• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BackPage. ‏@BackPage

Various reports, including reliable football transfer page @TransferScoop say M’Vila is available for a cut-price fee, of around £11.7mil
Norwich have signed Michael Turner from Sunderland on a 2 year deal.

Again WTF has Redknapp go to do with this? This is AVB, in isolation. Redknapp is already a distant memory and AVB should not be compared to him.

In this case AVB is handling the situation incorrectly.

So you deny that saying all AVB has to do is use a phrase like "a t'riffic player" had nothing to do with Redknapp whatsoever, and that you just stumbled upon the adjective "t'riffic"?

Again, I don't get you sometimes. You make some good points, start some great debates, yet when you edge at something and are called on it, you deny any knowledge. Why? Three people saw that as a bit of good ol' fashioned comparison BTW...

So you deny that saying all AVB has to do is use a phrase like "a t'riffic player" had nothing to do with Redknapp whatsoever, and that you just stumbled upon the adjective "t'riffic"?

Again, I don't get you sometimes. You make some good points, start some great debates, yet when you edge at something and are called on it, you deny any knowledge. Why? Three people saw that as a bit of good ol' fashioned comparison BTW...

Yes I am denying it. "t'riffic" is a phrase that many Spurs fans use now long after the previous Manager has gone and I would imagine it's going to be a phrase we use for some time to come too. Long after AVB has gone myself and many more will be using "t'riffic" to describe a player I'm sure.

Yes I am denying it. "t'riffic" is a phrase that many Spurs fans use now long after the previous Manager has gone and I would imagine it's going to be a phrase we use for some time to come too. Long after AVB has gone myself and many more will be using "t'riffic" to describe a player I'm sure.

Well there's no arguing with one's own self-perception...just so as you know, there is a vowel in there which I think most of those people of which you speak have regularly used when employing this word, and will continue to for some time to come...

ESPN understands Real Madrid are prepared to increase their bid for Luka Modric to £33 million but are unwilling to match Tottenham's £40 million valuation of the midfielder.

An ESPN source said: "Real Madrid have now indicated they will increase their offer because they can see that Spurs are not interested in the players in part exchange. Andre Villa Boas has said he is not interested in Sahin.

"Real are back with a bid of £33 million but they do not value Modric at £40 million and in any case they don't have so much money.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1127767?&cc=5739

Weird. Why dont they just sell Diarra, Kaka and Carvalho and use whatever they make from those sales to buy modric.

Back