• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some of the posters on SC with connections are alle getting very excited on their twitter accounts. The usual stuff, just wait a little longer, it will be worth it.

Yann M'Vila has emerged as a transfer target for Spurs, after Arsenal ended their interest in the Rennes midfielder.

The France international was expected to move to the Emirates Stadium this summer, but Gunners boss Arsene Wenger decided against pursuing his interest after rumours the player had been disruptive during Euro 2012.

However, M'Vila could still be on his way to London before the beginning of the new season.

Spurs are now the club most interested in signing the 22-year-old and a £9.5 million offer is being prepared, reports Le 10 Sport.

White Hart Lane officials have apparently already met the player's representatives to discuss the possible move and the only issue left to resolve is the transfer fee.

Rennes value M'Vila at £12 million and hope Tottenham's interest will persuade other clubs to bid.

Inter Milan were reported to be keen on the midfielder earlier in the summer, but have now decided to focus on other targets.

Zenit St Petersburg are rumoured to be interested, but it is not clear whether M'Vila would be prepared to move to Russia.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/907401-yann-mvila-eyed-for-spurs-transfer-after-arsenal-end-interest

Some of the posters on SC with connections are alle getting very excited on their twitter accounts. The usual stuff, just wait a little longer, it will be worth it.

Seriously though. When during this window have they not been really excited.

It's fun to play make believe.

What the fudge has modric money got to do with the keeper? Ridiculous. Modric money sould go to replacing modric first and foremost. Striker and winger second. This transfer window is really doing my fudging head in. AVBs seen everyone, let's sell the crp and get the replacements in!

So we have Hud, Parker and Sandro so why would we sign Yann M'Vila?

'Rennes value M'Vila at £12 million and hope Tottenham's interest will persuade other clubs to bid.'

I.e his agent has linked us to him so he hopes others clubs want in as well.

A month ago people in the know were telling me the Adebayor transfer was a done deal. Funny that because a month later I am still waiting

on keepers we've seen a young ones and an experienced ones go bad. recently. no wonder levy is not rushing into things.
curiously since leitert left, has tony parks been any good with our keepers? cudicini and friedel were purchases of over-the-hill keepers but turned out good not because of keeper training.

Voted on the poll - sell Defoe. I'd like to sell him and buy in Daniel Sturridge and Adebayor then after the first couple of games decide if another is necessary

on keepers we've seen a young ones and an experienced ones go bad. recently. no wonder levy is not rushing into things.
curiously since leitert left, has tony parks been any good with our keepers? cudicini and friedel were purchases of over-the-hill keepers but turned out good not because of keeper training.

IIRC there was an almost immediate improvement in both the performance and the decision making of the keeper after Parkes' employment

Voted on the poll - sell Defoe. I'd like to sell him and buy in Daniel Sturridge and Adebayor then after the first couple of games decide if another is necessary

My bad, I've fixed it now. The idea was to sell him without a replacement. I've put you down for two strikers instead if that's okay?

My bad, I've fixed it now. The idea was to sell him without a replacement. I've put you down for two strikers instead if that's okay?

Lol do we often have Steve Kean vote in these polls then?!

Yep 2 strikers is fine seeing as we currently have both Rafa and Siggy :) (but I'd prefer Defoe not to be one of them as much as I'd love to see him bang 20 in next season...

Lol do we often have Steve Kean vote in these polls then?!

Yep 2 strikers is fine seeing as we currently have both Rafa and Siggy :) (but I'd prefer Defoe not to be one of them as much as I'd love to see him bang 20 in next season...

If you can imagine it, there's someone out there that wants it.

I did toy with the idea of a 4-6-0 or a 3-7-0 not that long ago having read an article about an Italian manager who pioneered it...they were the Roma side who lost a stupid amount to nil to Manchester united but Ferguson was highly complimentary of the manager and his system. But i wouldn't vote for it!

What a fudging idiot.

Levy is low-balling Lyon, not because we can't afford it, but because that's what he does. We could buy Lloris tomorrow if we wanted, but Levy likes to yank a few chains.

His Dad is a plank if he thinks we'd ejaculate Modric money...on a goalkeeper.

We don't desperately need a Keeper. Levy can low-ball Lyon all he wants but he needs to go all out and throw money at a striker. 2 weeks left to the start of the season. We need to stop fudging around on this front.

Turkish media reporting that Fenerbahce are already willing to let Moussa Sow leave and are looking to replace him with Gomis of Lyon for 14m Euros (apparently there is an economic crisis at Lyon).

Anyone think much of Sow?

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Emirates Marketing Project are set to launch a £20m bid for Roma's Italian international midfielder Daniele De Rossi, 29.

Full story: Daily Mail

Robin van Persie is set for an uncomfortable return to the Arsenal side after Manchester United, Emirates Marketing Project and Juventus cooled their interest in the 28-year-old striker.

Full story: Metro
Daniele De Rossi

Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi is on Roberto Mancini's wish list for City

Jose Mourinho has told Arsenal he will not stand in their way as they look to take midfielder Nuri Sahin, 23, on loan from Real Madrid.

Full story: The Guardian

Manchester United are intent on finishing off a £30m move for Brazil's Lucas Moura, 19, from Sao Paulo.

Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are both looking at 20-year-old FC Porto winger Christian Atsu, who scored on his debut for Ghana in June.

Full story: Insidefutbol.com

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have made an enquiry for French midfielder Jeremy Toulalan, 28, currently with financially troubled Malaga.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Tottenham look to have missed out on Malaga's Venezuelan striker Salomon Rondon after Russian club Rubin Kazan made an offer of £10m.
Ryo Miyaichi

Ryo Miyaichi could replace Victor Moses at the DW Stadium

Full story: Footy Latest

Cardiff City have opened talks about signing Craig Bellamy from Liverpool, just over a year after his loan spell in south Wales ended.

Full story: Metro

Steve Pienaar wants Everton to resist advances from Manchester United for left-back Leighton Baines.

Wigan want to take Arsenal's Japanese striker Ryo Miyaichi, 19, on loan as a replacement for Victor Moses, who looks set to join Chelsea.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Manchester United appear to have beaten Chelsea and Juventus to the signature of Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski, 23.

Full story: Footy Latest
OTHER GOSSIP

Brendan Rodgers wants Liverpool striker Luiz Suarez to move on from the Patrice Evra controversy.

AND FINALLY

Rodgers has written an open letter to Liverpool fans after his first competitive match in charge, thanking them for their support against Gomel.

Back