• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wouldn't surprise me if the whole Ade deal just never happens and he ends up going to Russia. It seems like reports are suggesting all three parties involved are trying it on and that's not good odds on getting him signed.

Lets say we managed to get Lewandowski instead and passed on Ade would anyone really be that bothered we didn't sign him? I know I wouldn't. With a bit of cash to spend and AVB's pull I'd like to believe we could do better than Ade now.

That's depressing. I know I should be focussing on us, but until we start signing top quality players up front it's not great to see your great rivals strengthen considerably. Their first XI with Cazorla and Sahin and RVP is ridiculously strong.

-------------------------Chezney---------------------------
Sagna----------Vermaelan----------Kosielny----------Gibbs
----------------Song--------------Wheelchair------------------
----------Cazorla----------Sahin---------------Podolski------
----------------------------RVP-----------------------------

Even if you replace RVP with Giroud that is a strong side.

The good (for them):
RVP (if he stays obviously)
Vermaelen
Sagna (although he is very injury prone imo)
Basically going on you guys as i've not seen much of either sahin or cazorla so i guess they may be good
The bad
Rvp will not be there long (hopefully)
Giroud and poldoslki are unproven in this league and Giroud has never played in a top 4 league, hasn;t poldolski got reaccuring homesickness problems that blighted him at bayern munich? Podolski also has only played in one league which whilst is aggressive as the BPL is no where near as fast so that could be a factor.
Wishere is injury prone- wasn't there rumours of a career threatening injury a few weeks ago?
Gibbs- injury prone/ unproven
Kosielny- sorry he's crap
never really rated song tbh but, he does have some technical ability and can pass.

Di Matteo will be the first Premiership manager sacked this season. I can imagine Chelsea trailing back to midtable within the next 5 years. I think without a top manager that their time at the top is over.

The players they have signed this summer do not fit into the way he had them playing at the end of last season. If he changes the way they play then the older players may need to be dropped and we know what happens when Frank and Terry are not selected.

What I don't get is that AVB loves Modric as evidenced by their bids last summer. That type of player would work perfectly in his system as evidenced by the Moutinho links yet Sahin who is a similar style player doesnt even seem to be in the running.

Probably been said but are they really that different a player? Seem fairly similar to me with maybe Sahin playing slightly further up the pitch and being a more incisive passer rather than a retainer although he does also recycle possession well.

Wasn't that based only on one ITK post though or something like that?

I don't think we'll get him as I don't think he'll leave Real for us at this stage.

Koscielny was crap but last season he was fantastic, sadly. I was impressed whenever I watched him play.
I disagree, tbh crap is overreacting but, i thought that he was shocking at times last season and looked clumsy when i saw him. However, I may be just biased. Still think he's crap*

*not really but, for the sake of hyperbole. Really I would give him a 6/10 in the premier league defender scale, he's not one of the worst but, he's certainly not one of the best imo

Wasn't that based only on one ITK post though or something like that?

I don't think we'll get him as I don't think he'll leave Real for us at this stage.

Dont know but I'm sure if we said we want Sahin on loan or perm or no Modric then they would force him to sign for us

Wouldn't surprise me if the whole Ade deal just never happens and he ends up going to Russia. It seems like reports are suggesting all three parties involved are trying it on and that's not good odds on getting him signed.

Lets say we managed to get Lewandowski instead and passed on Ade would anyone really be that bothered we didn't sign him? I know I wouldn't. With a bit of cash to spend and AVB's pull I'd like to believe we could do better than Ade now.

a) We need two strikers not one
b) Ade's link up play is very good so yeah ill take him

I disagree, tbh crap is overreacting but, i thought that he was shocking at times last season and looked clumsy when i saw him. However, I may be just biased. Still think he's crap*

*not really but, for the sake of hyperbole. Really I would give him a 6/10 in the premier league defender scale, he's not one of the worst but, he's certainly not one of the best imo

I can only assume that you don't watch football. Van Persie aside he was Arsenal's best player last season.

Koscielny was much improved last year. Good player.

Worrisome if Arsenal get both Cazola and Sahin, and not even just for this year. Those are two young fantastic talents for now and the future.

Make some moves AVB, make some moves.

a) We need two strikers not one
b) Ade's link up play is very good so yeah ill take him

I can't see Levy sanctioning the purchase of those two strikers on around 100k a week that will want to be first choice for what will probably end up being a lone striker role. We'll more than likely end up with one quality striker and someone younger that shows promise, fits the role and is willing to develop and learn at the club.

I can only assume that you don't watch football. Van Persie aside he was Arsenal's best player last season.

What a polite thing to say.

I don't rate him, you do, that means I don't watch football doesn't it? Actually that's exactly why I joined a football forum because I don't watch football and wanted to make random assumptions on players I had never seen before. I actually do this alot in my life, I go into supermarkets and walk around saying that cravendale milk is crap but, in the grand scheme of things it really isn't that bad a beverage but, it's certainly not one of the best even though I've never taken in any liquid in my entire life.

I can't see Levy sanctioning the purchase of those two strikers on around 100k a week that will want to be first choice for what will probably end up being a lone striker role. We'll more than likely end up with one quality striker and someone younger that shows promise, fits the role and is willing to develop and learn at the club.

Its a big risk with one striker. What happens if Ade or anyone else gets injured? Our season could be over or rather our forward line would be much less effective.

Also where is the competition to motivate the striker? Ade as we saw last season cannot be counted on scoring all the time and cannot be counted for putting in performances each game he also looked a bit tired at times.

Its a big risk with one striker. What happens if Ade or anyone else gets injured? Our season could be over or rather our forward line would be much less effective.

Also where is the competition to motivate the striker? Ade as we saw last season cannot be counted on scoring all the time and cannot be counted for putting in performances each game he also looked a bit tired at times.

Which is why he said we should sign two... :p

Which is why he said we should sign two... :p

Oh did he? My bad.

Although I do think he/she (i wish) said they wanted one main striker and a younger type striker - would that mean someone like Kane? I wouldnt trust him at all

Back