• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
not as mobile my arse

[video=youtube;VzUxroKDmFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzUxroKDmFk[/video]

redknapp wasnt given money to buy his own players. not sure where this idea of him being bad in the transfer market comes from

as of right now AVB hasnt been too crash hot in that area but then it isnt him not getting his targets...its levy

maybe levy is just a shrewd guy?

What?
You are joking, right?

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html

Coulibay £2m
Parker £6m
Sandro £6m
Van Der Vart £8m
Khumalo £1.5m
Pienaar £3m
Naughton £5m
Walker £3m
Crouch £9m
Bassong £8m
Kranjcar £2m
Kaboul £5m
Keane £12m
Defoe £15m
Palacios £12m

As well as wages for Cudicini, Chimbonda, Jimmy Walker, Gallas, Friedel, Saha, nelsen and Adebayor on loan.

How exactly wasnt Redknapp given money?

Great list, except Sandro and VdV weren't Harry signings per se...

Well no, but you'd assume the money was there to spend.

Oh I agree, but fair is fair...trust me, I think Harry had plenty to spend, there was more available to him specifically in the Jan 2011 window and he simply could not pull the trigger on a couple of big name strikers who were there and who we were prepared to spend on.

not as mobile my arse

[video=youtube;VzUxroKDmFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzUxroKDmFk[/video]

Not sure how you can demonstrate mobility with a youtube compilation of 10 second clips! You need to see all the places he turns up on the pitch over a continuous period.

Not sure how you can demonstrate mobility with a youtube compilation of 10 second clips! You need to see all the places he turns up on the pitch over a continuous period.

Well I watched the majority of his games for Dortmund so I know of his mobility. But I thought i'd post the youtube clip which wasn't actually linked to the whole mobility argument

If I was to pick anything out of that youtube it's that Sahin has a fantastic eye for a through ball. Some beauties in there. I could see Bale running on to a few of those and.......ah.

I have''t seen enough of him to make a real judgement. I mostly want him because Arsenal want him.

Great list, except Sandro and VdV weren't Harry signings per se...

Steff/y/an/ie

Harry was given some money early on - the primary objective was to stave off relegation. Which he did.

Our objective was to consolidate top six - so he spent a bit more and we ended up in CL.

Its at that point that we actually stopped spending a bit. The crucial point last summer really where our objectives changed to actually achieving top four and beyond - we didnt really spend.

A number of those players dont forget the coullibalys, walkers, naughtons of this world were for the future. If you want to build for the future you have to spend on those players but you cant really count them as expenditure.

I wouldnt count this Fryers kid as expenditure for the first team for example.

Dont forget also - Harry sold a number of those players - Chimbonda, Keane, Palacios, Crouch and recouped some of his money back.

Fourth Official @FourthOfficial_

Santi Cazorla has passed a medical and is expected to finish formalities tomorrow before being confirmed an Arsenal player

If I was to pick anything out of that youtube it's that Sahin has a fantastic eye for a through ball. Some beauties in there. I could see Bale running on to a few of those and.......ah.

I have''t seen enough of him to make a real judgement. I mostly want him because Arsenal want him.

You say that, but a lot of his through balls reminded me of how much we missed Hudd last year, his ability to get Lennon and Bale through or see there runs was definitely missed, I hope he has a big part to play this season

akqayid @akqayid
Dembele. I've heard and @Gards44 will Confirm. #SCITK

Daniel Gardiner @Gards44
@akqayid @alexclayton1981 @jetsetyid Outside completely locked out! Got word of it due to some inflated prices on other targets!

The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid
I'm not as nervous as I was this morning :0) #thingsaremovingfinally

You say that, but a lot of his through balls reminded me of how much we missed Hudd last year, his ability to get Lennon and Bale through or see there runs was definitely missed, I hope he has a big part to play this season

Yeah I'm a big fan of Hudd too. Getting him back is like a new signing really. You just have to setup to play to his strengths.

Midfield three of Sahin, Hudd and Sandro might work. A bit of everything.

Back