• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah I'm a big fan of Hudd too. Getting him back is like a new signing really. You just have to setup to play to his strengths.

Midfield three of Sahin, Hudd and Sandro might work. A bit of everything.

I agree, although Moutinho,Hudd,Sandro would be good too.

If Gooners get Cazorla and Sahin i think the top 4 is impossible.
If Arsenal get these two and manage to hold onto RVP then they should be in the title mix. Chelsea have bought their way back into it too.

To stand still is to fall behind. Come on Spurs, show some intent.

If Arsenal get these two and manage to hold onto RVP then they should be in the title mix. Chelsea have bought their way back into it too.

They have bought some talents, but not improved the starting eleven IMO. I also think Di Matteo will get the sack at some point next season.

Agreed. Hopefully Levy and AVB have a few aces up their sleeves before the traditional end of window scramble begins...

You not seen Chelsea's ambition this summer?

I've seen their ambition this summer yes.

Unless i'm mistaken i saw their ambition when they bought Torres as well.

They've bought a large number of players who are going to get used to playing together and in an entirely new league.

In addition to which they still have Roberto Di Matteo.

Now i'm not saying it won't be good long term, you know when rdm gets fired and the newbies all acclimatise. However i don't think they'll do that well short term.

No way arse to win title. RVP is a goner and as for cazorla don't know much but if he fits the mould of other arse tippy tappy midfielders will not provide the bite they've missed in the middle since viera left.

Fourth Official @FourthOfficial_

Santi Cazorla has passed a medical and is expected to finish formalities tomorrow before being confirmed an Arsenal player

That's depressing. I know I should be focussing on us, but until we start signing top quality players up front it's not great to see your great rivals strengthen considerably. Their first XI with Cazorla and Sahin and RVP is ridiculously strong.

-------------------------Chezney---------------------------
Sagna----------Vermaelan----------Kosielny----------Gibbs
----------------Song--------------Wheelchair------------------
----------Cazorla----------Sahin---------------Podolski------
----------------------------RVP-----------------------------

Even if you replace RVP with Giroud that is a strong side.

They've bought a large number of players who are going to get used to playing together and in an entirely new league.

Now i'm not saying it won't be good long term, you know when rdm gets fired and the newbies all acclimatise. However i don't think they'll do that well short term.

I'm basing it on ability though, much like how me and kingdawson are also basing Arsenal. Cazorla and Sahin could be the biggest flops as well as Podolski and Giroud etc.

but a team of Torres upfront, Hazard and Oscar on the wings with Ramires, Lampard, Meireles, Marin etc. all to fit in the midfield etc.

I'm basing it on ability though, much like how me and kingdawson are also basing Arsenal. Cazorla and Sahin could be the biggest flops as well as Podolski and Giroud etc.

but a team of Torres upfront, Hazard and Oscar on the wings with Ramires, Lampard, Meireles, Marin etc. all to fit in the midfield etc.

Ah right, I was assuming arsenal would acclimatise sooner because they won't have to swap their midfield around every single game to accommodate all the players that they have signed.

On pure ability yes, Chelsea will be dangerous, but i don't think we'll see the full extent of that ability in this coming season.

That's depressing. I know I should be focussing on us, but until we start signing top quality players up front it's not great to see your great rivals strengthen considerably. Their first XI with Cazorla and Sahin and RVP is ridiculously strong.

Wheelchair is out till the new year and Podolski is crap.

With Ade, Moutinho and maybe two others, we'd be a decent match for those.

Remember also AVB will bring tactics and fitness to the table, which are things we've not had in years.

And that's without mentioning Arteta who is bound to be in the mix.

They've bought a load of players who cannot play together in the same team, managed by someone who has never rebuilt a team and the club didn't want. It'll end in tears. Again.

Sadly that's an awesome team (and that's not even including Arteta).

Di Matteo will be the first Premiership manager sacked this season. I can imagine Chelsea trailing back to midtable within the next 5 years. I think without a top manager that their time at the top is over.

What I don't get is that AVB loves Modric as evidenced by their bids last summer. That type of player would work perfectly in his system as evidenced by the Moutinho links yet Sahin who is a similar style player doesnt even seem to be in the running.

Probably been said but are they really that different a player? Seem fairly similar to me with maybe Sahin playing slightly further up the pitch and being a more incisive passer rather than a retainer although he does also recycle possession well.

Wonder how Abramovic will react if these new signings doesen't give him the success he wants. Will he throw even more money at the problem or will he say enough is enough...

What I don't get is that AVB loves Modric as evidenced by their bids last summer. That type of player would work perfectly in his system as evidenced by the Moutinho links yet Sahin who is a similar style player doesnt even seem to be in the running.

Probably been said but are they really that different a player? Seem fairly similar to me with maybe Sahin playing slightly further up the pitch and being a more incisive passer rather than a retainer although he does also recycle possession well.

I'm not sure that the manager has much say in the marquee signings at Chelsea

Back