has a laser printer in it 'cos thermal papers fade over time.

I'm more than okay with selling Gomes and Bassong. Then we'd suddenly be in the market for a keeper. The one to Spain is probably Modric.

I bet Levy is sitting in Tottenham Towers laughing his little cotton socks off at us desperate for a signing when in fact he has closed the chequebook for the summer

Yeah but lets be honest at Spurs he wont have Drogba and a 50m striker standing in his way.

He will have errr - NO ONE (unless someone else comes in)

He chose Chelsea for regular football and Drogba, now he's got neither.

Still bemuses me that Sahin is so willing to go to Arsenal and not us, but all the reports around it suggest that we had no interest in Sahin when they tried to offer him to us. I wonder why AVB doesn't rate him.

Yeah but lets be honest at Spurs he wont have Drogba and a 50m striker standing in his way.

He will have errr - NO ONE (unless someone else comes in)

doesnt matter, he was very angry with the way AVB treated him......

Lukaku: 'I will never forgive AVB'

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku has launched a stinging criticism of former manager Andre Villas-Boas, insisting he will "never forgive" the Portuguese boss.

Lukaku, 19, believes that he was sidelined by Villas-Boas from the day he arrived at the club, saying the former Porto boss did not treat him with respect.

Although Lukaku was signed during the Villas-Boas era at Stamford Bridge, he was bought as a result of a long-standing scouting project by the club - not at Villas-Boas' request.

Speaking after Chelsea's Champions League triumph, Lukaku told Sport Wereld: "I could not believe it. I had to think 'Is this really happening'? European champion ... My life has changed and I'm only nineteen.

"But there is one person that I will never forgive for what he did to me - the previous coach. It's not just that. It was also the way he spoke to me and treated me. Right from the beginning, it was weird. I could not stand how he was treating me. I received no explanation.

"In training he put me on the right or left wing. In training matches I was a substitute with a shirt to keep swapping teams. I really learned nothing! I have told the club that too. I understand that he was under pressure, but I was also thinking of myself. I have improved in recent months."

Back