• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
West Ham's offer for Carroll amounts to a potential £21m—Loan fee of £2m, picking up his £3m wages, plus a further £16m if the club stay up.

Aston Villa have agreed terms with defender Ron Vlaar, and will pay Feyenoord a fee in the region of €4mil for his services

I have nothing against Carroll personally, but I think it would be quite funny if he went to West Ham and him staying permanently depended on them staying up only for them to get relegated and him having a mediocre season only to return to Liverpool being worth even less than he is now.

ESPN understands Real are prepared to raise bid for Modric to £33m but are unwilling to match Spurs' £40m valuation

Wenger on Sahin: "We did not sign anybody today, this report is wrong. We are not signing anybody at the moment - were not close

Total Football ‏@TotalFootball6
Also rumours that West Ham are trying to secure a deal for an unnamed midfielder who plays in La Liga.. Sources say this deal will same shock factor that Carlos Tevez & Javier Mascherano did arriving at the club. Exciting times indeed for West Ham supporters.

ESPN understands Real Madrid are prepared to increase their bid for Luka Modric to £33 million but are unwilling to match Tottenham's £40 million valuation of the midfielder.

An ESPN source said: "Real Madrid have now indicated they will increase their offer because they can see that Spurs are not interested in the players in part exchange. Andre Villa Boas has said he is not interested in Sahin.

"Real are back with a bid of £33 million but they do not value Modric at £40 million and in any case they don't have so much money.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1127767?&cc=5739

ESPN understands Real Madrid are prepared to increase their bid for Luka Modric to £33 million but are unwilling to match Tottenham's £40 million valuation of the midfielder.

An ESPN source said: "Real Madrid have now indicated they will increase their offer because they can see that Spurs are not interested in the players in part exchange. Andre Villa Boas has said he is not interested in Sahin.

"Real are back with a bid of £33 million but they do not value Modric at £40 million and in any case they don't have so much money.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1127767?&cc=5739
:ross::ross:

They will move some players on and then buy Modric, perhaps the delay and tactics is a way to delay the move and also try to bring the price down.

PSG buy Zlatan/Tiago Silva, AC buy Kaka, Real buy Modric.

£33m plus some add-ons putting another couple of mill on is a very good deal. Expectations of £40m+ have been unrealistic all along in my view, and I doubt Levy is really holding out for that amount.

Sahin on loan would be the short term option though wouldnt it.

When he leaves at the end of next season, we still need to fill that void.

£33m plus some add-ons putting another couple of mill on is a very good deal. Expectations of £40m+ have been unrealistic all along in my view, and I doubt Levy is really holding out for that amount.

£40 up front in unrealistic yes.

Am wondering what that £33m entails as their previous £27m offer was rumoured to include £5m add ons..

If that £33m has £5m addons i'd definitely be thinking about it..

Back