• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'm glad that arsenal's signed a number of players.
if anything they were closest to us with respect to the financial model, and here they are demonstrating that it is necessary to makes some sizeable investments to take some risks (rvp hasn't been sold yet) to advance.

maybe this will alert levy that there's a chance that he is taking his conservative financial philosophy a wee bit too far.

if anything they were closest to us with respect to the financial model, and here they are demonstrating that it is necessary to makes some sizeable investments to take some risks (rvp hasn't been sold yet) to advance.

maybe this will alert levy that there's a chance that he is taking his conservative financial philosophy a wee bit too far.

I'm fine with that. They can sign as many players as they want to if it makes Levy change his ways.

I just wish they weren't such good ones.

They've finished paying for their stadium now though and are reaping the rewards of increased ticket revenue. That's what we've (hopefully) got to come in the future but at present although our financial model is indeed in the vein of Arsenal, it's still very much a scale model...

They've finished paying for their stadium now though and are reaping the rewards of increased ticket revenue. That's what we've (hopefully) got to come in the future but at present although our financial model is indeed in the vein of Arsenal, it's still very much a scale model...

Arsenal offer consistent CL football - which is like an extra 50m per year for them plus immeasurably more attraction to footballers like Cazorla - along with a far higher turnover thanks to their stadium. Not to mention the fact they've sold the likes of Adebayor (25m), Nasri (25m), and Fabregas (35m) in recent years.

Comparing our current spending power to theirs is just ridiculous. Sure they've started to flex their financial muscle, but that's because they've spent years accumulating money by developing young players to sell and waiting to pay off their stadium. We don't have that kind of youth product line yet, and even if we did and they didn't we still wouldn't be able to compete with their turnover.

After we build the stadium is the time to start asking for 'more ambitious' signings. We are still the same club, financially speaking, as the one whose record transfer is 16.5m - lower than Villa, same as Everton.

A young Van Persie for 2m is the 'Arsenal-type signing' we should be making.

id give Real a few more days, till Mon 6th Aug, to offer 40 mill and if they dont its goodbye to them this summer and Modric stays at Spurs

we simply dont have enough time to replace him now, not with the speed at which Levy operates

This is getting very worrying tbh. I still think we're going to sign a striker or two but we do like making things hard on ourselves. How fudging hard is it to identify a striker and make a bid? it's like we're happy to make bids on positions we're not in desperate need of but when it comes to the striking positions we freeze up and take an eternity to put a bid in. Is it the worst thing in the world to take a gamble on a striker once in a while ffs? i mean Gooners signed 2 just this summer ffs.

Chelsea and Arsenals summer activity scares the brick out of me. I'm delighted with Sigurddson though (Vertonghen i'm unsure about) but jeez sign some strikers.

if there is a fire sale at Malaga, why arent we in there for Rondon??? 22 or 23, can score with either foot, big, good in the air, strong, we need a couple of strikers and this guy could be one of them and probably for around 10-15 mill which should be affordable to us

if there is a fire sale at Malaga, why arent we in there for Rondon??? 22 or 23, can score with either foot, big, good in the air, strong, we need a couple of strikers and this guy could be one of them and probably for around 10-15 mill which should be affordable to us

The season before last he was exceptional (and he was good last season to when he actually started). He looks a good player so i don't see why we're not taking a gamble on him.

The season before last he was exceptional (and he was good last season to when he actually started). He looks a good player so i don't see why we're not taking a gamble on him.

he is still young so of course he will have ups and downs, but there is definite potential there, big potential in fact and just the type of signing we should be looking at. It really baffles me what the club is doing atm

And for all those saying we've closed the gap on the gooners, the shadow is shifting, no trophy in 7 years, imploding into oblivion, etc. - they can still attract good players and got their market work done nice and early whereas we're left sitting here having to chew over flimflam ITK which is a summary of headlines from newsnow.

Back